pixeltracker

Who role that you have played, is your most prized?- Page 2

Who role that you have played, is your most prized?

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#25re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 3:57pm

The theatre that I perform at did "Smoke on the Mountain" a few years back and I was cast as Rev. Oglethorpe. The show became a runaway hit in the community so we did the show again the following the season AND did the Christmas version as well. So...I played that role forever it seemed. It was a lot of fun though.

I guess as far as traditional roles go I had a lot of fun playing Prez in two separate productions of "The Pajama Game" and as Hero in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum".

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#26re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:09pm

Paul in A CHORUS LINE several times.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#27re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:16pm

Yum-yum in the Mikado.

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Necromancer07707 Profile Photo
Necromancer07707
#28re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:17pm

Sweeney Todd in Sweeney Todd

Not the most appreciated role ever, but definately the most personally fulfilling.

"I am ready to disclaim my opinion, even of yesterday, even of 10 minutes ago, because all opinions are relative. One lives in a field of influences, one is influenced by everyone one meets, everything is an exchange of influences, all opinions are derivative. Once you deal a new deck of cards, you've got a new deck of cards." — Peter Brook

DivaQueen332
#29re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:21pm

Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors
Eve in Children of Eden

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#30re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:25pm

Nurse Ratched in "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"---my first role!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

yodamarie78 Profile Photo
yodamarie78
#31re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:31pm

Curley's Wife in Of Mice and Men, I have never worked so hard for a role, or had more fun getting beat up and murdered re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?

elphie30
#32re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:36pm

I loved playing rizzo in grease

Save him please, just save him My poor Boq, my sweet, my brave him Don't leave me till my sorry life has scene Alone and loveless here, just the girl in the mirror Just her and me, the Wicked Witch of the East

apdarcey
#33re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:40pm

look to the left of this message and take a wild guess!

yes, as many here already know i just had the best time ever as schroeder. it was such a fun production and the cast was amazing.

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#34re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:42pm

It was just a showcase, but I recently played Mama in a scene from 'Night, Mother. It was the final scene, and I had never worked so hard in my life. Amazing!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

apdarcey
#35re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 4:43pm

mynameinlights. where are you from? because i was in a showcase in april where that scene was performed. just the final scene of 'night, mother. random i guess!

iluvtheatertrash
#36re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 7:00pm

The Baker - INTO THE WOODS

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

MyNameInLights
#37re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 7:05pm

I'm from Las Vegas. I don't think it was the same one!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

ScubaSteve Profile Photo
ScubaSteve
#38re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 7:11pm

Joe Zutty in Working. First time I did a role and didn't go home and say "Man, that sucked, I should have done A, B, and C differently." It's fun not having to beat yourself up over a role. Viola in Twelfth Night, getting to crossdress was fun.

I wish I could do Leo Frank or Britt Craig from Parade, Pippin, or Jamie from The Last Five Years. I just sorta wanna go crazy on the stage, and none of my past roles have allowed me to do that.

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#39re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 7:12pm

Rooster Hannigan ~ Annie
Oberon ~ A Midsummer Nights Dream
The Baker ~ Into The Woods
Willard Hewitt ~ Footloose
Cliff Bradshaw ~ Cabaret (Current)

All meanigful and fufilling for different reasons

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

ally_kay_on_broadway Profile Photo
ally_kay_on_broadway
#40re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 7:24pm

anybodys in west side story - small role, huge impact :)

plus the 'action' ended up being my boyfriend a couple months after the show- which was cool re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?

"talent is wanting something hard enough to work for it" - my drama teacher :)

Thesbijean
#41re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 7:24pm

Jean Valjean in Les Miserables, was the toughest, but also the one I had the most fun with...

hypertruffle
#42re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 7:35pm

It's not an acting role, but I'm damn proud of it (I got paid too).

Violin I (Concertmistress)-'A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum'

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#43re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 7:38pm

I would have to say Motel in a big outdoor production of Fiddler on the Roof that I did last summer, because it's the first time I was really satisfied with my prtrayal. I made him quirky, endearing, and really showed his character arch in the show from a wimp to somebody who is willing to stand for his family. Plus I was getting recognized all over the place an even had people ask me for autographs at the bar, which was really weird, but cool.

Akiva

Adjie Profile Photo
Adjie
#44re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 7:48pm

Audrey in Little Shop followed closely by Eliza in My Fair Lady

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#45re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:32pm

CHARLIE BAKER (no, it's not a code - it's my name) in THE FOREIGNER.

blasny! blasny!

RIP glebby <3

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#46re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:38pm

i have 3
billy flynn
j.pierrepont finch
mr applegate

since all 3 were just fascets of my natural personality, not to mention how to succeed is starting to parallel my real life

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#47re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:40pm

Mabel in Pirates of Penzance mos def.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

jflynn
#48re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:52pm

Updated On: 12/31/09 at 08:52 PM

MyNameInLights
#49re: Which role that you have played, is your most prized?
Posted: 6/28/05 at 9:17pm

jflynn, I want to play Younger Brother in Ragtime and I'm a girl! I love that role. Hope you play it someday!

Updated On: 6/28/05 at 09:17 PM

Videos