pixeltracker

For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two months:- Page 2

For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two months:

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#25re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 7:25pm

Sending a letter to local One is as useless as a screen door on a submarine

Save your postage.

Poster Emeritus

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#26re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 7:26pm

As people have already said, of the kids walking away crying haven't done anything then what will a bunch of complaints from teens/adults do? A friend of mine works down there and he has said the hardest part was just watching the little kids walk away crying. Like someone has said, they already know the amount of people this is effecting. There's no need for this. It's not going to settle the matter.

I myself have not bought ticket's to anything recently knowing this would eventually take place. I'll wait until a new contract is formed before I purchase a ticket.
Updated On: 11/11/07 at 07:26 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#27re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 8:22pm

I am flying in from Denver on Dec. 5th. Already have my plane ticket so I can't change plans. Am supposed to see "August: Osage County" on Dec. 6th. I didn't buy any more tickets knowing a strike was looming. And for the record, I think there are "issues" on both sides of this. No one side is right in my opinion.

Just give the world Love.

LadyRosecoe
#28re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 8:31pm

Good idea StageFan. See Die Mommie Die instead!

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#29re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 8:31pm

There are shows that are not affected by the strike. I have tixs for Legally Blond for 11/18.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#30re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 8:32pm

Spring Awakening - 12/1 Evening

homeonstage
#31re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 8:55pm

Despite the fact this is pointless-

A Chorus Line 11/10- refunded
The Little Mermaid 11/18
Spring Awakening 12/9

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#32re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 9:12pm

Who knows if this will help,

I have 2 tickets to Cyrano de Bergerac for the November 21 evening performance.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#33re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 9:20pm

I can understand one having a pov because they are involved directly with the situation or have truly informed themselves of all the facts.

But what's annoying are all the people who have adopted stances, some downright hateful, JUST because they aren't getting to see their favorite show. Some even abandoning their usual stances and logic on these issues.

It's amazing how so many people claim to love theatre, but can't have more respect for the people who make that theatre happen.

Yankeefan007
#34re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 9:21pm

Okay, it's official.

Everyone here is oblivious.

Don't you people actually realize that writing letters won't help? Everyone involved already knows of the consequences. Telling them again is a gross waste of time and postage. Updated On: 11/11/07 at 09:21 PM

CJR
#35re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 9:22pm

Please tell me that you're kidding. This is about FAR bigger things than inconveniencing those of you who have tickets to shows. It has already been announced that refunds and exchanges will be made available.

You being pissed that you've missed your show isn't going to help solve anything.

And I second everything jerby just said -- especially this:
It's amazing how so many people claim to love theatre, but can't have more respect for the people who make that theatre happen.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#36re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 9:24pm

Everyone with tickets can get a refund. Thousands of us are out of work. So, some of you can just climb down off that crucifix--somebody needs the wood.

ThankstoPhantom
#37re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 9:24pm

Quit boo-hooing...get your refunds. They obviously know what they are doing. It may have shocked the average joe, but that's probably what they were going for.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#38re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 9:35pm

They KNOW already.

They are picketing in front of the theatres where they meet their audiences FACE TO FACE...EVERY SHOW...and see the children crying and the adults pissed off.

You're gonna send a letter with a list of BWW names? That is SO less significant than what they're seeing on the picket lines.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#39re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 9:40pm

Apparently people don't grasp the fact they the union knows exactly what they are doing.

For those who are local, just exchange them for a later date. It's not like you can't get back to see it ever.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#40re: For everyone with tickets to ANY Broadway show within the next two mont
Posted: 11/11/07 at 10:05pm

what's the good about sending a letter? Will that stop the strike?

Videos