pixeltracker

If Newsies went to Broadway...- Page 2

If Newsies went to Broadway...

Fan2
#25re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 9/25/05 at 9:02pm

>>10 bucks tells me that even 10-15 years ago when Hugh Jackman was 22-27 (he's 37 now) he still looks like a tall drink of water and did not remotely seem like a teen...

If you go here:

http://www.jackmanslanding.com/gallery/film-stage-tv/correlli.html

You can see pictures of Hugh at age 27 - they are pictures of him on his first job - the Australian TV series "Correlli" (where he met his wife - who played Esther Jacobs in "Newsies").

Broadwaygirl22 Profile Photo
Broadwaygirl22
#26re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 10/8/05 at 3:41pm

If Newsies went to Broadway or was remade into another movie again, I think Drake Bell should play David Jacobs. His voice is okay and I think he could act the part well. I don't know who should play Jack Kelly though. Nathan Lane might be good as the guy who's always selling the papers. I forget his name, but the character's kind of overweight. Does anyone know who I'm talking about? I think he works with the guy who Jack Kelly works for near the end.

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation."

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
newsieboy23
#27re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 10/8/05 at 4:24pm

Um. Id be in it. Totally up my alley. I'd be mush. Or spot conlon. Cute singer-dancer type and young looking. Thats me.

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#28re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 10/8/05 at 4:35pm

This would really be awesome. I would draw a lot of families and give a lot of great male dancers a job!

EricSalvi
#32re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 1/16/07 at 3:37pm

Christian Bale can sing. Haven't you ever seen Empire of the sun?

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#33re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 1/16/07 at 5:11pm

i've always said newsies is for broadway.

i love it! and i think you're hard-pressed to find anyone who doesn't love it. *sigh*

is this crazy to say, but matthew morrison? hmm.

ahh newsies on broadway, i'm getting giddy just thinking about it. damn.

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#34re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 1/16/07 at 5:28pm

I was in a messed up production of Newsies as Spot Conlon. While our adaptation wasn't good, I bet with the right people it could do really well.

BDrischBDemented
#35re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 1/16/07 at 7:42pm

Harvey Fierstein HAS to be Wiesel (sp?). The character in the movie even has a vaguely Fierstein look about him. Plus he could have some ridiculous song added for him.

It's also just fun imagining Harvey saying Wiesel's lines. "How many times have I told you boys?! It's MISTER *does that thing where his voice drops deeply down* WIESEL."

"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#36re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 1/16/07 at 10:16pm

I cast me as the set designer...

Akiva

DiamondGirl
#37re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 1/16/07 at 10:22pm

Actually, EricSalvi, Bale was dubbed for Empire of the Sun.

eatlasagna
#38re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 6/8/07 at 7:48pm

old thread i know... but i just watched these clips of these fraternities at UC IRvine putting on a talent show and doing Newsies and i was REALLY impressed... part one is just a video of them rehearsing but i put part two on first cuz that's the start of the numbers...

watch the other stuff too... it's awesome... these greeks sure do know how to put on a good show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGt2PB1jn5I

Newsies Clips

EdmundOG
#39re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 6/8/07 at 8:07pm

"Harvey Fierstein HAS to be Wiesel (sp?). The character in the movie even has a vaguely Fierstein look about him. Plus he could have some ridiculous song added for him. "

I'm not really a fan of the movie, but my roommates love it. Fortunately, they also love my Harvey impression, and don't mind me repeating every one of Weisel's lines in Harvey voice.

pandajen14 Profile Photo
pandajen14
#40re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 6/8/07 at 9:25pm

When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was, "If Newsies went to Broadway, I would go into a happy-induced coma!"

"Writing should be easy, like a monkey driving a speedboat..." -[title of show] "I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and meet up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

colleen_lee
#41re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 6/8/07 at 10:55pm

Wow, that's one of the first actually decent youtube videos I've ever seen. For a bunch of non-professional frat boys, that was really, really good.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

gymdudeva
#42re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:02am

Voila, ya got your Broadway ensemble right there!

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#43re: If Newsies went to Broadway...
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:29am

Our 8th Grade chorus sang "Seize the Day" for graduation last night. I love that song!

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Videos