pixeltracker

Favorite Theatrical Experience- Page 2

Favorite Theatrical Experience

freeadmission Profile Photo
freeadmission
#25re: Favorite Theatrical Experience
Posted: 7/16/05 at 8:38am

"freeadmission, can you post a recording of yourself? I really want to hear you sing now!"

If I had a recording of myself, I'd post it, but I don't. Nor do I know how to do it. Aaaand, I have no voice right now becuase I have a cold and whenever I get a cold I completely lose my voice (grrrr!).

Sorry. re: Favorite Theatrical Experience

Updated On: 7/16/05 at 08:38 AM

Millie Lammoreaux
#26re: Favorite Theatrical Experience
Posted: 7/16/05 at 10:47am

Stumbled on a wonderful original musical, "Book of the Night," at the Goodman Theater while in Chicago in 1991. The experience was so moving and so unexpected that it has stayed with me, and powerfully so. It's a mystery to me that it never moved on to Broadway or, to my knowledge, has never been restaged anywhere. Would love to see it again.

Anyone else happen to catch it?

It's too early for noches.

LuvBroadwayHugs
#27re: Favorite Theatrical Experience
Posted: 7/16/05 at 11:04am

I think my favorite experience was the first time I saw The Boy From Oz. It was my birthday last year and we had fabulous seats and I mean come on, Hugh Jackman? I don't think I blinked once during the whole show.

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#28re: Favorite Theatrical Experience
Posted: 7/16/05 at 1:37pm

Favourite Theatrical Experiences
~Seeing my first Broadway show, Cats, front row next to the runway. I was 7 and it was seeing that performance that I knew I wanted to be an actress.
~Seeing Jennifer Holliday play Efffie in Dreamgirls at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Dreamgirls has been one of my favourite shows practically since infancy and seeing Ms. Holliday play the role that made her famous after literally growing up listening to the cast recording, I'm just not articulate enough to express how much this meant to me.
~John Tartaglia's 4th of July AD-Liberty show. My friends know why re: Favorite Theatrical Experience

Performing wise
~Playing Dolly in my high school's production of Hello, Dolly! It was my first lead role and my last time performing with many of the amazing friends I made in Drama Club over those last 4 years
~Playing Little Sally in Urinetown. This is the only case where I had seen the OBC (twice) and was cast in one of the first regional productions licensed. And in my favourite role too!

PJ
#29re: Favorite Theatrical Experience
Posted: 7/16/05 at 5:41pm

1) Seeing Bernadette Peters in Gypsy. The way miss pennywise felt towards Mame is the way I'll always feel about Gypsy. Perfect theatre experience.

2) Seeing the entire original Broadway cast of Wicked. I know it sounds stupid to most, but there was just something about seeing Kristin and Idina, two performers I'd loved long before Wicked, on stage together was magical to me.

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#30re: Favorite Theatrical Experience
Posted: 7/16/05 at 5:45pm

Favorite Experience: Eric Idle standing right behind me as I watch "Spamalot"!!!

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

BwayTheatre11
#31re: Favorite Theatrical Experience
Posted: 7/16/05 at 5:46pm

1) Sitting at the SM's console backstage, wearing a headset, at the State Theatre in Cleveland for the national tour of Hairspray. Being an aspiring lighting designer/master electrician...especially on a national tour...this was a dream come true. Everyone was extremely nice.

2) Doing something similar backstage at the Palace Theatre in Cleveland for the national tour of Peter Pan.

CCM '10!

BabyJohn Profile Photo
BabyJohn
#32re: Favorite Theatrical Experience
Posted: 7/16/05 at 8:47pm

Being In West Side As Baby John (jet). It was so great! Although our last two weeks of rehersals went 7-1:30Am (Agh) I loved every moment of it.

KRISTEN CHENOWETH To show my gratitude, I'll offer you this pointy black hat, which is just like the one Original Wicked Witch Margaret Hamilton wore in the movie! IDINA MENZEL What a great idea! How about throughout the play, you continue to offer me things like a black cloak, or a black cape, or a broom to make me look more and more like Margaret Hamilton did! These attempts at humor will be painfully predictable from a mile away! AUDIENCE collectively groans.

ConvinceMe2 Profile Photo
ConvinceMe2
#33re: Favorite Theatrical Experience
Posted: 7/18/05 at 9:27am

Seeing VICTOR VICTORIA with Julie Andrews and seeing RAGTIME for the first time. Also, seeing RAGTIME on the National Tour, and liking it even better than the Broadway production was pretty great. On a very personal level, my favorite experience was doing the role of Don Baker in BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE.

ConvinceMe2 is dead. Long live BrendanStryker!

#34re: Favorite Theatrical Experience
Posted: 7/18/05 at 1:10pm

Seeing Hedwig and the Angry Inch for the first time (and second...and third...). The most powerful performance I have ever seen.

Videos