Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#1Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 9:49am

I forgot the name of Adam Wylie's character on Gilmore Girls, but I was wondering if anyone saw the episodes that referenced to him being in "Into the Woods" on Broadway...it was towards the end of Season 3. Was the gap from his last appearance on the show actually the time he starred in "Into the Woods"? I found the reference interesting, and of course, was amused because it was Broadway related.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#2re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 10:30am

He played Brad Langford, and it did coincide with his time in New York doing Into the Woods. Love the Gilmore Girls!!!

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#2re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 11:38am

I believe he opens tonight - Feb 10 - in Wicked in LA. He's Boq.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#3re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 11:50am

this is SO funny. i was just thinking that I should post a thread about Adam in Gilmore Girls.

"THERE WAS A PERSON INSIDE THAT COW SUIT!"

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

millie_dillmount
#4re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 12:29pm

Yeah, he is opening tonight in Wicked in LA. I was looking at the Wicked LA website and saw his bio, which made me think of the Gilmore Girls episodes with him.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#5re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 12:42pm

OH THAT'S RIGHT!

i always chuckle in a good way when musical theatre references are made on tv. =)

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

ashley0139
#6re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 1:03pm

I love those episodes. They do quite a few good theatre references.

"Nathan Lane is a very bitter man."

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Jon
#7re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 2:04pm

I loved when Paris ridiculed him and ITW - "The beans, the beans, where are the beans..."

tourboi
#8re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 2:23pm

Love me some Gilmore!

I'd love to see Lauren Grahmn on stage...not necessarilly in a musical.

Holly Therese Profile Photo
Holly Therese
#9re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 2:36pm

I loved him on Gilmore Girls. Especially when he sang at the graduation..."Cherish is the word I use to describe...bum! bum! bum! bum!..." Classic.

"You know, with the right volume, Patti LuPone can make a car bounce, too...." -Wonderwaiter

MimiLovesRoger Profile Photo
MimiLovesRoger
#10re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 3:13pm

I love that episode! I love GG.

ashley0139
#11re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 4:03pm

I'd love to see Lauren Grahmn on stage...not necessarilly in a musical.

I would kill to see her onstage. She is the only person to have ever made me cry on tv. I would love to see her in a musical. She does sing, too. She's played Dolly in Hello, Dolly. I think I know too much about Gilmore Girls.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

millie_dillmount
#12re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 4:47pm

I wonder how she sounds singing.

Didn't in one Gilmore Girl episode she make a reference to Hello Dolly and kind of sing-say the line? Or am I thinking of something else?

Also I remember an episode they saw Levittown the Musical on Broadway (which I couldn't find anything about online...I didn't think it was real)...on that same episode Luke and Lorelai made references to The Producers and Hairspray.

Julian2
#13re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 5:09pm

They also have an episode where they're watching the Grey Gardens documentary. Not a direct Broadway reference, but still.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

millie_dillmount
#14re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 5:10pm

Yes, I remember that one!

ashley0139
#15re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 5:19pm

Oh well if you're going by general Broadway references in Gilmore Girls, there are a million. Fiddler, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, RENT, Spamalot, and even Taboo.

Lauren Graham has said herself she is a big Broadway nerd. Also, is it bad the reason I knew about Grey Gardens was Gilmore Girls?

Updated On: 2/10/07 at 05:19 PM

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#16re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 5:26pm

I have done a few shows with Adam Wylie....."Carousel" back in 1992...he was one of the Snow children. And a recent benefit for Music Theatre of Southern California here in Los Angeles.

He's a very nice guy and very talented. His Mom is quite the stage Mother.

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#17re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 8:42pm

Gilmore Girls also referenced Caroline or Change a season or two ago. Clearly, any show that does that works ok for me!

By the way, Lauren Graham sings a bit in her new movie.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#18re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 9:10pm

He ruined the revival recording of Into the Woods for me. :X

Well, him and that off-key, shrieky Little Red. I know you really can't duplicate the amazing Ben Wright and Danielle Ferland, but still, it might be worthwhile to find people who can give performances that aren't cringe-worthy.

ValentineLaMar
#19re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 10:09pm

I'd love to see Lauren Graham on stage...not necessarily in a musical.

I saw her up in Williamstown during a break from GG in the summer of 2002, playing May in Kaufman and Hart's ONCE IN A LIFETIME. She did a terrific job. (Her Playbill bio did not list any other stage work.)

Tate Donovan played Jerry, Tom Riis Farrell was George, and the supporting cast included Kristine Nielsen, Emily Bergl, Denny Dillon, Joe Grifasi, Peter Frechette, Clea Lewis, and Lewis Black.

DG
#20re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 10:13pm

"He's a very nice guy and very talented."

I'll second that.

eb412
#21re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/10/07 at 10:28pm

he was always very funny on gilmore girls...from the episodes where he was very shy and going in and out of the private school (because of his fear of paris ) to when he returns for graduation and is newly confident. I loved that paris beans line! I also love the line in an older episode when he says his therapist consulted his rabbi or something and suggested he confront his fears and come back to the school! Gilmore girls always has great references but i love the fiddler episode when the children put on the show and Kurt plays tevye!!! ahhh amazing

millie_dillmount
#22re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 12:05am

"but i love the fiddler episode when the children put on the show and Kurt plays tevye"

Hahahaha. I have to see that episode. Kurt as Tevye is just too funny sounding.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#23re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 12:08am

I have been a fan of Adam's since PICKET FENCES.
How did they work his INTO THE WOODS performance into GILMORE GIRLS?

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#24re: Gilmore Girls: Adam Wylie
Posted: 2/11/07 at 12:18am

I'm not sure of the timeline, but when they saw "Levittown" on GG, I think they might have been referencing "Brooklyn". Saw "Because I Said So" today, and she does sing a little and it was good. Gilmore Girls may be one of the most perfectly cast shows ever.

ValentineLaMar: Emily Bergl was also a Gilmore cast memeber for a while.

CurtainPullDowner: Adam left Gilmore for about a year or so, while he was off he did "Into the Woods", and when he came back his characters storyline had him being off doing "Into the Woods" on broadway. They never showed any of the performance on Gilmore Girls, they just talked about it.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

Videos