Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#25re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:19am

lol--that's a good quote

#26re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 1:30am

Interesting... Just came back from SF and the Lestat previews. I personally thought that Jack was great in the role.

New character direction... I spoke to Hugh and the creative team is still trying to figure out how to approach the character of Armand. In a some of the previews that I saw, Hugh said that they toned down the "religious zealot" aspect of Armand.

Best wishes to Jack...he will be missed.

~Rosalynn

Mike3 Profile Photo
Mike3
#27re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 2:38am

Jack Noseworthy performed tonight - his final performance. The cast applauded him as he came out for his curtain call. Poor Allison Fischer (Claudia) was in tears. He is not what is wrong with this show.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#28re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 8:13am

was there nudity involved?

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#29re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 9:25am

jack noseworthy is a performer i neither understand nor appreciate. i've never thought he belonged on a stage. my first thought is that he must be doing one of the producers. seriously.

Mind is Mantra.

leefowler
#30re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 9:30am

I wroked with Drew Sarich in Berlin on "Hunchback Of Notre Dame". He's brilliant, and everybody should get VERY excited that he's in the show.

Also...he's really a great guy.

Behind the fake tinsel of Broadway is real tinsel.

zelda Profile Photo
zelda
#31re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 10:32am

not that i am saying i told anybody so. but i did. he is not the best choice. i said this a few days ago. he is a very mechancial actor. and i didnt think his acting style and panaro's would work very well. i doubt panaro will make it to broadway with this show. there are much stronger actors needed to carry off this piece.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#32re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 10:46am

Garland Grrrl --- I kinda agree. He's such a particular unique type, which is why I think he keeps getting cast.

I've seen others around who are also this "type," who are much better performers. Like Logan Lipton for example (who's much younger though). He's currently playing Boq in the Wicked tour. He's like a younger Noseworthy with a bigger talent.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#33re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 10:55am

I'd like to take Jack to dinner and allow him to vent for hour and hours and hours.

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

Hogarth Profile Photo
Hogarth
#34re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 2:10pm

Merry Christmas,Jack.

And goodbye.

If they could do it as good as me - they'd be up here.

MUNKY Profile Photo
MUNKY
#35re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/26/05 at 5:52am

Noooo! Por que? He's the one of the many reason why I wanted to see it. re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com

"Now I may not have much, but I have more determination than any man you're likely to meet." - Big Fish
"Misdirection. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes." - Swordfish

Dollypop
#36re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/26/05 at 8:44am

Everyone's last name has some sort of genesis. Ex: "Cooper" means "barrelmaker" and "Smith" refers to "blacksmith". One is left to ponder how a name like "Noseworthy" came into being.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

fiatlux
#37re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/26/05 at 10:18am

"One is left to ponder how a name like "Noseworthy" came into being."

Derives from Norsworde - which just means northern property - an area of land in Dorset, given to the Bishop of Coutances by William I; the Bishop being Normandy-based sub-let the land to two men - who in the tradition of the day - called themselves after the land. But to differentiate, called themselves (in modern spelling) Norsworthy and Nosworthy, which they seemed to think would help. Thus, you have a number of people descended from these two men, who have very similar names - and before standard spelling was introduced - spelt their names in a number of ways - Nessworthy, Noseworthy, Nurseworthy etc.

When I visit my father I drive on Norsworthy Bridge, over the River Meavy on Dartmoor. And my father's nearest neighbours are two sisters whose maiden names were Noseworthy....

Well, you did ponder re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com

other321
#38re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/26/05 at 12:33pm

Jack's replacement DREW SARICH is an amazing performer so I am very excited to see him do something in the States. He has a huge following in Europe.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#39re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/26/05 at 12:40pm

That was fascinating, flatlux.

#40re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/26/05 at 8:49pm

Me and Ivan saw Drew at the Christmas Eve performance and we both liked him.

(Off topic, it looks like my Mercedes has found a way to the board.)

MUNKY Profile Photo
MUNKY
#41re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 1/13/06 at 3:01am

Just saw Lestat. It was stunning. I wish Jack was still part of the cast. I do like Drew's performance too. Where are you Jack!? I hope you'll do other projects soon.

"Now I may not have much, but I have more determination than any man you're likely to meet." - Big Fish
"Misdirection. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes." - Swordfish
Updated On: 1/13/06 at 03:01 AM

#42re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 1/13/06 at 4:39am

Last night, he was walking his dog!
(I passed him on the street on my walk home from work!!!)

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#43re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 1/13/06 at 4:50am

I think every human being is noseworthy. Even those who can't keep jobs in future flop musicals. Perhaps he is even more noseworthy, for that reason alone. Jack, we believe in you and we know that no matter what happens, you will always be as noseworthy as the next person.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 1/13/06 at 04:50 AM

#44re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 1/13/06 at 12:17pm

I think he is smart to get out of it.... In its current form, LESTAT is barely watchable, let alone a good musical.

Videos