pixeltracker

What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?- Page 2

What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#25re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 5:18pm

"We can't all come and go by bubble, you know!"

And I may be paraphrasing on this one but:
"That's right, you just follow that same road the whole time. Oh I hope they don't get lost. I'm so bad at giving directions!"

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#26re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 5:20pm

Ah, it's still hot!-Piazza

Kristin as Glinda: Look, Elphie, Fiyero's been thinking (don't remenmber the rest). In worried.

? as Fiyero: Listen, I've been thinking.

Eden as Elphie: Yes, I heard.

-Wicked

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#27re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 5:22pm

Damn Yankees (revival cd)
applgate: hello, hell? its me....what do you mean WHO..who else gets to leave?

chicago (all of it really but these especially)
Billy: lets just say if jesus christ had lived in chicago today, and he had 5000....things woulda turned out differently

Velma: (first spoken line)hey......hey.... HEY YOU!!!
Roxie: what?
Velma: get outta my chair

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

C is for Company
#28re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 5:25pm

The final phone conversation that Margaret has with Roy in Piazza, it gets me every single time.

Mattbrain
#29re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/11/06 at 2:43pm

I know it doesn't count but:

Rent: The Movie:

Collins: Merry Christmas, bitches!!!!!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

SweeneyPhanatic
#30re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/11/06 at 4:42pm

*"I am big. It's the pictures that got small."

---

*"Pardon me sir what's that awful stink?"
*"Smels to me like piss and looks like ink!"

---

*"Mrs. White, how tall are you?"
*"Six-three."
*"With heels?"
*"With anybody."

---

*"I'm thirty years old...tomorrow! And I haven't worked since I played Annie, when I was ten!"

Okay, the last two weren't Broadway, and two weren't spoken words, but tehy still work.

-- SDG

JemimaPearl
#31re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/11/06 at 5:09pm

the entire catfight scene in wicked. It's absolutely priceless.

"Movies will make you famous; Television will make you rich; But theatre will make you good." -Terrence Mann

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#32re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/11/06 at 5:20pm

omg me too, C is for Company.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#33re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/11/06 at 5:24pm

"Shug: Sound like Mister goin' to the toilet on ya!
Celie: Sometimes it feel dat way! "

Exactly why I hated my experience at THE COLOR PURPLE.

That line is not supposed to garner a laugh. You're supposed to feel horrible for her, not laugh at her - or with her. Horrible.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Mattbrain
#34re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/12/06 at 2:40pm

I don't know, Bob, walk like a man?

Yes, walk like a man.

As opposed to a girl?

As opposed to a kid?

I don't know if I got it right.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

mediakilled Profile Photo
mediakilled
#35re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/12/06 at 4:27pm

what's the matter? Bird Lady......?

'Raul Esparza to Euan Morton in Taboo

Hank
#36re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/12/06 at 5:43pm

From Thoroughly Modern Millie:
Muzzy: So you see snookums, you can marry your boss after all.
Millie: Who cares? I found myself a green glass love.
Jimmy: Funny, I found myself an emerald.

The Stars R Aligned
#37re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/12/06 at 7:24pm

Jersey Boys
Bob-...I dont give a f**k about the old neighborhood

Wicked
Nessarose-Whats in the punch?
Boq-Lime and Berrys and Melons
Nessarose-Oh My!

the wicked one is kinda wierd but i thought it was cute!

"Let me see some smiles... Not that phony 'sell-smile.' I want to see that 'I-love-to-dance-smile.'"-Larry, A Chorus Line My bumper sticker in 2100-DISCO STILL CONFUSES ME!!!! Oh by the way, Mr. Green called, he said "Get a CLUE!" Megan-And what about that wierd purple thing on happy meals Me-Grimmace or whatever the heck his name is. Megan-Yeah Me-What is he supposed to be anyways? Megan- I dont know I always thought he was Ronald McDonald's big stupid purple pet or the Hamburgler's hairball

munkustrap178
#38re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/12/06 at 7:27pm

"I thought you did it for me, Mama..."
GYPSY

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

The Stars R Aligned
#39re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/12/06 at 8:21pm

ok im recalling some other J.B ones that i didnt quite remember

Tommy Devito:Nick, remember when we couldn't get arrested?
Bob Gaudio:When was that when you were three.

Bob Gaudio:Im not drawn to the old neighborhood. My life never revolved around the old neighborhood. I could give a f**k about the old neighborhood!!!

thats the quote from Bob i was thinkin of!

i love Jersey Boys
its so cool

now more!

Spelling Bee

Panch: Please spell Mexicans
Chip: Hey!

Wicked
Glinda: Im Marrying Fiyero
Elphaba: Really when?
Glinda: Oh, he dosnt know yet.

Glinda: Populer...lar.....

Glinda (talking about the Grimmerie): Can I touch it?
Morrible: NO!

Hairspray

well i cant think of any good ones...

"Let me see some smiles... Not that phony 'sell-smile.' I want to see that 'I-love-to-dance-smile.'"-Larry, A Chorus Line My bumper sticker in 2100-DISCO STILL CONFUSES ME!!!! Oh by the way, Mr. Green called, he said "Get a CLUE!" Megan-And what about that wierd purple thing on happy meals Me-Grimmace or whatever the heck his name is. Megan-Yeah Me-What is he supposed to be anyways? Megan- I dont know I always thought he was Ronald McDonald's big stupid purple pet or the Hamburgler's hairball

bwayondabrain
#40re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/12/06 at 8:34pm

"And then, I ordered the ICED TEA!!!"- Jolene to Lawrence in DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS

"Okay, whatever that was, it was really good."- Holly after Robbie and Julia kiss in THE WEDDING SINGER

and the part in THE COLOR PURPLE where Shug and Celie are imitating Sofia and Squeak... priceless! :)

matt schneider
#41re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/12/06 at 9:04pm

There are the ones in my signature and I have many others, but there are way too many to list.

The bushes of Tex were nervous recks because their son was dim, But look what happened to him~Dirrty Rotten Scoundrels~all about Ruprecht They say the thoughtful musicals dead on broadway~forbiden broadway : SVU~The crime scene Never say never, there's always one more person you can hit up~avenue Q.~the money song Life sucks, get a pacifyer~my own saying

Musical Director
#42re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/13/06 at 10:58am

Here are a couple of mine:
From BYE, BYE, BIRDIE, Mae Peterson says to her son, Albert:
"You're just like your father. You'd marry anything!"
From A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC..this happens in the middle of Send In The Clowns, Frederick says to Desiree:
"I should not have come. To flirt with rescue when one has no intention of being saved."

munkustrap178
#43re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/13/06 at 12:01pm

BYE BYE BIRDIE has some classic lines.

This one's from memory, so excuse the paraphrasing:

"This is Rose? Sweet little Rose Alvarez? What happened, Rose, you have a sudden shock or something?"

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#44re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/13/06 at 12:26pm

i don't know what kind of gay man i would be if i didn't go about the house saying "I'm pretty, Mama!" from Gypsy every so often.

but yeah, the line that sticks with me when this thread was mentioned was the part in Wicked when the witches are sitting in their dorm and Galinda goes "Elphie, Fyeiro and are going to be married!" and Elphaba goes "Oh that's great! I didn't know he proposed." and Galinda gets that wicked look in her eyes and goes "He doesn't know yet!"

haha I am SO Galinda.

iheartamc10
#45re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/13/06 at 12:46pm

I'm so corny:

It's a line/moment/beginning of a song:

Jersey Boys:
Bob: .... and she looks up at him... defiant.. and says..

All: "Big Girls Don't Cry...Big Girls Don't Cry.."

munkustrap178
#46re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/13/06 at 12:51pm

None of these JERSEY BOYS lines are anything spectacular, why the obsession?

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#47re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/13/06 at 1:00pm

Gypsy
"New York is the center of everything"
"New York is the center of New York"

"I have a job dear my daughters are my job and I have two of them."

"I can read... a little." Sunday In The Park With George

Into The Woods

"Have you done this to our house"
"Always thinking of yourselves"
Updated On: 1/7/07 at 01:00 PM

SporkGoddess
#48re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/13/06 at 1:05pm

That whole bit in LitP with Clara going up to Fabrizio and crying "Look at me!" after hearing Franca's whole spiel on how someday he won't look at her anymore.

Love love love love love the part in Sweeney Todd after "Green Finch" when Anthony finds out exactly why the birds still sing. Who doesn't get chills when hearing "We blind them"... and especially after Johanna wondered why they still sing when in that situation.

This is kind of sung, but I'm always cracked up by that part in Joseph after he's been taken by the Ishmaelites: "And I don't speak Egyptian very well!"

Passion: "Respect has everything to do with love." "That's not true, but it hardly matters right now." (or something like that)

Parade: "I got us a strategy!"

Ragtime, when Tateh has to work in the factories and there's all this dialogue about his situation. ;_;

And, the last one off the top of my head, the whole scene in Amneris's bedroom in Aida when she tells Radames "Maybe you should have the royal cartographer draw a map of the female body, and then you'd be more likely to COME EXPLORE!" Or something like that Cheap laugh, sure, but it worked. re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Mattbrain
#49re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 9/13/06 at 2:59pm

Gee, Munkustrap, this may sound odd to you, but maybe there are people who actually liked Jersey Boys and want to share their favorite lines from it.

Videos