pixeltracker

Will Anyone Be Able to Replace Sara Ramirez?- Page 2

Will Anyone Be Able to Replace Sara Ramirez?

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#25will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 4:08pm

There are so many Orfeh mentions that I feel terribly redundant saying it yet again but i'll also go so far as to say, she could more than make you forget the "legacy" of Ramirez. It's a perfect and inspired fit.

Parks
#26will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 4:22pm

Simone is known for having amazing vocals--I don't know how her comedic timing skills are, but I'm sure she won't disappoint. I'm glad more people seem to be liking Lauren Kennedy.

Pia Glenn, from what I've seen, doesn't appear to be absolultely horrible, but being compared to Sara...well, she can't compare. Not every actress is Sara Ramirez though.

I hope I get the chance to see Lauren in the show...anyone know how much longer she is contracted to be in for?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Yankeefan007
#27will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 4:24pm

I saw Sara twice in the role and Lauren once. Sara by far is the stronger singer, but Lauren certainly knows how to steal all of the scenes she's in.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#28will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 4:29pm

This role requires an actress that has extreme personality. She needs to be larger than life, and she needs to chew up and spit out every inch of scenery on that stage.

I saw Sara Ramirez several times in the role - and she was the show's saving grace for me. Absolutely brilliant. She's as irreplacable as Jan Maxwell was in CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG, and as Beth Leavel is in THE DROWSY CHAPERONE.

Absences or not - she was absolutely marvelous in the role.

Upon seeing Lauren Kennedy, I was honestly embarrased for her. She tries too hard to be funny, and isn't funny for a split second. She has the comic timing of a peanut shell, and the vocal chops of Sherry Lewis. She has a gorgeous voice - but it's not write. It would be like Sarah Brightman playing Eva Peron. Not a chance.

Orfeh is the closest obvious choice I can think of - but whoever it is, needs to get in there fast. Kennedy is abominable.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#29will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 4:38pm

If I had a nickle, blah, blah. Really, I've said this a thousand times. Orfeh needs to get in there asap!

#30will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 4:43pm

Jennifer Holiday

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#31will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 4:45pm

They should make Alice and Emily Lady of Lake together!!!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#32will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 5:19pm

Actually, in the early stages of the show, the part as we know it now was divided into two roles: The Lady of the Lake and The Princess of the Pond. Perhaps they can bring that idea back for Alice and Emily? :P

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#33will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 5:22pm

Simone's vocals would be off the walls if she did this show. I'd pay just to hear her Find Your Grail. Perhaps she would impersonate her mother a bit?

I have no idea if she's got the comedic chops though. As much as I loved her voice in Aida, she was really a pretty terrible actress. And, all her roles have been fairly dramatic- JCS, Rent, and Aida. It would be interesting to see.

When is Kennedy leaving?

Salad_Fingers85 Profile Photo
Salad_Fingers85
#34will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 5:33pm

munkustrap178 said it perfectely, he is exactely right. Lauren Kennedy really should be replace and fast. Pia Glenn wasn't bad but she wasn't good either. Does anyone know when Sara is coming back to broadway? (if this is in her plan)

Updated On: 7/24/06 at 05:33 PM

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#35will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 6:13pm

I'll be seeing Pia tommorrow night and report on what I thought of her...but yes...I agree with the many who think Orfeh is an obvious choice for this role. She could easily pull of the comedy, personality and vocal chops that the role demands.

Akiva

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#36will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 6:15pm

Orfeh may just assume the part. At the same time as people were saying Simone was doing it, others hinted that Orfeh was going in to audition, so the announcement of Kennedy's replacement should be an interesting one...

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#37will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 6:18pm

Orfeh as the Lady is inspired casting. She needs to do it.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#38will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 7:08pm

Lauren Kennedy is getting an unfair rap in this part.

LouieLovesTheater Profile Photo
LouieLovesTheater
#39will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/26/06 at 12:04am

No one knows about Simone's comic timing because she's never really done comedy. Now, I'm not saying that she'll be great or that I know about her talent at comedy but, vocals wise, you have to admit she would rock the Shubert. I never heard/saw her give the same performance (vocally at least) antime I've experienced her.

If she isn't Lady of the Lake now...she should be soon.

And, of COURSE, Orfeh should play Lady of the Lake. Great singer, solid actress, excellent at comedy.

JerseyScoundrel
#40will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/26/06 at 9:24pm

Katherine McPhee would be so funny as The lady in the lake! She saw the show a while ago, so I am sure she would want to do it.

"This is a stupid story. It never stops. But we keep making lemonade! We're opening the biggest f***ing lemonade stand you ever saw!" -Walter Bobbie after a long day of Sweet Charity Rehersals (Newyorkmetro.com)

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#41will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/26/06 at 9:47pm

Rachael York could do it....but i want her to replace Sutton as Janet Van De Graff.

wickedfanatic34 Profile Photo
wickedfanatic34
#42will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 11:28am

you know i don't like how everyone is bashing lauren kennedy shes really great in the part, sure if your comparing her to sara she can't match up because hello they are 2 completely different people who have totally different takes on how the role is to be played. Personally i found lauren to be hillarious.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#43will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 11:37am

I don't think people are objecting to a different take on the role. I think they are objecting to the fact that she's not getting nearly as many laughs as Ramirez did.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#44will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 11:42am

Actually upon reading other messages i think Emily Skinner would be awesome in the role.... I mean stature wise she is very similar to Sara Ramirez and vocally she is like 10 notches better then Lauren.

I want Ems!

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#45will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:36pm

While I love, love, Emily Skinner, I don't get the whole idea that The Lady needs to be a "big" girl. I think people have that image bc of Sara R's size. I know it's been said before but wouldn't it be a whole lot funnier if all that vocal histrionics and diva 'tude was coming out of someone the size of Orfeh? I know, I know, i harp on this alot and I get alot of pm's about it, but it's honestly because, I'm simply sick and tired of Orfeh not being in shows/roles she more than deserves to be in. I don't even pretend to know the why's and why not's but this one is practically screaming for her to play it.

Parks
#46will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:39pm

Wasn't Simone announced a couple weeks ago as the next Lady of the Lake?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#47will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:41pm

ruprecht, I know it is Cliche having a "big girl" in Diva roles but remember the slings and arrows Bernadette had to take when they announced she was to be Broadways newest Momma Rose.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#48will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:42pm

No Parks, unless she was announcing herself. They haven't even been out here (L.A), to audition yet. There's a long way to go before someone is announced. Also bear in mind, Kennedy's contract is not quite up yet so there's no rush.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#49will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:45pm

Bwaybaby, you're absolutely right and I know it's the old cliche' but Orfeh's just a big Diva trapped in the body of a little one. :)

Videos