pixeltracker

What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???- Page 2

What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#25re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:14am

i'd love to see:

Madonna as Roxie or Velma with Cher as the other murderess and
Stevie Knicks as Mama Morton in "Chicago"

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

jasobres
#26re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:18am

Music stars don't belong in Chicago, only singer-dancers.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#27re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:24am

have you seen Madonna and Cher onstage? they would definitely qualify as singers/dancers.

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#28re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:34am

Why does no one realize that you need to sing AND act to even be considered a decent Broadwat actor/actress.

Yet you continue to suggest people for their vocal ability without even considering whether or not they can act.

Groban is one of the most rigid peformers. He shows no emotion at all, I HIGHLY doubt he'd be a good actor.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#29re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:47am

"The thought of Mandy Moore in anything makes me cringe. She does NOT have the voice for Broadway".
I am not Mandy Moore's biggest fan. But how many Broadway "Stars" are not very good singers? I'd rather listen to Mandy than to Chita Rivera or Carol Channing any time!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

#30re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 11:54am

I'd rather listen to Mandy than to Chita Rivera or Carol Channing any time!

Oh dear Lord. This is just further proof of how HORRENDOUS your taste it. Chita Rivera and Carol Channing are theatre LEGENDS! These women have more talent in their little finger than Mandy Moore will ever dream to have and they will be remembered for far longer than Mandy Moore will. You think Mandy Moore will ever be offered a solo show on Broadway? No. Because she doesn't have the talent.

Seriously. Wow. I'm going to go say a rosary and pray that the majority of people don't share your taste.

muscle23ftl
#31re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 12:04pm

Mandy Moore is a singer. The other ones aren't. No need to say anything else. Just because they are legends, it doesn't mean they can sing. And they don't even claim to be singers.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#32re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 12:07pm

Sorry, I'm gonna go with FYG.

Chita and Carol are singers. Maybe not the ones you're used to, but I'd listen to one of their CDs over Mandy's any day of the week.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 2/17/06 at 12:07 PM

muscle23ftl
#33re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 12:07pm

Anyways...as i said before i am going to ignore all the comments from now on FYG. You come across as someone just looking for a fight. I have been there, done that...and it got old. And you are a loser. I am not gonna go on with a childish Broadway Board arguement.

Updated On: 2/17/06 at 12:07 PM

#34re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 12:09pm

And you are a loser.

Coming from you, that means...

...absolutely nothing.

Good day to you.

#35re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 12:14pm

I think most who suggested Groban (myself included) included a caveat that he would have to work on his acting.

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#36re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 12:23pm

Mandy Moore has such a whispy, not-particularly-strong voice. There's a video somewhere around (YouTube, maybe) of her singing "Suddenly Seymour" with Adam Pascal, and I wasn't impressed.

Edit: Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4cmF2KXOUQ&search=adam%20pascal
Updated On: 2/17/06 at 12:23 PM

Josh Freilich
#37re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 2:35pm

Of course, Debbie Gibson is flawless when it comes to her acting/singing/dancing abilities. In fact, when she was still in her tweens, she was in a London production of Grease (she played Sandy). But you're probably thinking of What Music Stars Should Be On Broadway Who Haven't Already, so I could see a lot more from Josh Groban. Of course we know Stephen Lynch is coming to Broadway, and we know him TOO well. If I can think of one person who should be on Broadway who hasn't... I pick JACK BLACK!!!!

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#38re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 3:44pm

Deborah Cox is a singer who granted isn't a chart-topping performer, but one who had her shot on Broadway and she brought down the house in Aida each night. Most singers should stay away from Broadway yes, but there are a few who are quite good. I could see Josh Groban in something like LITP with some acting work; he is an Interlochen graduate and I believe did the musicals there, too.

Cheers,

C.

www.christopherviolett.com

downtowndiva84
#39re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 5:09pm

FOAnatic I'm a performer as well and have taken loads of classes and while I'm grateful for the training, I think the most valuable stuff that I've learned came from the other actors I've worked with in various shows.

Is training valuable? Sure. Is it also possible to learn by doing? Yes. Is it possible to learn to sing by doing? Frankly, no.

I was in a production with an actor who was cast completely on his ability to act even though he couldn't sing a note and it was PAINFUL.

Coin operated boy All the other real ones that I destroy Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll Never let him go and I'll never be alone Not with my coin-operated boy

LaVieHilary Profile Photo
LaVieHilary
#40re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 5:13pm

I think that Christina Millian could do it.

I mean she was in Be Cool as an aspiring singer/songwriter so i think she could maybe pull it off. Except I think she has more of a recording voice then a live voice.

-------------------------
Light in the Piazza with Megan and Emi
"Girl you got money runnin' in yo bloodline."-Carl the Bartender

downtowndiva84
#41re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 5:18pm

sweetestsiren, I agree with you on Mandy. I think she's actually a pretty decent actress and really enjoyed her performance in "Saved", but her singing in "Suddenly, Seymour" made me throw things at the t.v. and wonder why she's getting the opportunity to sing with Adam Pascal.

Coin operated boy All the other real ones that I destroy Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll Never let him go and I'll never be alone Not with my coin-operated boy

cathyhyatt
#42re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 5:27pm

Mandy Moore has a great voice. But stylistically it's not right for Broadway.

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

muscle23ftl
#43re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 5:44pm

Mandy was awful singing "Suddenly Seymour" but she did a really good job with the "A Walk to Remember" soundtrack...anyhow...she is not the best singer. But she can sing. That is everything im saying. No one can say she doesn't have "a Broadway voice" because many of the stars on Broadway right now, don't have a voice at all!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#44re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 7:40pm

No one can say she doesn't have "a Broadway voice" because many of the stars on Broadway right now, don't have a voice at all!

Great, so that gives us an excuse to keep lowering the standards?!
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

FoscasBohemianDream
#45re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 8:05pm

I'm sorry but how could anyone dare to compare Ms.Chita Rivera and Ms.Carol Channing to Mandy Moore? Not to dismiss Mandy Moore, I mean, she is a young singer/actress, I wouldn't mind seeing her in a role for a young singer/actress, but sweetie, Carol Channing created the role of Dolly Levi, and Chita Rivera originated Velma Kelly, Rosie, Aurora/Spider Woman, I mean, are you out of your mind comparing women of this caliber to a young performer like Mandy Moore? I don't know how old you are, I'm 25 years old, and I believe I have the maturity to say that the amount of emotion and the comic timing in Carol Channing's songs, and the great acting Chita adds to anything she sings, could never compare to what a pop star attempts to do with a song. I don't know if you say that because you belong to the Rent/Wicked generation, or maybe you are not exactly a theater person.

#46re: What Music Stars Should Be on Broadway???
Posted: 2/17/06 at 8:07pm

Thank you, Foscas.

Videos