#25re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 10:31pm

who was over 20 when they made it?

www.kickfornick.com

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#26re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 11:16pm

I would have certainly liked it a lot better if they had showed the hottie *really* naked.

(sigh)

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#27re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/18/05 at 11:53pm

I thought that film was just awful.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#28re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 7:28am

Ughhh Camp! Seriously...Robin De Jesus and the weird underwear washing girl were the only good parts of this movie!

The kid who played Vlad was the worst actor I have ever seen. Oh and one minute he's acting gay, the next he isn't...wtf?!?!

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#29re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 11:16am

They sold out and gave it a hollywood ending by having Vlad turn out to be straight. That ruined it for me.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Kringas
#30re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 12:36pm

The movie is wretched, the acting is wretched, but it's almost worth a look because of "Turkey Lurkey Time."

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#31re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 1:35pm

thetheatrekook, I don't know everyone but I know for sure that Daniel Letterle, Dequina Moore, Tony Melson, Steven Cutts, and Vince Rimoldi were in their 20's when they filmed it

Also Sasha Allen, Joanna Chilcoat, Robin De Jesus, Tiffany Taylor and Anna Kendrick were in their teens when they shot the film

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#32re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 3:24pm

I believe Stephen Sondheim barely made it into the 20+ category, but I can't be sure...

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#33re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 5:55pm

"I believe Stephen Sondheim barely made it into the 20+ category, but I can't be sure..."

REALLY?! He looks GREAT for his age!! re: 'Camp' is on tonight

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#34re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 9:22pm

This is one movie I hated.
The following are not my words, but those of an imdb.com user, who gave it only one star.
I agree with what he/she wrote 100%.

"I went to this movie thinking it'd be a good affirmation of gay youth, but boy was I unpleasantly surprised.

Who thought it was a good idea to make a straight guy the hero of this film? In a movie that's supposedly about affirming difference and the difficulties of being a gay teenager, I found it really shameful that a straight guy was the protagonist. I at first thought it might be interesting to see such a guy trying to see how difficult it is to fit in to a society different from his own -- but instead the director decided to make all the kids (gay guys and straight women) fall for him. What a sad, stupid choice ...

Also really deplorable that the primary gay character is not given someone gay to love himself -- talk about reinforcing hetero society!

This is one of those movies that's only masquerading as progressive. In truth, it's depressingly conservative.

Shame on Sondheim for doing the cameo."

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#35re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 9:24pm

OH MY GOD.

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT BEING GAY.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#36re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 9:27pm

I loved that movie, it was so much fun and some of the characters had wit to them.

jasobres
#37re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 9:28pm

Is every single character except for Vlad really gay?

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#38re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/19/05 at 9:34pm

...no comment.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

LostLeander
#39re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:16am

I LOVE this movie, and at first I thought it was one of those "too-terrible-to-hate" movies, and I thought it was awfully acted, and that the screenplay was incredibly stupid, and confusing... and then I realized.. that the whole movie is just extremely campy.

Hence, the title, Camp.

Sure, they are at a camp, but I think the whole movie is set up as a campy, melo-dramatic musical.

OK, the acting, still, isn't always the best, but I think the characters have such a real honesty, that I recognize myself, and others in them.

The flirtatious straight boy? Yeah... I have been in Michael's shoes SO many times. And yes, I totally would have gone with him in the end too. Still hoping... Pathetic? Yes. Campy? Oh yeah.

I didn't see Vlad as the hero, either. He's kind of sympathetic, since he's got that disease (revealed in an extremely awkward monologue)... but he just likes attention.

The movie does contain some great one-liners though... among my favorites: "Is that your father?", "I'm doing 'Don't Rain on my Parade'... WITH the tugboat.", "I believe I know your stepsister, Cinderella?"

But can someone get the bitchy girl some acting lessons and weight watchers?

Ouch. Ok, I'm done.

Personally, I think I have too much bloom.

#40re: 'Camp' is on tonight
Posted: 2/11/06 at 7:38pm

I finally just watched this- amusing on a boring Saturday afternoon. How old is the lead Daniel Letterle? It says on his bio on IMDB that he did WSS in Milan in 1997!!!

Videos