pixeltracker

Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday- Page 2

Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday

Mattbrain
#25re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/18/06 at 2:13pm

About friggin' time. What, did that show think its business was gonna improve. I was afraid it was gonna stay on Broadway for another decade thinking business would pick up. It overstayed its welcome. Even Lennon and In My Life took the hint and packed up.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#26re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/18/06 at 4:13pm

I miss Candida!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#27re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/18/06 at 4:15pm

one word to say to this: FINALLY

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#28re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/18/06 at 4:16pm

I'm not surprised. It was only a matter of time, with the awful numbers they were pulling in. Best of luck to the cast and crew.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#29re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/18/06 at 5:08pm

finally.

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#30re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 1:34am

i STILL wish i would have had the chance to see the show. i feel bad for the dancers and the young girl, hopefully they will be employed somewhere else quickly.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#31re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 1:40am

about time.

terrible shows that manage to survive on 35% capacity for weeks are like, the ultimate cockroaches.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#32re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 1:45am

the "young girl" missed most of the shows and her mom and dad are rich
I hope she does better

U mean Vivian right?

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#33re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 5:59am

while i'm never happy to see friends out of work, i'm glad to see the show is packing up. in my opinion, that show did not belong ANYWHERE near broadway.

the dancers will work again. everyone had to know it was coming...i mean, unless you're completely delusional, it's pretty obvious your show is doing poorly when your audiences are at 30% for weeks on end.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#34re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 6:31am

When is the OBCR being released?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 7/19/06 at 06:31 AM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#35re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 7:53am

When Pigs Fly...

Yankeefan007
#36re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 8:04am

The whole show was done for brand strategy. That's why it stayed open so long.

bwayondabrain
#37re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 8:50am

i might try and see it this saturday night when im in the city
...or should i try WEDDING SINGER?

*ponders*

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#38re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 9:10am

I wonder if Debbie Allen will be at the final performance!

NYGUY
#39re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 10:40am

Yup, it's closing. So now all you out of work actors can find something else to bitch about. I can understand not liking a show. Hot Feet had obvious flaws, but the anger and sentiment. And the angriest ones have to be from people who have never had a gig in theater. They just know everything.
Good luck to the cast and crew.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#40re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 10:41am

And the angriest ones have to be from people who have never had a gig in theater.

Wrong.

They just know everything.

Right about that.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Jimmcf Profile Photo
Jimmcf
#41re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 11:37am

I saw it last night (free tickets). I enjoyed the first act more than I thought I would...but the second act just collapsed the whole show.

Maybe having low expectations was a good thing going in (plus drinks at Barrage pre-show helped too).

The audience seemed to love it. I did not like the music being sung off-stage for most of the time...the only ones who sang where the parents.

And that story - jeez! Take '42nd Street' 'Imitation of Life' and 'The Red Shoes' - put them in a blender...sprinkle with some catalog songs and volia - a show!!!

My mother always used to say, "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana." - Rose Nyland

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#42re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 12:57pm

Jimmcf, you forgot to add Damn Yankees and Stayin' Alive to that blender.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#43re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 2:16pm

if that was for brand strategy, i can only liken that to putting a k-mart on 5th avenue.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

BSoBW2
#44re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 2:28pm

Nothing like seeing Wedding Singer on a Saturday night in the city...yeah, I know that was bad.

Where HAVE all the K-Marts gone anyway?

Danceinique82
#45re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/19/06 at 11:59pm

Funny how if you put the words.. "But I have friends in something.." it makes something seem less shady. NOT.
Updated On: 7/20/06 at 11:59 PM

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#46re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/20/06 at 8:33am

hardly shady at all....merely a comment on a bad show. doesn't matter if i have friends in it or not. i was happy my friends had work, but i'm not going to like a bad show just because of the fact my friends are in it.

besides....my friends are wonderfully talented people doing the best they can with the material they were given. i respect that!

kooky
#47re: Hot Feet is (As Expected) Closing Sunday
Posted: 7/20/06 at 9:16am

Good luck to everyone involved in this show, musicians - -singers - - dancers - -
crew. I enjoyed it, they all at least had a chance to practice their craft and work
for a few months.

There's a broken heart for every light on Broadway !

Videos