pixeltracker

Will Anyone Be Able to Replace Sara Ramirez?

Will Anyone Be Able to Replace Sara Ramirez?

Salad_Fingers85 Profile Photo
Salad_Fingers85
#0Will Anyone Be Able to Replace Sara Ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 2:41pm

After seeing the original show and falling in love with Sara Ramirez, it was hard for me to see the tour when I was in Chicago. When I went I was thoroughly disappointed with the Pia Glenn's portrayal of the Lady of the Lake. Then while in New York, I saw Lauren Kennedy. She was better than Glenn, but still a disappointment. So my question is, since I am sure Spamalot won't be closing in a while, will anyone be able to play the Lady of the Lake as good or better than Sara Ramirez? (stupid question but I was wondering)

Gothampc
#1re: Will Anyone Be Able to Replace Sara Ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 2:44pm

When the box office begins to decline, they will begin stunt casting. I'm waiting to see who they will stunt cast in that part.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Zeitoujo
#2re: Will Anyone Be Able to Replace Sara Ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 2:47pm

Lauren Kennedy was okay. I wasn't impressed- she was a disapointment

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Salad_Fingers85
#3re: Will Anyone Be Able to Replace Sara Ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 2:48pm

She just couldn't do the part as well as Sara Ramirez, because like she was AMAZING!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#4re: Will Anyone Be Able to Replace Sara Ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 2:51pm

I loved Rosena Hill in the part.
Her voice and comedy were Top Notch.
Updated On: 7/24/06 at 02:51 PM

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#5re: Will Anyone Be Able to Replace Sara Ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 2:54pm

Yea Rosena was in Marie Christine as well. She has a tremendous range and a wonderful voice.

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#6will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 2:57pm

omg, no way! they should totally recognize that fact and just close the show already.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

jimnysf
#7will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:01pm

She was not the star of the show and remember that just about anyone can be replaced except for Hugh Jackman in "The Boy From Oz" or Antonio Banderas in "Nine".

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:02pm

When we saw it, her understudy was fine. She is not the whole show - no actor is unless it is a solo show. Failing the latter, it is a collaborative effort

Poster Emeritus

jimnysf
#9will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:07pm

She did seem to miss a lot of shows....

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

eatlasagna
#10will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:13pm

a part of me would like to see how Lea Salonga could handle this role..... i just love her

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#11will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:16pm

I thought Lauren Kennedy was flawless. I disliked the show, but her vocals were just perfect.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

MargoChanning
#12will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:20pm

I wouldn't know -- she was out when I went to the show. And none of my friends would know either since they individually went on a half dozen different occasions over the course of months and none of them ever saw her. I find it hard to call anyone irreplaceable who never seemed to be there in the first place.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Salad_Fingers85
#13will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:22pm

Lauren Kennedy had good vocals, but I personally found her comedic timing lacking, and she could sing but couldn't add in the comedy like Sara could. Just my oppinion though.

SarahBeth Profile Photo
SarahBeth
#14will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:24pm

I saw Lauren Kennedy and absolutely adored her. The tour opens here on halloween so i'll pass judgement on Pia Glenn then.

"I'll show you a laughgasm. I'll gasm all over this stage!"
"Interesting choice"

iluvtheatertrash
#15will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:24pm

I could be wrong, but haven't they already started stunt casting? Isn't Lauren's replacement some R&B star whose name has escaped me?

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

WheelsofaDream Profile Photo
WheelsofaDream
#16will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:28pm

I remember a while back on another thread people wanted Orfeh to become the Lady of the Lake. I think this is an excellent and inspired choice. She'd be perfect for it.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#17will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:30pm

Yes she would

Poster Emeritus

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#18will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:31pm

They've already announced Lauren's replacement?

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#19will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:31pm

Say what you will, but Shoshana Bean would be great.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#20will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:33pm

Someone posted here awhile back that Simone was telling people she had been cast to play the role on Broadway. There has been no confirmation of that.

I think this role will be one that will always live in the shadow of it's originator. No matter who plays it or how they do, they will always be compared to Ramirez.

I saw Kennedy and found her very different from Sara but spectacular in her own right.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Salad_Fingers85
#21will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:48pm

SaraBeth- Pia Glenn played the part very ghetto, I think is the only word I could use to describe it. She had the same tone to all of her jokes, if that makes sense. It does in my mind. She wasn't bad, just that I had seen Sara Ramirez and she is nothing compared to Sara Ramirez.

SarahBeth Profile Photo
SarahBeth
#22will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:52pm

No one will ever compare to Sara, it's true.

"I'll show you a laughgasm. I'll gasm all over this stage!"
"Interesting choice"

Marguerite Chauvelin
#23will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 3:59pm

Does anyone else think Katherine McPhee could do the part? That girl can do some crazy vocals.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

Salad_Fingers85
#24will anyone be able to replace sara ramirez?
Posted: 7/24/06 at 4:03pm

She does have great vocals, and for sure looks the part, but again the person who plays the lady of the lake, needs to have excelent comedic timing otherwise it just doesn't work at all.

Videos