pixeltracker

Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie- Page 2

Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#25re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 12:20am

and Paris mocked him and the show relentlessly

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#26re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 1:14am

I'm not sure of the timeline, but when they saw "Levittown" on GG, I think they might have been referencing "Brooklyn". Saw "Because I Said So" today, and she does sing a little and it was good. Gilmore Girls may be one of the most perfectly cast shows ever.

ValentineLaMar: Emily Bergl was also a Gilmore cast memeber for a while.

CurtainPullDowner: Adam left Gilmore for about a year or so, while he was off he did "Into the Woods", and when he came back his characters storyline had him being off doing "Into the Woods" on broadway. They never showed any of the performance on Gilmore Girls, they just talked about it.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

ashley0139
#27re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 1:15am

"but i love the fiddler episode when the children put on the show and Kurt plays tevye"

Hahahaha. I have to see that episode. Kurt as Tevye is just too funny sounding.

It's in the middle of the fifth season. Definitely hilarious.

While her singing in the movie was very very minimal, I was very excited to hear it. Very very cute movie as well.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife
Updated On: 2/11/07 at 01:15 AM

husk_charmer
#28re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 1:28am

I wanna say Lauren Graham did "Dolly" while at SMU...don't hold me to that.

I always want them to reference "A Chorus Line" because of Kelly.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#29re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 1:30am

ANDDDD i'm about to pop in season3 and watch a couple episodes!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Julian2
#30re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 1:44am

Does anyone remember the Crayola Kids Adventures? They were these corny little videos of literary classics musicalized starring kids, there were three or four who them all including Adam. I had them constantly from the video retal place and still remember some of the songs.

Aren't ya glad your onboard the Nautilus, under water, completely . . .

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

husk_charmer
#31re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 2:17am

I remember those, and they did the Odyssey!

ashley0139
#32re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 2:47am

I always want them to reference "A Chorus Line" because of Kelly.

I always think about that. But could they do that? Could they mention another work that an actor on the show was in? In the third season, when Lorelai brings Emily a stack of the 80s dance musicals, Dirty Dancing would obviously be included on any list. But she doesn't mention it, I'm assuming because Kelly was in it. I always thought the world would implode if they did. re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

husk_charmer
#33re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 3:14am

I dunno, sometimes the "in" jokes really work.

C is for Company
#34re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 3:52am

I recently started watching and just seeing Kelly Bishop in this sometimes just reassures me that she has not lost that acerbic Sheila tone.

husk_charmer
#35re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 3:57am

C is for..
If you watch the bonus features, or see her in interviews, she really ISN'T like it in real life, she just always gets the roles...and is brilliant.

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#36re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 4:21am

Yeah, I wondered about that "Dirty Dancing" omission as well...but figured they focused more on the oldies.

And, well, Kelly Bishop is divine. I love seeing her in interviews because she is so funny and appears to be a real sweetheart.

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

Holly Therese Profile Photo
Holly Therese
#37re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 9:18am

Husk Charmer and Ashley:

They have mentioned that she is a dancer. Lorelai said something about it and Rory was shocked. Then Lorelai said something to the effect of "Your grandma isn't exactly a stairmaster girl."

"You know, with the right volume, Patti LuPone can make a car bounce, too...." -Wonderwaiter

stagegrrrl
#38re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 9:26am

i have to say that as much as i love the gilmore girls is about as much as i hated the revival of into the woods. as miscast as vanessa williams was as the comedic lead, adam wylie was borderline embarrasing as jack. when i saw the show he was Awful with a big "A", off-key, effeminate and just totally wrong for the part. i'm sure he's a nice enough guy but as jack he was a nightmare in a horrendous production. hopefully his fiyero will live in a different world.

DG
#39re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 9:28am

"his fiyero"

FYI - he's playing Boq.

stagegrrrl
#40re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 9:45am

oh thank god.
i was really concerned when i thought he was fiyero.
boq makes MUCH more sense.

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#41re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 11:32am

Didn't see Into The Woods but I did see him in She Loves Me and 110 in the Shade (with Marin Mazzie and Jason Danieley) and he was good in both.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#42re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 12:36pm

He was one of my newsboys in a production of "Gypsy" years ago and he was a delight to work with, even as a young performer. He was doing "Picket Fences" at the time and came in and out of our show as time permitted. He always put up a fuss about having to miss our little non-Equity production! I found it very endearing that he would rather do our 99 seat show than his bigtime TV gig. Great young man, very dedicated.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#43re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 12:44pm

I read an interview where Lauren said she was in a production of David Lindsay-Abaire's WONDER OF THE WORLD. Don't know where or when this happened, though.

She's a very talented actress and comedienne. If she wasn't doing Gilmore Girls, she'd be the perfect choice for Rita in the PRELUDE TO A KISS revival.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

DG
#44re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 12:46pm

"I found it very endearing that he would rather do our 99 seat show than his bigtime TV gig."

Even has his career has been finding its legs, he's been very interested in doing things like new play readings. He is sincerely in love with the performing arts, and is wonderfully enthusiastic about ALL of it. And he goes about his business with respect, integrity and enthusiasm - I wish there were more like him.

ashley0139
#45re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 1:34pm

They have mentioned that she is a dancer. Lorelai said something about it and Rory was shocked. Then Lorelai said something to the effect of "Your grandma isn't exactly a stairmaster girl."

Yes they do say that. I think that's the most reference they've made to it. They were talking about her calves.

Updated On: 2/11/07 at 01:34 PM

Pemily Profile Photo
Pemily
#46re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 4:17pm

I don't think they ever mentioned that she's a dancer, the quote you're referring to was about great legs, yes, but not dancing re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie

RORY: You just wanna hold a grudge.
LORELAI: Yes, it burns more calories.
RORY: That’s not true.
LORELAI: Yes it is, how do you think your grandma got those legs of hers? She’s not exactly a Stairmaster gal.
RORY: Mom.
LORELAI: Never saw her on the running track.
RORY: Ok.
LORELAI: I don’t remember the country club organizing a Tae-bo class.
RORY: Fine, forget it.

There was a Dirty Dancing reference in GG btw: They used the line "No one puts baby in a corner" re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie

I have been a fan of Adam's since PICKET FENCES.

Thanks for that, I always wondered why Adam looked so familiar. Picket Fences it was *G*

Updated On: 2/11/07 at 04:17 PM

Holly Therese Profile Photo
Holly Therese
#47re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 5:23pm

Guess it was wishfull thinking on my part!

"You know, with the right volume, Patti LuPone can make a car bounce, too...." -Wonderwaiter

ashley0139
#48re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 8:43pm

There was a Dirty Dancing reference in GG btw: They used the line "No one puts baby in a corner"

Ok, so it's bad that I've never seen Dirty Dancing and didn't know that line was from that. Well I'm glad the world didn't implode. Whew. re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie

Videos