pixeltracker

Rent on Regis and Kelly Thursday- Page 2

Rent on Regis and Kelly Thursday

kas Profile Photo
kas
#25re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/12/05 at 5:19pm

anyone willing to post it? pleeeease? i have to work. who needs money, anyway.

rentheadcagofan12
#26re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/12/05 at 5:23pm

Argh. I really wish they could do something else! Not like I don't love Seasons of Love, it's just... overplayed. Blah. If they could get away with La Vie Boheme on Leno, why can't they get away with something like Goodbye Love ( with cutting out the swearing) on Regis? *shrug* But I'm still really excited! Yay for being off tomorrow. McWoot. I know I'm gonna have a stroke tomorrow moring. re: Rent on Regis and Kelly

EDIT: They did 'Rent' on Leno, sorry bout that.

Why does every one have a sarcastic, yet witty signature besides me? :-(
Updated On: 10/12/05 at 05:23 PM

Defy_Gravity2 Profile Photo
Defy_Gravity2
#27re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/12/05 at 5:41pm

I agree, I love seeing them together but ENOUGH already! You know SOL is overplayed when you're driving your friends around and all of them, even the ones who have NEVER heard of RENT before, know at least the chorus...jeeze.

re: Rent on Regis and Kelly

I had just finished shooting a coffee commercial. And ain't it ironic? I don't drink coffee. Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee.
Updated On: 10/12/05 at 05:41 PM

musicnmath
#28re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/12/05 at 7:19pm

bumping as a reminder...

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#29re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/12/05 at 7:26pm

I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll be watching.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#31re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/12/05 at 8:04pm

Ugh, I absolutely can't wait. Every little thing is one bit closer.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#32re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/12/05 at 11:57pm

I would think they might've done Love Heals, since it's no longer a surprise, and showcases all of them.
*shrugs* I do love me my SOL, though. And seeing them perform that a billion times is better than them not doing anything.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#33re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:19am

It's simple: SoL is by far the most recognizable song from the show -- and its recognizability (I may have made that word up) is only going to grow with the release of the movie.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

almostxfamous
#34re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:13am

Bumping this thread because it's on now(the show, not RENT).

Regis and Kelly talk too much.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#35re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:42am

YAY! Taye looks like an adorable little boy...lol. Yikes for Wilson's slight vocal malfunction. :/ I miss Jesse.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 10/13/05 at 09:42 AM

almostxfamous
#36re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:50am

No Jesse makes little children cry.

They were kind of like, on top of each other. It looked like Adam and Wilson were gonna knock Tracie over. And yay for Anthony's enthusiastic clapping.

Annd I had to run away in the middle of this post because they came back with them, which I wasn't expecting.

I love it a lot. *hugs it*

almostxfamous
#37re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:50am

double post Updated On: 10/13/05 at 09:50 AM

rentheadcagofan12
#38re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:52am

Noooooo! They came back and I missed it?!?!?! re: Rent on Regis and Kelly....

Why does every one have a sarcastic, yet witty signature besides me? :-(

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#39re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:52am

i don't get that channel in my room. re: Rent on Regis and Kelly

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#40re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:54am

Why were they standing so close together? It was really irritating me. They were like glued together. Yeah, Wilson is just not right for the second solo. I think Adam could do it when Jesse's unavailable. I think it would sound more powerful.

Atrias Profile Photo
Atrias
#41re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:55am

Jessseeee! And stupid Regis didn't say Taye's name right.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#42re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:56am

It was just a little interview with the same questions everyone keeps asking them.
1. What was different about bringing it to film?
2. How was it being the new kids, Rosario and Traci?
3. Comments on Jonathan Larson.
4. Chris Columbus the perfect director for this.

Pretty much it. Regis called Taye Ty. Idina is adorable. and they all looked smooshed.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Allie
#43re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:58am

I decided to skip Psych class for this (don't tell anyone...) and I woke up at, like, 10:39. I ran out to the living room and turned on the TV just as Kelly started talking about them.

Hehe, they were awfully close together! I love how Rosario started applauding at the end with the audience, aww!

I would love to hear Adam do that solo.

Atrias Profile Photo
Atrias
#44re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:02am

Adam wore a green sweater and didn't say a word.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#45re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:04am

Definitely would love to hear Adam do that solo. I liked Wilson's solo when they sang at Bryant Park, but today it was just... yikes.
Regis called Taye "Ty," and Idina (I think) went "It's Taye... jeez!" that was really funny.
I kinda wish they would've done a different song. I like SOL, but that seems to be ALL they sing. I still liked it though. I woke up at 9:30 and turned the TV on as they were going tot he commercial right before they sang.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Allie
#46re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:10am

It was Kelly who corrected Regis, I believe! Did they shorten the song a bit at the beginning? I noticed they came in a couple of bars before they usually do.

minimel8817 Profile Photo
minimel8817
#47re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:12am

i'm glad that it was pre-tapped, cause im watching it with my parents while we're gettin ready to go to temple, and they're like shame on Idina...cause today is the holiest day of the year for jews....it was too funny

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#48re: Rent on Regis and Kelly

can anyone post? my tape didn't work and i had class! please!!!!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

elphieisperky
#49re: Rent on Regis and Kelly

Just saw it...very good. Where's Jesse? That kind of freaked me out. Anyway, funny about Regis calling Taye 'Ty', and yeah, they did look a bit squished. Idina was beautiful, and Traci's solo was great. So, the traditional greatness from the cast of Rent.

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#50re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:13am

ANTHONY MENTIONED ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING!

(this has been my random joy of the day, thank you)

Adam looked good, but why was he so quiet?
Tracie did amazingly and that girl awes me every time she opens her mouth.
Rosario's description of the fangirling was adorable.
Wilson has to get rid of the facial hair now. No, no...
Taye being called Ty was amusing, because he just dropped his head in defeat.
Idina was being her normal, sarcastic self.

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

Videos