Annaleigh Ashford Love

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#1Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 1:29pm

I just thought she deserved a thread. So any Annaleigh lovers out there, post here.

I'll start:
I thought she was wonderful in LB, and I was thrilled when the Wicked news broke. I'm still plotting a way to see her in it...

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#2re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 2:02pm

Love this girl!
She got great reviews when she went on for Kendra on the tour, I'm sure she will just as good on Broadway!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#2re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 2:34pm

She got great reviews when she went on for Kendra on the tour

I guess I read different reviews from the fans; the general consensus seemed to be that she was lost with the comedy and brought nothing to the table as Glinda.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#3re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 2:36pm

"I guess I read different reviews from the fans; the general consensus seemed to be that she was lost with the comedy and brought nothing to the table as Glinda."

This was (and still is) my opinion as well...

Annaleigh was wonderful in Legally Blonde though!
Updated On: 10/21/07 at 02:36 PM

Andante Profile Photo
Andante
#4re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 2:37pm

Annaleigh was so funny in Legally Blonde- worried about her in Wicked, though.

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#5re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 2:39pm

How is she doing in WICKED by the way?

bwayguy22089
#6re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 3:04pm

I saw her third performance. Absolutely gorgeous voice. She was still trying to find the character though. As the performance went on she got better and better. I'm sure she will be fine. Her and Stephs "For Good" was the most beautiful I've ever heard...and I've seen the show 8 times.

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#7re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 3:41pm

I've seen her twice now (I had tickets and then won lotto a few days before) - and she VASTLY improved from Thursday even to Saturday. She's really starting to get a grip on it and was very funny on Saturday - actually stopped the show twice because the audience applauded her delivery. Her voice is really lovely as well. I wouldn't say she's my favorite Glinda but she's really very cute and I feel like she'll only get better and better.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#8re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 4:28pm

I loved all her expressions and delivery of lines in Legally Blonde. I wish I could see her in Wicked.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

cunegande2
#9re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 4:30pm

I haven't been lucky enough to see her live but I did see Legally Blonde on MTV and she was excellent

Please, don't let me be normal!

longshadowsfalling Profile Photo
longshadowsfalling
#10re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 6:26pm

I LOVE Annaleigh!

I first heard her in Feeling Electric at the NYMF and was blown away. I'm so sad that she's not going to be reprising the role at Second Stage.

"Have you ever had a dream you'd rather kill yourself than not believe?"- Ripley

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#11re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 6:39pm

I love her, she's so adorable.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#12re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 7:07pm

She's one of those people you just know you're going to continue hearing about and she's so young that I imagine she'll only get better. I think she's the youngest Glinda they've had yet.

Yankeefan007
#13re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 7:08pm

How old is she?

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#14re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 7:23pm

I think she's 24 tops.

jake6970
#15re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 7:24pm

She's 22 i think, maybe 23.

BwayLeadman
#16re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 8:25pm

she's so cute. my eyes were on her for most of LB

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#17re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 8:30pm

Yeah she's almost 22 or just turned it. I loved her in LB and can't wait to see Wicked in December.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#18re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 11:23pm

She was SO funny in Legally Blonde I thought, and seemed a perfect fit for the look and comedy of Glinda... but I heard not so much... could anyone clarify what the problem with her is... and if she's improved since the tour... how so?

kmc

Jesus saves. I spend.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#19re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 11:33pm

From my perspective, Ashford wasn't really going for much substance in the role (though I too hear she is making significant progress.)

I got the impression that her main goal was to get cheap laughs and look cute in the process, which got old quite quickly. When the time came for the "progession" of the character in Act Two (or really the posibility of anything non-spastic in Act One), the emotion and maturity just wasn't there for me.

On the plus side, she has a gorgeous voice and very solid chemistry with Stephanie Block. I'm sure she'll get a firmer grasp on her portrayal with more time.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

theminutepast
#20re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 10/21/07 at 11:44pm

Most Glindas are like that: spastic in Act One and then struggle to assert themselves as real people with a real journey to make.

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#21re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 1/31/08 at 6:45am

I saw her last Saturday and she was FANTASTIC! She has improved so much! And I guess she tried a new toss-toss during Popular and Stephanie lost it! It was really funny. She kinda just did the Hilty "toss-toss no hands" for her toss-toss, but in a difference way. Pretty funny. Oh, and another funny quirk about her performance: legs. She's obsessed with her not-so-stellar flexibility, and she kept lifting her legs up and stuff during Popular and it was so funny! Especially when she was turning the "simple frock into a magnificent ball gown." She lift up her leg like an ice skater for that. It was just something funny that I've haven't seen too much. And her 2nd act Glinda was so touching, and their chemistry was amazing. She has definitley improved since the beginning.

Oh, and do everyone who says Annaleigh is the youngest Glinda - Erin Mackey is younger. She's 21, turning 22 in the Spring.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#22re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 1/31/08 at 8:40am

She was an amazing Glinda! Probably my favorite out of the two I've seen.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#23re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 1/31/08 at 9:00am

I thought she was horrible. I saw the show two weeks ago.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#24re: Annaleigh Ashford Love
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:46am

Mad props for Annaleigh Ashford Love!
I think she is wonderful, and loved her in Legally Blonde and cannot wait to see her later on this month in Wicked! re: Annaleigh Ashford Love

Let out your inner freak, you Annaleigh Ashford fans! re: Annaleigh Ashford Love

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Videos