pixeltracker

LITTLE MERMAID improving- Page 2

LITTLE MERMAID improving

Mouses Magic
#25re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:23pm

B3TA07...

"If you take as little care in typing that as Disney did in making Tarzan a good musical, you must be working for them."

You yell at me for my grammar, but yet that is the most awkward sentence I have ever heard. Way to make a point. Yet it seems again we made our way to negative town. Oh well. Its Saturday night so im heading out with some friends. Have a good night everyone who was interested in the original information presented in this thread. :)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#26re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:24pm

Except not?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#27re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:26pm

Well I'm glad they are finally changing things! Although I still want "All Good Things Must End" back in the show...

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#28re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:27pm

^PM Mouse Magic, he will tell Tom Shumacher.

-Benjamin

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#29re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:28pm

Or I'll just march down to Denver and tell Tom myself!

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#30re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:43pm

Every time I wonder to myself "Why do I hate the posters at BWW so much?", someone is always kind enough to remind me.

:)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#31re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:53pm

You have such a boring life that you regularly wonder this?

-Benjamin

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#32re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:56pm

edit
Updated On: 8/11/07 at 09:56 PM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#33re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:57pm

Oh, he's quick on his feet too!

But yes, I suppose my life is boring. I'm not out seeing every show 8 times and analyzing every aspect of it. Lord knows I can't afford it.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#34re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:59pm

Me neither re: LITTLE MERMAID improving

Let's hug

-Benjamin

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#35re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 10:03pm

I love hugs.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#36re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 10:06pm

DISNEY loves to use the internet when it works in their favor, but if anyone questions their motives or choices they use stooges to turn things around.
Whether anyone thinks I am a "nice person" or not matters not to these boards.
We should be free to discuss the state of the Theatre today, good, bad and ugly.
As I have stated before, what I think will not make MERMAID a hit or not, that we will have to waut and see.
Did I have some "investment" in BATB sure, did i lose my job or livlihood, uh no,
So "Don't Cry for ME Broadwayboy"
But thanks for the sentiment.

Chat on!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#37re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 10:27pm

In this day and age where people post thoughts on broadway shows online I am not suprised disney is using moles to figure out what people like and don't like about thier show. I know that broadwayworld is a very popular broadway message board so I wouldn't be suprised if they ahd people looking here. Not saying that I work for them I don't. I wish i did it would be a nice paycheck.

That being said, I think that they are realizing some of thier problems with this show. From what I understand with the costumes I get the impression that it's the kind of thing that some people wouled like it some people won't.

I do hope that this show improves. I too have high hopes for this. I just do hope that it is good so that beauty didn't close in vane. I would be upset if the show turned out to be bad and they closed beauty for mermaid.

That being said. Do you think that there is going to be the same problem that there was with Tarzan and seating? With tarzan people were upset because they couldn't see the arieal stunts because the were too far back in the orchestra. Do you think that people will get upset if they are too close to the stage and cannot see the projections?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Boq101
#38re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/11/07 at 10:33pm

They should think about that when they choose the theatre instead of after. In the old days the set was built to fit the broadway theatre even before the show went out of town, that's why when Follies was at the Colonial in Boston, half the platforms were hidden because they were to far up, yet they were fine when the show went to the Winter Garden.

And if Mouses Magic is a mole looking into this, why is that a bad thing? Mouses Magic wouldn't be talking about changes if they weren't true, and if it helps the show the better for us anyway. Why the need to bash when people are telling us that our concerns with the show are being addressed?

outdamnwench
#39re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:07pm

If anything, we should be praising Disney for having "moles" on the site as it shows that they really do want to make a great product. Because they're Disney, they could put a dead donkey on stage with a 100 watt light bulb and still make a profit. But they're actually looking for feedback and making an attempt to create a great show.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#40re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:31pm

Boq101....The show is being blocked here in Denver for the Lunt-Fontanne.

Just give the world Love.

Jilani
#41re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/12/07 at 4:13pm

The projections really aren't a big deal. They're mainly used just to contribute to the undersea ambience, by creating the impression of waves and bubbles. I also remember them being used when Triton destroys Ariel's grotto (which looked like it was made of lucite). I don't think there will be much a concern regarding whether you sit too close to see all of the projections.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#42re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/12/07 at 5:42pm

Because they're Disney, they could put a dead donkey on stage with a 100 watt light bulb and still make a profit.

Now in the works...

Disney Presents: Eeyore - The Musical

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 8/12/07 at 05:42 PM

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#43re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/12/07 at 5:43pm

any pics yet? anyone?

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#44re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/12/07 at 9:23pm

There's a media blackout of sorts on this, because nothing is finalized yet. You'll have to wait a little longer.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#45re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/13/07 at 2:06am

When "negative" exits the room, so does perspective. Honesty is not just a word, it's a statement of truth. Of course it can be skewered. Best to take it and decipher if it is reasonable or beyond human ability to make happen.

Now, not one word on how they are going to fix my fish Scuttle's costume yet? Isn't he played by our Man from Drowsy? He deserves something, since it seems his songs aren't really great. Give the Man something decent please? Now this also is not negative, it is a cry for help. This is a grown Man in a Fish Costume. Please make him look good.

What about the troubles with Ursula's Costumes? I mean, fog is nice, if you don't have asthma, but it won't hide it if her arms look too fake or lame. Please tell them to fix this too!

Thank you for asking us what we would like to see improved, rather than asking us to pretend everything is wonderful. This attempt at censorship or disillusion causes some of us to put our money back in our pockets and go to spend it, yet again on a show we know is going to be good.

Remember too, we already have a great version of Little Mermaid on tape. Everyone hopes that those involved on the technical side will remember on stage, it is their job to help the Actors look good, so all they have to do is sing, act and dance. They can't do their job if the props don't work and distract the audience from their singing.

I just think the best approach is to see what is bothering people about the previews, positive and negative, then going back to see if it can be fixed or improved upon. This kind of thinking looks insightful and respectful. It could even make the show even better. It looks so much better than being closed minded to improvements.

Most of us here know, it is a preview. Most of us want the show to be as good as it can be. Some will never like Disney because it is delusional and misleads young people from what growing up is really like. They have their point too. If you don't like it, just read past it or debate it but keep these thoughts in mind when you do.

I'm afraid to say, after that one post of yours, you are more afraid of someone making you upset. I don't want to make you upset but your plea, when you are speaking of improvements or a review, doesn't feel right in a place like this. There will always be someone here who doesn't like what Producers do. You can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try.

**fixed it. Hopefully, so will the Producers.**
Updated On: 8/13/07 at 02:06 AM

Jilani
#46re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/13/07 at 2:17am

This is a grown Man in a Fish Costume.

Not sure what you mean by this . . . the role of Flounder is alternated by two child actors. However, I agree that the costume needs to change.

friedrichVT
#47re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/13/07 at 2:19am

Flounder is played by a little boy. Scuttle is played by Eddie Korbich of Drowsy Chaperone.

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#48re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:33am

Whoa, fixed it. Hopefully they will show Eddie some love too.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#49re: LITTLE MERMAID improving
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:35am

Eddie has two numbers to show off, does he need more love?

-Benjamin

Videos