pixeltracker

Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)- Page 2

Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#25re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 10:30am

I love the movie. But I wont mind a Cabaret film which is more like the original show. And I think Renee cud do the role.... but I don't she's right. And CZJ can defo do the role, but she's too strong to be the not-so-talented Sally Bowles

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#26re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 11:57am

Never gonna happen. I remember when they were tossing this idea around with Nicole Kidman as Sally. And GUYS AND DOLLS and DAMN YANKEES and...

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

fiyero8132
#27re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 12:03pm

Mother of God! Leave these classic musicals where they belong: on the stage! And Renee Zelwegger? Oh please, who is she kidding? Kudos to those sound editors for making her come off half decent in Chicago.

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#28re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 1:35pm

As usual, siamese dream said exactly what I was thinking as I was reading this threadL While there are justifiable reservations about Renee as a singer/dancer (although I agree that she'd be fine, particularly given that Sally shouldn't be a spectacular performer), I don't see why there were so many initially voiced about her being able to act the part. She's an Oscar-winning, multiple Oscar-nominated screen actress who has (in my opinion) played parts that were more complex than Sally Bowles. You might not think that she's right for the part, but she definitely has the acting chops.

Anyway, as a personal opinion I think, if this were to happen, that she'd be very good. I don't hate the idea of Adrien Brody as Emcee, either. I doubt that it will ever happen, though.

greeneyed_one Profile Photo
greeneyed_one
#29re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 1:43pm

It seems like audiences might find it too similar to Chicago. They are obviously very different stories but they both have "jazzy" numbers set in clubs...

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#30re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 1:47pm

I've seen stage versions of Cabaret where the actress who played Sally was an aMAHzing performer and it worked out great.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#31re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 2:18pm

I actually wouldn't mind a new film version of Cabaret. I understand what Fosse did with the version we have, but I'm not that much of a fan of it, honestly, mostly because it's SO different from the stage version that it's practically a different entity. Remaking the MOVIE would be a mistake; making the SHOW into a movie is an idea I can get behind.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.
Updated On: 7/15/06 at 02:18 PM

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#32re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 2:34pm

Why must Nicole Kidman and Renée Zellweger be considered for every movie musical?

But I actually think Renée would make a decent Sally. It's that she was supposed to play Janis Joplin in a bio-pic that is ridiculous to me.

Kringas
#33re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 5:24pm

He actually (in the original) comes out at the end and puts on a star of david. So, no...

No, he doesn't. He was played by a Jewish person in the orignal, though.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#34re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 7:02pm

This rumour actually started with Nicole Kidman! It was rumoured she would do a new film version of CABARET right after the Roundabout production opened to raves. There has been very vague talk about a remake for close to a decade now, and I think it remains just that: vague talk.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a second film version, because as many have pointed out, Bob Fosse's brilliant film isn't really the musical CABARET; it's a blend of the musical and Isherwood's stories.

Zelwegger would probably be fine as Sally; but if they are going for a name, I'd rather see somebody like Scarlett Johanson, or (don't gag) even Lindsay Lohan, who's self destructive streak is right in line with the character's.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#35re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 8:26pm

I don't think Lindsay Lohan is old enough, or looks old enough to play Sally. It would be like a high school production. The person playing Sally must have bruises and must have a past. Besides being on dope since she was 13, what else could make sense if the person were that young?

I think Rene would make a fantastic Sally - though I would personally like to see Laura Linney in the role.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

ObliviuSMaddiEPonine
#36re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 8:31pm

I'd like to see Susan Egan play Sally in the movie! Anyone heard the recording of "Cabaret" on her album? It's awesome

I put a monkey on a pedestal...

TheEnchantedHunter
#37re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 8:35pm

Oh, Hollywood....

Updated On: 8/7/13 at 08:35 PM

munkustrap178
#38re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 8:36pm

EnchantedHunter, I love you.

How is Ensign Liza Minnelli?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

ObliviuSMaddiEPonine
#39re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 8:37pm

Snobby, yet satisfying...=D

munkustrap178
#40re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 8:39pm

While Egan is a very vocally satisfying Sally, I never bought her as Sally. She never delved into the character as the previous Sally's had. She's a Millie, not a Sally.

ObliviuSMaddiEPonine
#41re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/15/06 at 9:26pm

Ahh, see this is something I wouldn't know, because I never made it to the tour of Cabaret while Susan was in it. Which is why I said that, actually, because I wanted to see her do Sally. You really thought that? That sucks... but good to know

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#42re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:22am

"However, it wouldn't make sense for Adrien Brody to play the Emcee, considering that the Emcee is supposed to be antisemitic."

I don't understand this statement. Joel Grey is Jewish, or at least half.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#43re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:47am

I don't get that statement either, Elphie.

I think Renee would make a competent Sally. She definetely has the acting chops to pull it off. Does anyone think they would consider Molly Ringwald for the part? I never heard her do it, and haven't read many reviews. Was she any good?

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#44re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/16/06 at 1:02am

Renee would be okay, but I'd rather see Toni Collette do it (if it has to be done).

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#45re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/16/06 at 1:06am

Sally really is supposed to be in her very early 20s if you are to go by the Isherwood book and the original production of CABARET. Natasha Richardson, absolutely brilliant in the revival was obviously quite a bit older, and that opened the doors for a lot of actresses who age wise would never have been considered for the project otherwise.

As for Lohan. She may be 20 but she looks about 40 and has that coked up/partied out look down pat. I think she'd be inspired!

re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)

C is for Company
#46re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/16/06 at 1:13am

She looks like what Brooke Sunny Moriber might look like if she was cracked out for a year.

TheEnchantedHunter
#47re: Well this is one I haven't heard...(Cabaret Movie Remake)
Posted: 7/21/06 at 7:55pm

"How is Ensign Liza Minnelli?"

Actually, according to the SOUTH PACIFIC Dramatis Personae, it's Ensign LISA Minnelli. And yes, thanks to Josh Logan, it was in honor of you-know-who?

Ensign Lisa Minnelli
French Polynesia

Videos