pixeltracker

Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?

Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?

mule
#0Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:10pm

There are so many posts on here that seem to talk about this as if it is announced. I assumed the first few posts I read on this subject were simply posting what they wanted to happen, but a few posts seem to state Eden coming to the show as if it were fact.

I doubt it is happening but am just wondering.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#1re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:11pm

Who would she play?
Saycon is the standby still and I don't think Eden would take over for Nessarose again

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#2re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:12pm

No she's not coming back. Plus, Sho is 10X better anyway, so fear not! re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?

massofmen
#3re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:20pm

she will be back in the fall when shosh is done..bet me.

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#4re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:22pm

No need to bet- I agree.

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#5re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:25pm

When in the fall is Shosh done? (I'm trying to go see her before she leaves....)

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#6re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:37pm

Shoshana's contract is until January '06. I'm really hoping comes back. She's better than Sho, in my opinion.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#7re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 8:00pm

That'd be awsome if Eden came back as Elphaba as I'm probably going to NYC in the late fall or winter so I'd be thrilled if I got to see her live. re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

massofmen
#8re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 8:42pm

you sure? I thought I knew for a fact she was on a 6month..unless you know 1st hand.

#9re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 10:42pm

I hope not. She needs to leave broadway.

FabalaYero85
#10re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 10:46pm

It is possible she could take over for Fed who's contract is up this summer and then someone could take Nessa and Eden will be Elphaba in December/January 2006. Or Stephanie could come from the tour and take over Elphaba and totally skip over Eden (because who likes Eden anyways and Stephanie is 10 times better than both Eden and the Bean) or Kristy or Saycon could take over

hmm...

FosseBoi
#11re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 10:57pm

I would NOT be suprised if she went back to WICKED. I know she has said multiple times that she would LOVE to go back. I would to if I were her, just to get away from that horrid show.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

RentBoy86
#12re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:12am

You think Ana from the chicago production might transfer after a while? how long do sit down productions usually last?

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#13re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:14am

I think the sitdown production is scheduled till around this time next year.

Or atleast September this year. re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?

This is my signature.
Updated On: 5/26/05 at 12:14 AM

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#14re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:36am

Massofmen, I don't know first-hand. But I recall reading it on Shoshana's website. Maybe her contract has been changed, but she definitely said it was for a year.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#15re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:39am

i have a feeling Saycon will be moved up to play elphaba full time after shoshana leaves. it would follow the trend thus far (LBB was to replace cheno until negotiations fell apart, shoshana replaced idina, meg is replacing jlt) So perhaps eden will come back as a standby for saycon and eventually replace, or take over on the tour when stephanie is done

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

FosseBoi
#16re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:43am

Eden is to big for stand-bys now.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#17re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:12am

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Eden was asked to play Elphaba when Shoshana leaves (which I think is in January.) However, I'd love to see Stephanie leave the tour and come to Broadway, maybe putting Eden on tour. Stephanie deserves the big role on broadway - she's so good as Elphaba!

Mary P x

Norbert Leo's Butt Profile Photo
Norbert Leo's Butt
#18re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 3:30am

From the recordings i've heard, saycon is better than eden although apparently eden;s acting is superb. she does have a really versatile voice and i definitely agree with the 'anythng to get her away from that awful show' comment!

'They re-made my belly with skin from my butt'

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#19re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 4:45am

1. I heard a rumor that Stephanie was debating right after auditions for Elphaba replacements and tour casting which she'd prefer. Rumors were that Stephanie was offered either and no one was offered anything until she had decided - she obviously picked the tour and so they made the offer to Shosh for the Broadway replacement - could all be lies but I'd heard from someone who said they heard from Steph herself...who knows.

2. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered the role to Eden after Shosh leaves, BUT, I'd be surprised if Eden's not committed to another project by then.

I think she's gonna get scooped up. I'm predicting she'll do some Joe's Pub type things, lots of participation in Cabaret type events, maybe do her own cabaret type of thing and it won't be long until she gets snagged for another workshop and/or production. She's so close to being the next big thing, her potential is seeping and I think people are gonna wanna jump on that - to "make her"...

it's funny that I write that, I'm not a fan of hers - I mean, girl has some serious talent, I just don't prefer to watch or listen to her...maybe it was the show/role, I dunno.

Anyways, nothin' but the best of luck to her, but let us not forget, there are others contracted in these roles, she can't just come back unless there's something actually OPEN...

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

Norbert Leo's Butt Profile Photo
Norbert Leo's Butt
#20re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 5:23am

even tho brooklyn was so crap, will she get recognised as a star. brklyn was her first major b'way role wasnt it?

'They re-made my belly with skin from my butt'

Icbanannie Profile Photo
Icbanannie
#21re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 8:27am

Perhaps she will join up with a new production, such as Tarzan or The Little Mermaid.

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#22re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 8:55am

True, she did play Ariel in one of the parks she worked in. Also, I wouldn't mind if she came back to "Wicked," I would hate to see Saycon take the role over. I was less than impressed with her. More than less, actually.

-Vincent

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#23re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 9:54am

fosseboi- she was wearing trash in a show that could be described as the same for some time, i doubt she's "too big" to be a standby

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#24re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 11:42am

I hope Eden doesn't come back...she was the worst Elphaba I've heard!!!

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Videos