Annaleigh Ashford Love

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#25re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 1/31/08 at 4:02pm

Haha will do!

I her to do mad props with me on Saturday (see avatar)
It was awesome haha

rewritemystory
#26re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:48pm

I like her. I thought she was good when she was with the tour.
I just don't love her. I don't think her humor is that original or her voice all that great.
She reminds me a little of Kate Reinders and Erin Mackey. Sometime she sounds a little like Christina.
I think Glinda should be more different than Margot and that she might have taken too much from her time with Legally Blonde.
And yeah--Erin is the youngest. She must have been around 19 when she became a swing on the tour. She's had fulltime in Chicago since she was twenty.

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#27re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:55pm

When did you see her? Because she has changed a LOT. There were ditzy Galinda moments, but she left Margot at the door when I saw her. She really is starting to make the character her own.

3allthatjazz
#28re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 2/2/08 at 5:11pm

Aren't there girls going wild somewhere without you?
Updated On: 3/19/08 at 05:11 PM

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#29re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 2/2/08 at 11:06pm

Oh no not at all! She really is one of the sweetest Broadway actors I have ever met! And her personality IS a lot like Margot/GAlinda in real life, so that's kinda awesome re: Annaleigh Ashford Love

Oh, and by the way she's 22 re: Annaleigh Ashford Love

you guys should check out annaleigh-ashford.com
It's her fansite re: Annaleigh Ashford Love

HIsoprano
#30re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 2/13/08 at 4:58am

I saw Annaleigh last week as Glinda; she seems to be a sincere sweetheart and I really enjoyed her work in Legally Blonde as Margot. I hate to say this, but I didn’t care for her Glinda so much. Perhaps because of her youth, she hasn’t fully developed her opera chops yet. I hope I am incorrect and she was just vocally fatigued, for the night I saw her she as lacked the high notes in “No One Mourns The Wicked” and in my opinion if you can’t hit those notes, get out of the bubble. Her popular was very spastic but all the little girls around me liked it and she missed some diction throughout Act I and lacked dynamic contrast. She did a very good job on “No One Mourns the Wicked” and seemed more comfortable in Act II. Nice hair toss.

Annaleigh is very talented and has a bright future ahead of her. This just wasn’t the performance I was expecting for Glinda but again, I feel that is in part due to her age. I agree she brought a bit to much Margot to her Glinda as I don’t see Glinda as a spacey valley girl. Again,although she has a beautiful voice, at this point due in part of her youth I don’t think she is vocally up to the level of her counterpart, Stephanie J. Block although they did have some moments of great chemistry.

I was horribly disappointed in the Margot replacement in Legally Blonde. Annaleigh's Margot was absolutely brilliant- effervescent, perky, quirky, endearing and likeable. I know she will continue to carve her niche in upcoming roles and wish her continued success.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#31re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 2/13/08 at 5:08am

The Margot replacement in LEGALLY BLONDE is serviceable, but what Annaleigh had was something very special. I don't think we can expect that from just anyone.

Annaleigh was definitely a highlight for me in LEGALLY BLONDE, along with Leslie Kritzer. The two of them made a great pair on stage together.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#32re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 2/13/08 at 11:28am

well when i saw rent last may or june..(can't remember) haven (the new margot) looked dead on stage so it doesn't surprise me that she is like that in legally blonde

HIsoprano
#33re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 2/14/08 at 4:55am

In responce to "Wanna Be A Foster"'s comments re: serviceable performances.

A "serviceable" performance is a disservice to a Broadway Caliber show, not to mention an insult to an intelligent audience member as well as her cast mates that have displayed the professionalism to be on stage. LBB is on stage 95% of the time giving it 110%!

If the expectation has merely boiled down to “serviceable”, I hence no longer will have qualms about investing my dollars in non-equity-for-profit shows that come through on tour.

The bottom line is that it’s Broadway; people centralize to this Mecca of professional theatre whether by crossing cities, states, countries, oceans or continents by auto, bus, train or plane to see a cast is full of quadruple threats that make it worth the while for their sacrificial investment of time and money. If the theater boasts that it employs actors that have earned their rights and paid their dues to be “professionals” members of the Actors Equity Union, I expect none less than a professional performance on stage and through maturity and class to submit a professional bio.

Annaleigh was a fabulous Margot. I look forward to seeing more of her work.

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#34re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/9/08 at 9:13pm

Bumping with this picture of Annaleigh during Thank Goodness...it was never released via internet but it's out in front of the Gershwin:

http://annaleigh-ashford.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/16kxeec.png

rich.hanson59
#35re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/17/08 at 3:39pm

Does anyone know when Annaleigh Ashford is leaving? I read somewhere that Kendra is coming back (Ugh!)

greybaby231 Profile Photo
greybaby231
#36re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/17/08 at 3:48pm

She sounds amazing with Stephanie J. Block. Personally, I think they sound just as good if not better than Menzel/Chenoweth. The acting, though, she struggles slightly. I have faith that she will find the perfect balance in her acting. She's probably just so used to playing a dumb blonde that she can't quite grasp Galinda.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#37re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/17/08 at 4:03pm

If Annaleigh can't quite grasp the character of Glinda after playing her for several months on Broadway and understudying the role on tour, then maybe it's better that she's leaving.

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#38re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/17/08 at 4:16pm

I think Annaleigh is greatre: Annaleigh Ashford Love

I loved her in LB. She took a small role and mad it something more.I haven't gotten to see her in Wicked, but from what my friends have told me and what I've seen in videos, she's awesome.

She really is one of the sweetest actors you'll meet at a stage door. She always seems so happy to have her fans there.

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#39re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/17/08 at 4:23pm

Annaleigh is great, but I didn't think she was that great in Wicked. I think my favorite Glinda so far has been Christina DiCicco. I've only seen her, Annaleigh, and Kendra.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

tonytonytony Profile Photo
tonytonytony
#40re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/17/08 at 4:29pm

Annaleigh stood out the first time I saw Legally Blonde (and each of the 3 other times I saw it as well). I made a point to get to see her in Wicked and was loving her from the minute she began! BIG FAN ! ! !

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#41re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/17/08 at 7:50pm

I love Annaleigh as a performer and person. One of the sweetest, if not THE sweetest performer I’ve ever met.

Is anyone planning on seeing her perform at Birdland on April 7th? I really wish I could make it, but I can't.

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#42re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/17/08 at 10:36pm

Yeah I wish I could go too! But I won't be able to.

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#43re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/17/08 at 10:38pm

How did I not know she had an upcoming show at Birdland?

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#44re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/18/08 at 6:59pm

Dunno, but April 7th! ahh. So jealous at whoever is going.

outdamnwench
#45re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/18/08 at 7:28pm

I haven't seen AA, but from what I've heard and seen on that site, her and SJB have awesome chemistry, and their voices blend so well together. There are a few pairs (Megan & Sho) who have awesome chemistry, but their voices just don't fit together very well.

diva19
#46re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/22/08 at 1:45pm

I just got an invitation on myspace for a profile advertising her show at Birdland. The picture on her flier is so pretty. Not sure how to post it, but the page is myspace.com/annaleighashford. Im going to try to go. The article about it on BWW said she's singing Doris Day to Janis Joplin, different from everything I've seen her do so far.

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#47re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/22/08 at 4:28pm

Yeah. I saw them and they're gorgeous.

re: Annaleigh Ashford Love

and here are some others of her from the photo shoot:

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#48re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/22/08 at 5:30pm

whoa... where'd you get those pictures? I've never seen them before.

I found two new pictures (two new headshots) that haven't been posted yet, but don't know how to post them!

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#49re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 3/22/08 at 6:11pm

send us the link! I'll figure it out.

and a friend sent me a link to Annaleigh's photographer-friend's myspace. Don't know how my friend found the myspace.

Videos