pixeltracker

"Dreamgirls" advanced screening in D.C.- Page 2

"Dreamgirls" advanced screening in D.C.

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#25re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/14/06 at 12:54pm

backup... i hope you'll give us some sort of a review tomorrow? :)

Casey3
#26re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/14/06 at 6:29pm

I'm goin' to the Chicago one as well. Press will be there so whoop and holler and make this film look good. LOL.

Kringas
#27re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/15/06 at 9:21am

Or press will be there, so behave yourselves, remember you were damn lucky to get in and let them do their jobs.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#28re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/15/06 at 9:35am

I'll be at the Chicago screening as well via Jack.

Jennifer Hudson Q&A? Really? I will die if that happens.

Since these are intended for press, does anyone know if there are usually gift bags...containing things like promo CDs.....lol. Like seeing the movie isn't enough.

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#29re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/15/06 at 9:40am

Who is this wonderful man named Jack, and why have I not heard about him. I am heartbroken about the DC screening, but will pass the time by working out to Concert Soundtrack.

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#30re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/15/06 at 9:48am

Unfortunately, Kyle., 'gift bags' are not given at advance press screenings. These advance press screenings are done weekly for the media, so it isn't a 'special event', like an awards show, etc. They attend these every week as part of their jobs (the media), in order for them to be able to write their film reviews for future publishing, etc.

This one seems a little bit more hyped since it's DREAMGIRLS, but they're just a regular showing of a movie, which for obvious reasons, has to be 'invitation only' to keep the regular public out of them.

All you'll be doing tonight is simply seeing the movie. Nothing more; nothing less. If indeed Jennifer Hudson does a Q&A in Chicago, you're lucky. Everyone else will just be seeing the movie in advance. That's all.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#31re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/15/06 at 12:06pm

Thank you Brody! That is what I figured. But my mind couldn't help but wonder.

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#32re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/15/06 at 12:07pm

cubanpab--I'm going to wait until you all have seen the screening today...don't want to spoil anything for them. I'll jump in with my thoughts at that time.

Enjoy y'all! (I sure did. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

daspazoo
#33re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/15/06 at 4:45pm

Anyone going to the Chicago screening tonight:
Look for a guy who looks about 20 with green Vogue glasses on.
My name is Chris, I'll be there with a friend, and I love to meet some local BWW's!

...this bird is singing.

Mischief Profile Photo
Mischief
#34re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/15/06 at 4:47pm

My film critic friend that has invited me to this screening shared with me her email invitation to the event which included this quote...

"Chicago native Jennifer Hudson will be in attendance for the evening and a Q&A"

There was a further personal one-on-one interview opportunity to have a sit-down with Hudson, but my friend didn't make a reservation to do that.

My friend tells me if Hudson was NOT going to be there tonight she would have received an email by now stating that.

She also tells me that normally these screenings are at 7 or 7:30 PM, but tonight's screening is at 8:30, so she believes they might be making a big deal of Jennifer Hudson being there.

Guess we'll see...

I'm counting the minutes!
Updated On: 11/15/06 at 04:47 PM

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#35re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/15/06 at 4:52pm

So excited I could DIE.

Mischief Profile Photo
Mischief
#36re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
Posted: 11/16/06 at 12:15pm

kyle., are you still among the living?

Videos