Cristina Applegate

brdwyman Profile Photo
brdwyman
#25re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 5:48pm

i thought this was a Broadway Message Board enough of this fighting i'm done fighting if your're done

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#26re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 5:52pm

Nope, I still have no idea what you're trying to say. Let me go find a 4 year-old to translate.
Updated On: 8/20/05 at 05:52 PM

brdwyman Profile Photo
brdwyman
#27re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 5:56pm

Even i thought you could read my messages, but i guess you need someone smarter than you to read them, is that you why need a 4 year old

Updated On: 8/20/05 at 05:56 PM

MatthewAddison Profile Photo
MatthewAddison
#28re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 5:58pm

Well, I guess he told you!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#29re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:09pm

Wg28-Standing O's mean nothing nowadays. You or I could play Charity and get a standing ovation.

Hahahah that totally made my night! It's so true, though I can't imagine me, a guy, dressed in the red dress and singing If my Friends Could see Me Now! lol, though I hope you would all come and see me try . . . . did I mention I can't sing or dance?!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

brdwyman Profile Photo
brdwyman
#30re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:11pm

LOL

RockabyeHamlet
#31re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:22pm

This thread made my day...

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

brdwyman Profile Photo
brdwyman
#32re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:26pm

i guess this thread is funny

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#33re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:38pm

well some of those people think they're perfect^^^

If that's your attempt at an insult, I really would like a compliment from you. re: Cristina Applegate Honestly? You wouldn't be in this rut you're in now if you just attempted to make what you're trying to say...coherent. And BWW is a board full of nasty rabid fans and veterans. Either way you go, you'll become one or the other. But a tip? Veterans OWN the fans.

And Matthew A.- We try our best to satisfy. re: Cristina Applegate

This is my signature.
Updated On: 8/20/05 at 06:38 PM

brdwyman Profile Photo
brdwyman
#34re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:42pm

i wasnt insulting i was telling the truth that bobby person thinks she is perfect

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#35re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:46pm

We do own the fans don't we? Ha!

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#36re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:50pm

Fans are like....our bitches. re: Cristina Applegate

This is my signature.

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#37re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:50pm

Ooooh Aigoo I love it when you talk dirty. re: Cristina Applegate

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#38re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:54pm

Wow! This is an amusing thread.

Anyway. Christina is great. She acted the hell out of the role, and I don't care what anyone says - she is probally ONE of the finest ACTRESSES to play the role. I'm not saying finest dancer or singer (and the finest singer sure wasn't Gwen - that would be Debbie)

Anyway, I heard clips from her in Chicago. and lets say her singing improved TONS TONS TONS. Her singing was yikes back then. Her and Denis sounded like two amatures squealing away on BRAVEST INDIVIDUAL, their pitch was all off. When I saw her on Broadway her pitch was near perfect, she tried getting a little beltier and jazzier on some notes, which worked. And even Denis' singing has improved!

Updated On: 8/20/05 at 06:54 PM

brdwyman Profile Photo
brdwyman
#39re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:58pm

her singing on the cd isnt that bad either

stagebeauty Profile Photo
stagebeauty
#40re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/20/05 at 9:20pm

agreed.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#41re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:54pm

Exactly what ljay said.

And Aigoo is crowned Princess of BWW

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

theaterlover45 Profile Photo
theaterlover45
#42re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/21/05 at 6:42pm

I'm hoping to see her. I've seen a clip on broadway.com and I thought she was pretty good on it.

bwayfan4ever
#43re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/21/05 at 7:13pm

I was not a huge fan of Married with Children when she was on the show but then Jesse came along and I got into that show.

I am VERY excited to see she is on broadway and giving her all every night. I have never seen an actres become SO COMITTED to a sghow that she would actually convince the producers to get it back on track just to complete her dream of coming to NYC!!

I LOVE Christina and hope to see her in the show soon!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#44re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/21/05 at 7:14pm

^ Yep. and she's ALWAYS in. She only missed one performance. She is VERY dedicated.

theaterlover45
#45re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/21/05 at 7:17pm

Thats amazing, I can't beleive she has only missed one show!

Johnnytoc
#46re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/21/05 at 8:33pm

Let me be another person to say I find Christina's singing 'eh' but her acting and dancing really wonderful. I went into the show without expectations and found her to be wonderful as Charity. Perhaps I'll try to go see her again before her contract is up.

theaterlover45
#47re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/21/05 at 8:34pm

Do you know when that is? ^^^^

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#48re: Cristina Applegate
Posted: 8/21/05 at 8:48pm

I"ll second the kudos the her dedication, acting and dancing. Her singing is forgettable but not offensively bad, and there were certain points in the show where I thought she showed vocal potential but kinda held the vocals back. I guess maybe the directors didn't want to do anything that would be risky involving her voice, tu I definetly she had the potential to sing even better if given teh chance.

Videos