pixeltracker

How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?- Page 2

How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?

Parks
#25re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 10:53am

Anyone else caught the show? When do reviews come out?

Also--how long is she in the show?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#26re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:11am

Though Harry Hamlin does have stage experience, Lisa Rinna has never performed on stage before. As she explained on LIVE WITH REGIS & KELLY last week -- her only acting experience came from working on soap operas. That's it.

She says that she is learning more and more at every performance and would NEVER have stepped on that stage at the Ambassador Theatre on Broadway had she not been thrown into the touring company first.

She's enjoying her run on Broadway, and feels blessed this opportunity happened for her.

Lisa Rinna & Harry Hamlin (along with Brenda Braxton, Roz Ryan and Rob Bartlett) end their run on Sunday July 29, 2007, though an extension could be possible.

re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#27re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:17pm

Wow, I didn't realize they were all leaving at the same time.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#28re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:38pm

Brenda Braxton never leaves.

And Roz and Rob return quite frequently.

Parks
#29re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 5:04am

Brenda will be playing Velma until she is 87.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

g4rat Profile Photo
g4rat
#30re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 4:32pm

|Yea, Brenda never leaves.lol

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#31re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 4:56pm

Sutton and Christian also performed onstage together. Also Idina and Taye in Wicked.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Isn't_It_Ironic Profile Photo
Isn't_It_Ironic
#32re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 6/27/07 at 2:44pm

Does anyone know what the crowds are like at the stage door after the show? Do they come out after matinees? My mom would love to be able to meet Harry Hamlin. Thanks!

Parks
#33re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 7/17/07 at 5:49pm

Anyone seen the show lately? Are they extending? Have audiences been liking or hating Lisa?

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#34re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 7/17/07 at 6:01pm

Man, Parks, whoever's arm that is in your picture...he is HOT, letmetellya...

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#35re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:51pm

Saw it last week. Most people liked Lisa. I don't know if they are extending I don't think so though.

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#36re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 7/17/07 at 11:25pm

Saw the show this past Sunday, and I was not impressed.
Harry is a delightful actor, but the singing was not all there, and the dancing is non existent. He really couldn't even shimmy. He looks great in person though. I thought lately on TV he was looking quite old, but I saw him enter the theater, and he looked great.
Lisa is a good dancer, an okay singer, but not much of an actress. Sorry. And she is way too overly tanned.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#37re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 7/17/07 at 11:36pm

They both suck. Neither can sing or dance or act.

...my two cents

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#38re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 7/18/07 at 12:20am

Yeah I wasn't terribly impressed by them either.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#39re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 7/20/07 at 12:30am

I hate to admit this, but I saw the show tonight and LOVED it. I was in the second row orchestra on the left side and seeing Lisa Rinna up close was such a thrill for me (huge Melrose Place fan here). Her dancing was excellent...LOVED "Roxie" and "Hot Honey Rag." I went in with extremely low expectations and ended up loving her performance. No, her singing isn't the greatest, but neither is Ann Reinking's...and Lisa's acting was just fine. I really enjoyed it...and the audience was loving it as well. Harry was fine...kind of bland at times, and with this role, was unable to show off his dancing skills that he learned on Dancing with the Stars, but he was fine. Certainly not the embarassment that others in this thread have cited. Brenda Braxton continues to give 100%...I am shocked that she is not walking through by now...but she was fabulous. Also enjoyed Roz Ryan's Mama Morton. If you are a fan of Lisa and/or Harry, don't miss them in this show. They just extended through August 5th.

...and the stage door was mobbed...but they both signed and took pictures with everyone waiting. Lisa was so nice...it was thrilling to meet her.

BrodyFosse123
#40re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 7/20/07 at 12:40am

Who are Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin?

Do they host some morning talk-show ala LIVE WITH REGIS & KELLY or something like this?

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#41re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 7/20/07 at 12:41am

They are extending their contracts, but until when, I don't know.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

BrodyFosse123
#42re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 7/20/07 at 12:45am

Reading IS fundamental:

Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin – have added a one-week extension to their summer engagement in Broadway’s razzle-dazzle hit, CHICAGO. Originally scheduled to play through Sunday, July 29, Rinna and Hamlin will now appear through Sunday, August 5.

DannyZuko
#43re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 8/9/07 at 7:49pm

Was she able to dance well with Velma?

ohjohnny Profile Photo
ohjohnny
#44re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
Posted: 8/9/07 at 8:44pm

Harry Hamlin was terrible and I was expecting to like him. Completely lifeless and couldn't sing at all. I had no love for Lisa Rinna going in to this, but I give her credit for trying really hard. I was sitting pretty close and I felt for her in Hot Honey Rag. You could see the sheer determination on her face. She has a pretty winning personality in the part too.

This was the first time I saw Brenda Bexton as Velma and I was completely underwhelmed. I couldn't hear her half the time and her dancing was passable but nothing great.

ETA: Though I was pleasantly surprised by Rinna, she was still a lightweight Roxie, all things considered.
Updated On: 8/9/07 at 08:44 PM

Videos