"Chicago" rush

CJR
#25re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 2:54pm

Oh absolutely. I agree with that completely, no doubt. You just have to get there early if you want to make sure to get those -- it's been my experience with the Ambassador that if you wind up with rush seats any further back than, say, 4th or 5th row, it's almost a better idea to do SRO because then you don't miss anything.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

musicalkid Profile Photo
musicalkid
#26re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 2:59pm

slight threadjack:
I was recently told (and wanted to check the accuracy of this statement) that lotteries and rush are almost non-exsistent in most shows during Jan-Feb.
Is that true?
what show have rush and/or lottery?

Bring Disney's "Der Glockner Von Notre Dame" To Broadway!
http://musicalkid.multiply.com/

C is for Company
#27re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 3:08pm

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/boards/index.php?category=&rush=show&order=
Talkin' Broadway - Broadway Show Listings

There you go

TristezzaBella27
#28re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/24/07 at 10:37pm

does anyone know if bebe does matinees normally? weird question i know...

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#29re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/24/07 at 10:46pm

Bebe was in today's matinee, so I assume she would be in all matinees.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

TristezzaBella27
#30re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/24/07 at 10:57pm

thanks! good to know :) :parties:

kgallo Profile Photo
kgallo
#31re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/25/07 at 12:05am

She was also in the matinee I saw 2 weeks ago on a Wed.

"Thought is suspect, and money is their idol, and nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible." -Spring Awakening

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#32re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/25/07 at 1:39am

she was in the sat mat. if you go to a mat, you should be fine

"Wishes come true, not free..."

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#33re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/25/07 at 8:23am

The last time I rushed CHICAGO, my seat was in the front row of the side orchestra, to the extreme left. I missed a few things here and there, but overall a very good view. This was back when Brooke Shields was in the show.

Thanks for the current info. I'm planning to rush the show again to see Bebe and Philip.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

coolkid11776
#34re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/26/07 at 10:28am

If I want to get rush tickets for the 8PM show tomorrow night If I get their at like 1:00PM can I still get tickets?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Tchi4Lif188
#35re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/26/07 at 2:02pm

im pretty sure that they dont have rush for the 8pm shows on saturdays.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#36re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/26/07 at 3:07pm

What are the chances of CHICAGO selling standing room tickets for the matinee tomorrow? Has the show been selling well on Saturday matinees? Thanks!

Tchi4Lif188
#37re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/26/07 at 7:44pm

it LOOKED like it was sold out last week on the sat mat, but i didnt pay that much attention.

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#38re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/27/07 at 12:25am

Do you think if I got there at 9 it would be okay for tomorrow's rush?

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

Tchi4Lif188
#39re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/27/07 at 12:38am

well last week there was some bad weather, so i think that may have affected it, but i got htere at 845 and was about 7th in line, and then a lot more people started showing up about 5 of 9. thats about all the help that i can give you :/ but good luck and let me know what you think when you get back!!

Updated On: 1/27/07 at 12:38 AM

Freckles1329
#40re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/27/07 at 12:49am

Thanks for the info! Do you know if anyone didn't get tickets who arrived after you?

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

Tchi4Lif188
#41re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/27/07 at 1:43am

i have no idea, sorry. i didnt stay long enough to check either. and i dont even know how many they give out.

Freckles1329
#42re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/27/07 at 6:38am

Ok, thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#43re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/27/07 at 10:35am

i got there at 9:30am this morning and has no problem getting a rush ticket for the matinee. can't wait until 2pm!

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#44re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/27/07 at 10:43am

i went on a rainy day, and no one was there.

Tchi4Lif188
#45re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/27/07 at 11:26am

this is looking good for me then, haha. im going back soon and it sounds like i should be fine getting there at 830. :)

Freckles1329
#46re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/28/07 at 2:10am

OK I got there around 9 and I was in the fourth group of people. So it was fine.

Raspberry Profile Photo
Raspberry
#47re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/29/07 at 10:55pm

I got there at around 3:00 and got some nice SRO tickets for Saturday's evening performance this weekend.

"I just want a story and a few good songs that will take me away. I just want to be entertained. I mean, isn't that the point?"

CJR
#48re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/30/07 at 3:34pm

Whomever said it was correct when they mentioned that there is no rush for the 8pm show on Saturday. I think I mentioned it on the first page of the thread.

There used to be 25 rush tickets only when the show was still at the Shubert. I have no idea what the count is at the Ambassador, but it should be around the same amount.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

TristezzaBella27
#49re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 2/7/07 at 12:01am

Just wanna say, I went and saw the Matinee this past Saturday. It was my first time seeing the show. I almost died. The 1996 revival cast recording was the very first broadway cast recording I ever loved, so to finally see the show was a huge moment. It did not let me down at all. It was also an amazing moment when Bebe came onto the stage. Oh yes, it was worth the waiting in the cold for it.

Videos