pixeltracker

I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...- Page 2

I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...

OasisBroadway
#25re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/22/06 at 2:05pm

Great news! I was planning on attending anyway, but this just makes me more excited.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#26re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/22/06 at 6:28pm

MEF, I did see the 99' version and although Vicky is a good role and technically the "lead", Clara is a better suited role for Orfeh (IMO). That whole "hard ass boss" thing sounds like a perfect fit for her. Vicky is alittle too sweet and naiev, if you will.

FosterChild Profile Photo
FosterChild
#27re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/22/06 at 7:26pm

Oh my god. I love this casting. Book my Amtrak!

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#28re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/23/06 at 9:14am

I highly recommend the concept album, got it yesterday and there's hardly a weak track and "I Hate The French" is laugh out loud clever. If it does come in, I hope they make another recording with this cast. I'd love to hear the new voices on the songs.

beav
#29re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/23/06 at 11:17pm

Adjustments were made to Dylan's age (the son of Jamie's co-worker) to make it appropriate to how old Orfeh looks. I'm assuming Orfeh will double as the co-worker because on the recording, it's definitely two different people singing Clara's songs and "My Son," but they could've changed it so that it's Clara's son, and it's the same character.

Am I the only here who's read the book? I'm excited for this production.

beav
#30re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/23/06 at 11:17pm

Adjustments were made to Dylan's age (the son of Jamie's co-worker) to make it appropriate to how old Orfeh looks. I'm assuming Orfeh will double as the co-worker because on the recording, it's definitely two different people singing Clara's songs and "My Son," but they could've changed it so that it's Clara's son, and it's the same character.

Am I the only here who's read the book? I'm excited for this production.

TheEnchantedHunter
#32re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:08pm

Bad enough when it was sprung on an unsuspecting New York audience, but now has Stafford Arrima attached? Oy, oy oy!

Ensign Lisa Minnelli
French Polynesia
Updated On: 9/5/06 at 10:08 PM

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#33re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:26pm

So you posted just to tear apart a show that's had a NYTheater workshop run with people like Patrick wilson, a concept album with all Broadway "stars" and now a Prince Theater run with all new theater stars and a director who's thus far got the only off Broadway hit to speak of. Interesting. I think the music is great and can't complain about the current or past cast members at all. Haven't seen Arrima's work first hand, but he seems to be a darling for the moment, so how bad could it be?

And according to Orfeh's webmaster, they have indeed changed Clara's sons' age to seven, down from "13" to make it more appropriate to her looks. And lest anyone start the grand old age debate, we're talking looks, not numbers. I don't need to talk about how many 30+ year olds have been in "high school" lately, do I?

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#34re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:49pm

Not only did the show have Patrick Wilson, but it had Jesse L. Martin, Gavin Creel, Sherie Rene Scott, Christine Ebersole, Eden Espinosa, and Celia Keenan-Bolger. The cast was PHENOMENAL. And this cast is so amazing, and I absolutely adore the concept album. I think the music is really great, and original.

I've already got my tickets!

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#35re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:04pm

Actually, the NY Theater workshop cast was completely different from the concept album cast. The only person to do both was Wilson.

TheEnchantedHunter
#36re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:05pm

"So you posted just to tear apart a show that's had a NYTheater workshop run with people like Patrick wilson, a concept album with all Broadway "stars" and now a Prince Theater run with all new theater stars and a director who's thus far got the only off Broadway hit to speak of. Interesting. I think the music is great and can't complain about the current or past cast members at all."

None of that changes the fact that the show is dreadful.

"Haven't seen Arrima's work first hand, but he seems to be a darling for the moment, so how bad could it be?"

Guess you didn't see the darling's productions of RAGTIME and ABYSINIA.

Jerusha Bromley
Walpole, Massachusetts

Updated On: 9/5/06 at 11:05 PM

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#37re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:09pm

Have you seen Altar Boyz? Seems you've got a little bone to pick with both the show and Arrima, but hey, to each his own.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#38re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:12pm

Nothing I find more bizarre than when people feel the need to quote entire posts just inches above. I did not see either show you mentioned but I disagree with your feelings about the workshop version and am very hopeful about the latest incarnation. I've seen far crappier material on Broadway, time and again.

starletta8
#39re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:18pm

I broke down and bought tickets today. I'm not really thrilled about driving to Philly, but I have a feeling that this show is going to be worth it.

TheEnchantedHunter
#40re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/5/06 at 12:08am

"Have you seen Altar Boyz?"

Yes, and Christopher Gatelli's work is delightful.

Vivian Darkbloom
Ramsdale, New England

snowie862 Profile Photo
snowie862
#41re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/5/06 at 1:18am

TheEnchantedHunter, STFU. Updated On: 6/10/06 at 01:18 AM

sundaymorning6am
#42re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/6/06 at 10:04am

I'm going on the 16th! See you there!

samantha2 Profile Photo
samantha2
#43re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/10/06 at 4:31am

I would love to see this show, but not possible when I live so far away. It is really hard to think of anyone singing the role of "Jamie" other than Patrick Wilson. I adore the concept album. It's my absolute favorite. Patrick Wilson sings with such power and emotion and his voice is totally mezmerizing!

snowie862 Profile Photo
snowie862
#44re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/10/06 at 9:44am

There are little changes. nothing huge really.

They are not making a recording of this cast. *At least I haven't heard anything about it*

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#45re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/10/06 at 5:04pm

I actually think Kushner will sound alot more "authentic" singing the songs. Patrick Wilson is very musical theater sounding and it's not really the best possible style for the songs. From what i'm told (off-line), this cast is far more ideal than any previous ones, album or live.

snowie862 Profile Photo
snowie862
#46re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 6/10/06 at 5:20pm

Updated On: 6/10/06 at 05:20 PM

Videos