pixeltracker

Fantasia out Sunday 6/10- Page 2

Fantasia out Sunday 6/10

jimnysf
#25re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/11/07 at 11:42pm

LOL! You are the one on your high horse. Are you Fantasia? If so, you should have been at the theatre and not at the Tonys.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

teka21
#26re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/11/07 at 11:50pm

Fantasia's performance at the Tonys will help The Color Purple sell future tickets. It is the best possible advertising for that show. I'm sure TCP producers were thrilled to have her sing there. Missing that evening performance to do the Tonys was a no-brainer.

jimnysf
#27re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/11/07 at 11:52pm

No brainer = Fantasia Fanatics

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

NCGuy Profile Photo
NCGuy
#28re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 12:01am

I’m confused; was she actually given a choice between the Tonys and her regular show?

jimnysf
#29re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 12:08am

Sounds like she's starting to miss shows. It's not fair to the people from out of town who bought a ticket to see her and went all the way to NYC when they could have waited to see "Color Purple" on tour.

jg4892
#30re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 12:10am

Guys, she's missed 2. Doesn't sound like she's turning into Donna Murphy here.

Malaijah
#31re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 12:13am

She missed a show on the night of the Tony's and now it's the end of the world. What a damn diva. How dare she live out her dreams and do things she's never imagined. The nerve of Fantasia. Who does she think she is performing at the Tony's when TCP was nominated last year, and she had a show to do. Who cares if she made the afternoon show? She should make every show. Rain, sleet, hail, AND snow. A fever is no excuse. If she gets hit by car, she should get to the doctor and be prepared to perform that day! This is a job. She shouldn't have fun doing it or enjoy herself!

Conquered:TCP DC W Soon: JB LK LM
Updated On: 6/12/07 at 12:13 AM

jimnysf
#32re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 12:14am

First it's one, then two and before you know it she is missing more and more. I see a pattern developing here. Funny how the big stars like Ethel Merman never missed a show.

stockmanjr
#33re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 12:16am

Since Fantasia pretty much makes the show why didnt they just cancel the evening performance ? They knew she was going to be at the tony's so it wasnt like she just suddenly called in sick!

NCGuy Profile Photo
NCGuy
#34re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 12:22am

Again, though: was it her choice to miss a performance for the Tony awards or was it the producers’ choice?

I understand you think she shouldn’t have been performing at the awards at all last night, but it sounds like your beef should be with the Tony producers and the TCP producers, not with Fantasia herself.

Virgo
#35re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 8:15am

"She missed a show on the night of the Tony's and now it's the end of the world. What a damn diva. How dare she live out her dreams and do things she's never imagined. The nerve of Fantasia. Who does she think she is performing at the Tony's when TCP was nominated last year, and she had a show to do. Who cares if she made the afternoon show? She should make every show. Rain, sleet, hail, AND snow."

Oh man, your entire post was over-the-top goodness. I think over-the-top people like jimsynf who doubted that Fantasia could handle a broadway role and not just any broadway role, a leading role where she is on stage most of the play are simply disappointed that she's pulling it off so effortlessly that they are trying to make any tiny little thing involving her a huge deal. Someone missing a day at a broadway show due to illiness is no big deal. Someone going to perform in another capacity for one show (especially when they already did one broadway show earlier that day) at the request of Broadway is no big deal, especially since again she was promoting broadway, not herself. What the people aren't realizing is that in all of Fantasia's tv appearances since she's taken broadway she hasn't promoted her album one bit. She could have taken off to sing her #1 single "when I see U" on the idol finale to try to get more downloads for the song, but no, she was on the Broadway stage instead. She's put broadway FIRST since her run begin.

what's the next thing ya gonna blow out of proportion jim? what Fantasia was 10 seconds late on stage at TCP. Oh let me guess, you'll also complain that she's not clearing off TCP set herself. Off with her head.

jhonaker Profile Photo
jhonaker
#36re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 8:30am

"Again, she should not have been at the Tonys. She should have been at the theatre giving her adoring public the live performance they paid for. Sounds like she is starting to develop a pattern of being out. She's been out twice you say? I've never been out."

And how many times have you been invited to perform at the Tonys?

MissPB
#37re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 8:46am

There will be some who will never find any good in anything she does. That's OK, it's unfortunately the way of this vicious, judgemental society we live in.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time"

JackiesBroJoe Profile Photo
JackiesBroJoe
#38re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 9:02am

Merman did indeed miss performances. She took the first wednesday matinee after Gypsy opened off to attend a family event.

jimnysf
#39re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 9:45am

Fantasia is no Merman.

Virgo
#40re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 9:56am

"Fantasia is no Merman."

Merman fanatic? See you make excuses for folks that you like and/or respect. Your problem with Fantasia is that you simply don't like her and are causing trouble where there is none. Even if you think she should have been on stage it still isn't HER problem it's broadway's.

Plus, you are acting like she is a Merman. The way you are carrying on about her "adoring" public as if all of broadway stops if she happens to be out for one day. Make up your little confused mind, will you?

By the way, for anyone interested www.colorpurple.com proudly has photos of Fantasia's tony performances as well as the video posted.
Updated On: 6/12/07 at 09:56 AM

jimnysf
#41re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 10:05am

LOL! Virgo, methinks you are the one who is over the top with your fantasies about Fantasia! Are you in a cult or something? Admit she was wrong by dissapointing her fans who came all the way to Broadway to see her. It's true. Like it or not. And if Ethel missed one show in decades of performing, that's OK. Ms. Fantasia has just begun and she has missed two.

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#42re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 10:10am

Jimmy, I usually like you, but you're pretty obnoxious on this thread.

I'm sure Fantasia just did what she was told to do...and it was most likely the decision of the producers and Tony staff that had her skipping the performance. People who work in live TV are not going to be too hot on the idea of someone scrambling over 15 minutes after their show comes down.

If anyone is to blame, it's possibly the box office staff, for not alerting ticket buyers, but most of this probably happened last-minute.

And seriously, there's no shame in being sick once in two months. Should we talk about how many shows LaChanze missed?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#43re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 12:12pm

Jimmy's just speaking his mind.

Ever since we've been in this thread,
You keep picking on Jimmy
Makin' him insecure....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Fosse76
#44re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 1:40pm

You people are being extremely ridiculous. She's missed TWICE. Go to Hairspray, where the understudies for the Dynamites perform more than the principals, or where the swings perform for the same ensemble members repeatedly. The Color Purple has a horrible attendance record as well. Fantasia is consistently there. Must we drudge up Donna Murphy's attendance record? Laura Benanti? She was asked to perform at the Tony's, would any of you turn it down?

"First it's one, then two and before you know it she is missing more and more. I see a pattern developing here."

She's missed two shows in two months. I can list seven cast members from Hairspray and The Color Purple who have missed much more than that in the past month alone. Fantasia's absences are excusable. Show producers frequently allow performers time off to take part in other acting or singing gigs. You need to get a life.

jimnysf
#45re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 8:52pm

She better care more about her so-called fans who travelled miles to see her or she will wake up with just you few crazies still adoring her.

Virgo
#46re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 10:18pm

"or she will wake up with just you few crazies still adoring her."

As long as she has crazies like you roaming the internet posting the same thing over and over and over again she'll be just fine. Don't you feel stupid bring the only person in this thread who finds her absence inexcusable? It's so funny because you keep ranting like an insane person, people keep asking you questions, you ignore the questions and still continue to rant. Are you on drugs or something? What is up with you and Fantasia being absent when broadway actors are absent all the time as many have pointed out to you? Why do you have to problem with HER, besides being jealous that the absence was due to singing at the Tony Awards?

You really should move on, this is darn near Wednesday and you're still complaining about something that happen on Sunday.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#47re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 10:23pm

The one thing I don't get about you Virgo is - Why must you defend Fantasia EVERY SINGLE time something negative is said. Our favorite Broadway performances get bashed here all the time, but we have to let it slide sometimes.

You defend her every single second. It's all you do on here. You DON'T make any worthy contribution to this message board.
Updated On: 6/12/07 at 10:23 PM

ThankstoPhantom
#48re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 10:29pm

Jordan:

That makes no sense about the no refund for Menzel. She was specifically above the title, along with Kristin Chenoweth...or do they cancel each other out in effect (very unlikely)?

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

jimnysf
#49re: Fantasia out Sunday 6/10
Posted: 6/12/07 at 10:30pm

Virgo has issues. He/she needs to grow up and realize that it's not OK to miss work. I never do. Real pros don't. He/she needs to grow up and move on. He/she is the one who may be on drugs. How else does one describe his/her behavior?

Videos