pixeltracker

Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com

Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#0Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 6:21pm

Is there any dirt here? It sounds so civil in the quote...
story

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#1re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 6:23pm

Damn. I was looking forward to seeing him.

Creative Lunatic
#2re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 6:28pm

I don't know if there is any dirt--but there is definitely a story that is not being told in this press release...

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#3re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 6:29pm

"the creative team has decided to take the character of Armand, wonderfully played by Jack Noseworthy, in a new direction,"

What does that mean? When I first read this, I thought maybe the character was take out of the show. But, it seems here that the charcter has probably has just gotten smaller and and actor of Noseworthy's kind is not up for a small part... or the creative team just did not like Noseworthy in the role. Does anyone have the real story?

Drtheatre

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

Creative Lunatic
#4re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 6:38pm

Sometimes when the phrase....take the character in a new direction is used---it can mean changing the ethnicity of the character. I am just making a suggestion based on another casting change.
This was done when Rob Sapp was replaced by Jose Llana in Spelling Bee.
Robb was loved and fabulous in the role but they wanted to diversify the cast. Robb moved on to Wicked immediately...And Jose is great.
There was no rancor and Robb's talent was never questioned.
The replacement for Jack will help reveal what direction they intend to go in...

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#5re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 6:43pm

That is very true CREATIVELUNATIC, there are so many reasons that this could have happened. But, also, they said in the press releases that Noseworthy's understudy will take on the role until a replacement is found. So to me it was a matter of creative differences. Which happens a lot in a working process of a show!

Drtheatre

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#6re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 6:50pm

They added a photo to the story of him in the show. It looks pretty striking.

#7re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 6:55pm

AH.... I was wanting to see Jack. Okay.

*is bummed*

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#8re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 6:56pm

Wow, I just saw him in the role last night.

The role of Armand is really kind of weird and slightly pointless as the musical stands right now, and who knows what all else is going on.

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

#9re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 6:59pm

You never know what's going to happen.

jarretSF Profile Photo
jarretSF
#10re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 7:01pm

He was good. It'll be interesting to see where they take this. Hopefully it will be positive for the show.

Some people come into our lives and quietly go, others stay a while, and leave footprints on our heart, and we are never the same.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#11re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 7:26pm

poor guy..

apdarcey
#12re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 7:34pm

very strange indeed. especially since both parties seemed so keen on making this look ok...?

codyjo88 Profile Photo
codyjo88
#13re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 7:54pm

He was wrong in the role. As I said in my first night performance review I thought he was the weakest member of the cast. I thought he was a poor actor and just was not connecting to the part. The new Armand has to be darker, a true antagonist to Lestat. I keep thinking of Javert from Les Mis. Let's hope this is the first of many positive changes for Lestat.

Updated On: 12/22/05 at 07:54 PM

broadwaybound882
#14re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 9:35pm

Hey, this happens in the Broadway world, sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad. Unfortunately, I won't be able to actually see his performance. btw w/ the photp, Hugh looks pretty kool and pretty much as I pictured Lestat! Canit wait for Spring '06!

broadwaybound882
#15re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 9:35pm

Hey, this happens in the Broadway world, sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad. Unfortunately, I won't be able to actually see his performance. btw w/ the photp, Hugh looks pretty kool and pretty much as I pictured Lestat! Canit wait for Spring '06!

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#16re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 9:36pm

Do those of you who have seen the show have any thoughts on who might replace him? What kind of voice is called for in the part?

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#17re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 9:40pm

That's too bad as I was looking forward to seeing him. I love the photo of him & Hugh they have posted! Hugh looks just like I imagined Lestat from reading the books!

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

#18re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 9:40pm

in the books, isnt armand young? perhaps thats irrelevant to this production, but I seem to remember him being a teenager or something.

dancinfan
#19re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 9:51pm

There were rumors that Noseworthy was being somewhat irresponsible, not learning his lines, that sort of thing, generally being a pain. But that doesn't mean that the team isn't going to try something new with the role.

It did all sound civil, and I guarantee that Noseworthy got a good chunk of change in the deal. You have to buy an actor out of a contract like that.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#20re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 10:07pm

He did seem to be the one who stumbled on his lines the most, BUT keep in mind I did see a preview. And he didn't do it all that often -- just enough for me to notice he was doing it and not anyone else was, or at least not as obviously.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

exedore
#21re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 10:47pm

Drew's a phenomenal actor with a great voice. He was able to carry Hedwig in Berlin, and I had the pleasure of seeing him take on his dual role in Barbarella. He's got a lot of energy, and is extremely talented.

/wants to see Lestat more now...

buskeat Profile Photo
buskeat
#22re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/22/05 at 11:22pm

I just remember seeing Jack Noseworthy in the pre-Broadway run of "Sweet Smell of Success" in Chicago and thinking it was the single worst performance I had ever seen in my life. Then again, it wasn't a very good show...

insomniak
#23re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:00am

What is the music like?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#24re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:04am

Like nothing you've ever heard before. And yet, like everything you've heard before.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos