Cabaret's Last Night

mamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
#25re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 3:31pm

The biggest compared with what other people?

BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged

Elphie Profile Photo
Elphie
#26re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 8:50pm

John Stamos is only Uncle Jessie in my eyes haha.
He filmed a movie in my hometown about a good 4-5 years ago called "Grownups" and my friend got to be an extra in it (too bad for me I wasnt home when he called me to get my ass down to a new development in town where it was being filmed re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: ) That movie was suppose to come out I think the summer of 2000 or something, but fell unheard of. Does anyone know if Stamos listed this in his bio if you have a copy of a Nine or Cabaret playbill?

"They hear drums. We hear music."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#27re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 9:04pm

i posted something else about the matinee today, before i saw this thread. Adam was in today... and he was skipping around and he didn't look like anything was wrong with his knee. who knows.... i hope whatever it was is better.

expecting details on tonight. i can't believe it's closing. it's so special.... i'm really going to miss it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#28re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 9:06pm

John Stamos is one cool dude. He is great in those commercials.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Bway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
#29re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 9:25pm

and nice re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: he even calls his mom regularly

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#30re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 9:28pm

Manners make the man.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#31re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 11:09pm

while he might be a nice and talented man, i hope that rumor of stamos coming into HS arent true... because he really is the kiss of death to shows.

cbrown828
#32re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 11:11pm

were any past cast memebers in the audience for the final performance.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#33re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 11:15pm

Mr. Shaiman- Can you please confirm or deny this rumor about Guido Contini? Thank you.

etoile
#34No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 12:15am

Yes there were several former cast members in the audience and I was surprised that Sam Mendes didn't call them up on stage. In fact "Debbie" Gibson was picked for the first dance at the beginning of the second act. I also saw Michelle Pawk with John Dossett, Neil Partrick Harris and later Dennis O'Hare. That's it in a nutshell.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
Updated On: 1/5/04 at 12:15 AM

cbrown828
#35re: No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 12:29am

no alan or natasha?

chasing_rainbows43
#36re: No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 12:37am

There were way too many people there for him to call everyone up. Heather Laws, Brooke Shields, Joyce Chittick, Carole Shelley, many many more.
What Adam said to "Deborah" was terrific though - I believe it went something like "When I was a little boy there was a singer named Debbie, and I used to take her picture into the bathroom with me for many many hours - ok maybe not hours but a few very pleasant minutes!" Seriously, it was priceless.

The show itself was very emotional, and about 10 or so minutes longer than usual (due to the incredibly extended pauses for applause. I think after the title number it went on for a good solid two minutes). The performances were all amazing, everything about the show tonite was great. I'm really going to miss this incredible production of such a wonderful show.
~Sarah, still kind of misty-eyed (that'll happen when you cry from the finale all the way through the half hour's worth of curtain call speeches...)

etoile
#37 No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 12:38am

Mendes announced that Alan wasn't there. Nothing was said about Natasha. She may have been there, but I didn't see her. I didn't go to the after party. It was being held...maybe I should say. It's still early.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

CJR
#38re: No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 1:56am

Awwwe Michele and John were there? That's great! I wish I could have been there too, but damn I suck lol

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

cabarethed
#39re: re: No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 5:43am

Yeah...no Alan. I just checked out the photo op, and I'm Really surprised he didn't even make an appearance at the party. Why the hell am I still up, btw?

I'm just so numb right now...I only cried from the opening drumroll through So What, part of Married, I Don't Care Much, and the final moment. I just can't believe it's all over...I'm feeling oddly content though b/c Matt McGrath showed up and sat a few tables in front of me. He was my first, my favorite, and my most missed, so I feel like I got some odd sort of closure since he left so abruptly.

It was adorable to see Denis O'Hare rushing in after it ended...obviously came right from the Take Me Out party. And all the posters up, oh god. That almost killed me. I don't understand why Adam didn't pull someone like NPH up to dance though...he had the funniest moment with Deborah Gibson, and then he chose some random guy. Odd.

I desperately need to go to bed now, but I'll obviously be posting more.

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#40re: re: re: No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 4:15pm

Debra Gibson and alot of old cast members were there. Adam Pascal didn't get replaced.

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#41re: re: re: re: No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 4:19pm

John Stamos didn't cause Cabaret to close...

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

PJ
#42re: re: re: re: re: No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 4:38pm

How the heck would he have caused the show to close? He was in the show from April 2002 - September 2002. And yesterday the show closed on January 4, 2004. Ha!

Also, maybe the reason why Nine closed so soon after Antonio and his entourage of women departed maybe because John wasn't a big enough name and/or the public realized it's not that great of a show...or something to that effect.

lovinlife Profile Photo
lovinlife
#43re: re: re: re: re: re: No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 5:43pm

Saw the matinee and it was amazing. A shame it closed, really.

"All I want is the truth, just give me some truth!"- J. Lennon

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#44re: re: re: re: re: re: re: No Alan
Posted: 1/5/04 at 7:08pm

i still can't handle the fact that I saw it for the last time yesterday. but it was the best i'd ever seen it. glad last night was good! surprised that alan cumming wasn't there.... and i absolutely love what adam said about deborah gibson. when he was dancing with the guy at the matinee, the guy was with his wife so adam was like "does your wife know your hand is on my ass?" funny, but not nearly as funny as the whole picture in the bathroom thing.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos