pixeltracker

Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???- Page 2

Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#25re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 3:03pm

Going the opposite route:

I had expected to love Les Miz because everyone in theater that I knew and worked with swore that it was gold. I thought it was merely alright. Not my cup of tea at all.

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#26re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 5:24pm

My fiance and I went to New York last New Year's and payed top dollar for good seats to The WOman in White, Avenue Q, Sweeney Todd, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: All musicals we were excited about seeing. since we had a free evening, we got really REALLY cheap tickets to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. we were in the back row, and weren't expecting much. It turned out to be the funnest time we had in the theatre! The show was spectacular, we LOVED it, and we were surrounded by kids having such a good time: dancing around, singing along, etc... it was so fun!

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#27re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 5:30pm

Titanic. Who knew? Should not have worked as well as it did.

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#28re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 5:30pm

After reading all the negative BWW reviews of FESTEN, I wasn't expecting much when I went to see it. However, I ended up liking it a whole lot.

On the flip side, I was expecting A LOT out of DROWSY CHAPERONE with all the hype from it's out-of-town tryout. However, I found it a little underwhelming. *Dodges thrown vegetables* Don't get me wrong, I laughed a lot more than usual and it was moe well put together than most shows I've seen, but it wasn't what everyone was hyping it up to be. Same with DRS.

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel
Updated On: 8/15/06 at 05:30 PM

miguelito
#29re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 5:31pm

the biggest one was Violet. I had listened to the CD a bit here and there, but when we saw the reunion of it at Playwrights Horizons a few years back, I fell in love with it!

"I can't decide if you're trying to be Randy Newman or Ben Vereen..." - [tos]

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#30re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 5:43pm

"The Grand Tour". The OBCR is underwhelming to say the least but I saw it last year in a cut-down production and it actually worked!

On a different note, "Brooklyn". My expectations could not have been lower - and I enjoyed every second of it.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#31re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 6:09pm

After everything I had heard about "Little Women" I was very surprised that I loved it so much! It deserved a longer run on Broadway.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#32re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 6:14pm

The Wedding Singer

Poster Emeritus

erinrebecca
#33re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 6:18pm

Going back a few years but I had no expectations for The Scarlet Pimpernel and ended up loving it. Douglas Sills' performance is still one of my all time favorites on a Broadway stage. Love him.

Mattbrain
#34re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 6:19pm

I knew that Spamalot and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels would be good but I had no idea that I would laugh my ass off at those shows!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

WiiCKED x3
HeartandMusic
#36re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 8:37pm

You're A Good Man Charlie Brown.

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#37re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
Posted: 8/15/06 at 8:44pm

Lord of the Rings.

Videos