pixeltracker

What's next for the SWEENEY cast?- Page 2

What's next for the SWEENEY cast?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/26/06 at 11:34pm

I think Lauren could definitely play one (or more) of the female parts in Company, though she is a bit young.

I think Mano wants to do more straight plays? Also, I really, really really don't think he'd stand-by for Bobby and voluntarily put himself in Raul's shadow like that, given the fact that people compare them more often than he seems to find comfortable and that would breed more discomfort -- it's asking to be compared. That didn't come off sounding how I meant it, because it's not meant to put Mano down at all, but... I don't get the impression he would want to do that, for a lot of reasons.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#26re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/26/06 at 11:44pm

Hey, work is work. I think, honestly, Felciano is a little more idolized in the bww commmunity than he is in real life. I'm not sure, despite the PIRATE QUEEN rumour, that he is fighting off offers left and right.

He has given a really solid performance in a supporting role in a well received musical revival that he probably wouldn't have been cast in without his musical skills. That's the truth, and in no way a slam to him.

He might be very happy being Raul's standby in COMPANY. Work is work. And a brilliant show and a brilliant role...
Updated On: 7/26/06 at 11:44 PM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#27re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/26/06 at 11:45pm

Lupone recently said publicly that she would like to play Mama Rose in a revival of "Gypsy" in the West End. There are rumors that she accepted the role at the Ravinia Festival to encourage that dream coming to fruition, so don't be suprised if it does.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

luvtheEmcee
#28re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:01am

MB, I do agree, but I also have to wonder where you draw the line in terms of personal boundaries when looking at a statement like "work is work." If he were desperate, perhaps he'd do it. It's a great role and a wonderful show -- and it's got Doyle. However, delving into more detail would mean posting publicly the content of a conversation, which I don't feel comfortable doing. PM me if you feel all that compelled to know.

The other thing, that aside, is that he HARDLY looks thirty-five, and therefore, IMO too young to play Bobby -- regardless of his real age.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#29re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:06am

I don't think he looks that young...maybe not 35 but still not that young...how old is he?

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#30re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:16am

Personally, I would LOVE to see Manoel in more straight plays, and perhaps something classical, if given the opportunity.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

luvtheEmcee
#31re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:23am

He's in his thirties, but I don't think he looks it. Bobby is supposed to be thirty-five.

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#32re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:23am

I agree, Em.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#33re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:34am

Felciano could definitely play 35...

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#34re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:35am

I'd don't think Mano can handle Bobby. *shrugs*

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#35re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:42am

I'm hoping SOME of them go on to the National Tour which begins in San Francisco 2007, according to Lauren Molina at the Stage Door tonight.

TheAudrey3 Profile Photo
TheAudrey3
#36re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:45am

Eug, is it going to be a Doyle mounting with instruments or do we not know?

"It does what a musical's supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue."

luvtheEmcee
#37re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:47am

Why wouldn't it be?

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#38re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:48am

I think that he's quite a good actor, but whether or not he looks his age physically, I don't really get a cynical, worldly-wise vibe from Manoel, which seems fairly essential for Bobby in Doyle's production. To me, he plays younger. I'm not saying that he couldn't do it, just that I'd be surprised if he worked quite as well in that role.

And I agree that Lauren could do really well as Amy, although she's young for the part. Updated On: 7/27/06 at 12:48 AM

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#39re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:49am

Well, that'd make the most sense, seeing as National Tours are usually recreations of the Broadway shows on the road.

Speaking of Doyle, I met him tonight as well at the Stage Door... he slipped out and I was the only one in the crowd to know EXACTLY who he was, and chatted with him, while everyone else was like: "Who's that?"

Autographed the center of the Playbill. Made my night. That, and meeting/chatting with everyone including Patti LuPone, who was exceptionally cordial and friendly with everyone, seeing as tonight was her last performance until mid-August (going to Ravinia)

TheAudrey3 Profile Photo
TheAudrey3
#40re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:49am

Just a curiosity question, if they don't pull actors/standbys from the broadway production, it'd be interesting to see new people who could do the instrumentals, and if it isn't Doyle-esque, I'd be curious as to who would do it.

"It does what a musical's supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue."

luvtheEmcee
#41re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:51am

The problem with touring this production is that if they don't take the majority of the Broadway cast with them, it's going to be a bitch to re-cast if they don't want to change the orchestrations. If they're more open when re-casting, the orchestrations may need to be redone almost entirely.

And as already posted, yes, it would be a tour of Doyle's production. That was a rhetorical question meant to provide your answer.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#42re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 12:51am

I don't know if anyone will go with me on this but I think Marc Kudisch would be an amazing Sweeney! Not that he would ever tour but if we're thinking of non instrumentalists

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#43re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 1:05am

Marc Kudish has expressed interest in playing Sweeney, and I think he would be very good, although he is a bit too good-looking for it.

BTW, Mano Felciano does have an MFA in acting from Tisch, so I'm assuming he can do straight plays well too, even though he is primarily known as a musical theater actor.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#44re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 1:09am

If Kudisch is too good-looking for Sweeney, then who the hell cast Michael? :P

luvtheEmcee
#45re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 1:09am

He HAS done straight plays.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#46re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 1:10am

ahhh but his voice singing that score!! just the thought...I sorta thought that about Michael Cerveris (the too good looking thing) but look at how awesome how he turned out. I just can sorta see him in this production with the whole modern dress style...just my two cents

Updated On: 7/27/06 at 01:10 AM

C is for Company
#47re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 1:18am

Oh wow, Kudisch never crossed my mind as someone in the role. Just thinking of his vocals though doing the part gives me major creeps. He could knock it out of the park and this guy needs some more credible work soon.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#48re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 1:21am

He scares that crap out of me too...he's just plays angry so well you know? I don't know if it'll happen anytime soon but I'll be first in line if it does

Updated On: 7/27/06 at 01:21 AM

Chrysanthemum62001
#49re: What's next for the SWEENEY cast?
Posted: 7/27/06 at 5:01pm

Ha ha! Marc scares the crap out of me too! But I love him. God, if Sweeney toured I would pack up and follow them around. Especially if Marc toured along with them.

I don't know anything about 110, but I would LOVE to se Michael and Audra in a Broadway run together. Especially at the Roundabout.

And as for Mano understudying Raul, it would be cool but I don't' think he'd do it.

I don't like the idea of Lauren being in Company AT ALL. Buuut I'm in love with Heather Laws all the way back from the Cabaret days.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Videos