pixeltracker

The Official "I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH" Thread- Page 2

The Official "I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH" Thread

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#25re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 4/23/07 at 9:30pm

Hamlet - I think Audrey's exact words were "Raul is yummy." But you are right. That about sums it up.

I just saw The Coast of Utopia this weekend so I got up the courage to listen to the Word of Mouth reviews for the three plays - I'm ill.

Mattbrain
#26re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 4/25/07 at 9:15pm

Word of Mouth dealt with a lot of issues like stupid housewives, blondes with smiles that really scared the crap out of you, and six-year-olds with (tongue-wag) speech impediments.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

RockabyeHamlet
#27re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 4/25/07 at 9:33pm

Thanks keen, I couldn't bring myself to watch it again to get the exacy wording..

..It was scarring enough the first time.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#28re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 4/26/07 at 4:26pm

Hamlet - I understand. It was painful enough to have to listen to their voices, much less their actual opinions.

Love your avatar, BTW.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#29re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 4/26/07 at 4:39pm

I used to pay that site a daily visit. I don't think I visit once a week now.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Mattbrain
#30re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 4/29/07 at 9:10am

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Mattbrain
#31re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 4/29/07 at 9:11am

That blonde lady who lists herself as an accountant/mom looks just like my chorus teacher (who's a complete twat by the way)

Mattbrain
#32re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 9:46am

Here's their review for 110 in the shade:

http://www.broadway.com/gen/general.aspx?ci=547867

The comments alone struck me as horrifying. Kat doesn't even know who Audra McDonald is.

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#33re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 10:03am

I think it would be fun to have the Word of Mouth reviewers and the Tony nominating committee switch places just this once.

The on-line reviews would be much more interesting, and there would actually be some suspense when the Tony nominations were announced next week.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#34re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 10:05am

Very sad. So very, very sad. At least broadway.com could counterbalance these people with a real critic with credentials who has dedicated their life to theater, y'know...have a vested interest in the health of the current scene.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#35re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 11:30am

Do you guys think the Word O' Mouth folk read these message boards?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#36re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 12:31pm

Wanna Be.....If any do, I would think Phylis and Vincent might read the boards. And as for Kat not knowing who Audra is, well she is 16!! Out side of "A Raisin in the Sun" and concerts, she hasn't been in the spotlight. I think it is great that she has discovered her and loves her now.

Just give the world Love.

FosterChild Profile Photo
FosterChild
#37re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:02pm

Good point, uncageg. Why WOULD she know who Audra McDonald is? We can't be that close-minded, can we?

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#38re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:18pm

I'm not certain that the Word of Mouth people read at all.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

Mattbrain
#39re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:23pm

I was 12 when I learned who Audra McDonald was.

FosterChild Profile Photo
FosterChild
#40re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 2:04pm

People who post on this board should learn who she is at birth. But these are not people who post on this board. Sadly, Audra's just not famous. When she's on The View, you can see the studio audience scratching their heads, too.

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#41re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 2:56pm

Lets talk about Randi's quote, shall we?

Who the heck is this person? I think my favorite part of what she says is "You have to wonder why Little Edie doesn't smother Big Edie with a pillow at some point in the second act because no person could possibly put up with that kind of oppression for 25 years, and yet somehow she's managed to do that...So it's a sick relationship but it certainly makes for great entertainment."

Yeah you're right Randi. Thats what the shows about. A little shaudfreude and looking down on others. Personally, I love the show becuase everyone can relate to feeling how Little Edie feels to some extent.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#42re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 5/11/07 at 3:08pm

Well GYPSY, keep in mind that Randi procliamed High Fidelity as the best musical she'd seen in years.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#43re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 6/29/07 at 4:09pm

they've don it again! as said by Audry on the topic of Old Acquaintance "This isn't a really show for a teenager, this is a show for people who like to go to the theater and see a good plot and a good play." As I'm sixteen, I resent that (especially since I'm not a drooling SA fan girl)...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

Mattbrain
#44re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/8/08 at 4:10pm

Bump.

AndAllThatJazz22
#45re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/8/08 at 5:24pm

I know I will be hated for this, but I really like the Word of Mouth panel. They kind of show you what a more common theatre goer is like, and it gives you a sense of why certain shows that the die hards (like us), think are brilliant, but fail in the box office.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

PiraguaGuy2
#46re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/8/08 at 6:14pm

Yeah...but they're idiots.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#47re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/8/08 at 9:35pm

AndAllThatJazz22:

Which Word Of Mouth Critic are you?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

PiraguaGuy2
#48re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/8/08 at 9:43pm

I was about to say...

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#49re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/8/08 at 10:06pm

The teenager one.

Videos