pixeltracker

LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW- Page 2

LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#25re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 1:52am

While LBB isn't really a name, the show was carried by the fame from the movie. Once that wears off, they will need a new draw and it should be through their leading lady. While I hate stunt casting, I HATE reality tv casting even more so I'm kind of hoping they scrap this idea and find a capable "star" to take over as Elle. I would have loved to see Kristen Bell though...dang.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#26re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 9:33am

Grandmotel, you hit the nail on the head. The problem with this reality show, (besides the genre which makes most people sick), is that really, who cares who is going to replace Elle Woods/Bundy. And it does seem a day late and a dollar short. I'm curious to see what happens but going off of what "didn't" happen when it aired on Mtv multiple times, how exactly is this going to spike interest? I'm not of the mind that Blonde is going anywhere anytime soon but this seems desperate.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#27re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 11:46am

Its a bit of a gamble as well as the role of Elle as a very hard one for someone to repeat 8 times a week

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#28re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 11:52am

Granted, I only saw this show on MTV, but I can't imagine it would make any difference whether Laura Bundy or Peg Bundy or Peg Woffington played Elle. It's the most disposable and insignificant show I've ever seen...though in fairness I haven't seen that much.

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#29re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 1:05pm

songanddanceman2, you make a good point. That is a VERY hard role to sing 8 times a week.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#30re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 1:28pm

lildogs even if you hate the show that is one hell of a challenging role.Its non stop and shes barely off stage

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#31re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 1:32pm

I'm with Bree and Grandmotel. Why would this create any excitement? Why make this show? I'm actually asking and not being snarky because it doesn't sound exciting at all. I also wouldn't know how difficult the Elle Woods role is but Becky Gulsvig makes it look and *sound* alot easier than Laura Bell does. Maybe it's too difficult for her.

bestfreakinshoes
#32re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 1:53pm

but Becky Gulsvig makes it look and *sound* alot easier than Laura Bell does. Maybe it's too difficult for her.

Maybe it's because she's not doing it 8 times a week like LBB is.

I just feel bad for the other talented actors in this show. Michael Rupert has won a Tony for goodness sake. (Although, I guess the new Elle won't start until after their six month contracts are up, so there could be a complete overhaul of the cast.)

Updated On: 1/14/08 at 01:53 PM

Grand Motel Profile Photo
Grand Motel
#33re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 2:16pm

Careful, it's the angry newbie Bestfreakinshoes and as you can tell by the screen name, Blonde and Bundy are topics that are untouchable. Gulsvig has been on multiple times in a row and by all accounts has been consistently good. This isn't a thread about Bundy vs. anyone, it's about what we think of the reality show they're planning.

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#34re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 3:59pm

Becky has gone on four shows in a row and never showed any wear or tear. I think she's actually almost done a full show week, but I can't be sure.

Nonetheless, she is fantastic, although LBB has been stepping it up a notch lately and the note has been consistently good.

I do think that come the end of July, many of the original cast will be departing. I'd be shocked if Orfeh or Christian Borle stuck around.

But back to the reality show...I think it will make for amusing television but the outcome wont' be so enjoyable.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#35re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 4:33pm

Sorry, songanddance--I don't see it as a challenging role--it's just large.

It's not a huge musical challenge, other than quantity of material, dancing is almost non-existent and the acting...well, if your big scene involves exposing a perm, I don't know that it's quite the same as trying to pull off a "Rose's Turn" or "In Buddy's Eyes."

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#36re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 4:35pm

Stupid idea. I hope this gets trashed somehow between now and when its supposed to start. Elle is one of the most vocally and physically demanding tracks for a female on Broadway, you're onstage for 98% of the show and singing for 90% of it. To throw some amateur bimbo from Kansas onstage is akin to tossing an infant into a pool without floaties.

Bad idea.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#37re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 4:37pm

lildogs, I assume you don't (unless your Patti LuPone) belt Rose's Turn, or Buddy's Eyes.... Elle requires a lot of different vocal techniques, including some HIGH belting.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#38re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 4:46pm

Once again, the notes may be high, but that's no indicator of difficulty. Too many people fall into this idea that as long as the notes are hit, the song is being performed.

And to be honest, you're going to have a hard time convincing me (or anyone else) that any number of women could play this role in her sleep.

wickedmenzel318 Profile Photo
wickedmenzel318
#39re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 4:59pm

My friend is interested in auditioning at the Orlando stop next monday but we are confused on what to prepare. I have been to regular auditions and stuff but there is nothing for what they are looking for. Are they asking to sing from the show or another song. If anyone can help that would be awesome
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/114246.html

DaneSaw
#40re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 5:23pm

Since the sheet music for the songs is not yet available (as far as I know), I'd assume it's a bring-your-own-song kind of thing. Unless they give you music form the show there to sing.

shesamarshmallow
#41re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 5:31pm

Guys, remember that all the contestants on the Grease show, though unknowns, were experienced and talented (even if it didn't come across on the television) performers. I'm sure there are 12 unknown blondes fully capable of performing that role scattered across America and even in the New York area.

What I'm not sure about is whether they'd actually audition and put themselves through such an idiotic process. But the Grease kids have been doing pretty well for themselves (in Hairspray, Altar Boyz, Tale of Two Cities, and their great NYMF shows) and some people need the exposure.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#42re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 5:34pm

And they don't even have to be blonde...

shesamarshmallow
#43re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 5:52pm

Well, of course. I mean, there's the requisite makeover episode around #3, right? I'm sure there'll be bleach and peroxide aplenty.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

DramaQueen700 Profile Photo
DramaQueen700
#44re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/15/08 at 9:42pm

Okay, so at first there were both a Florida audition and a NYC audition, but on the Playill.com article it only mentions the Florida audition. Do you think thats because the New York auditions were TBA, and Playbill was only reporting on what info was out there? Or are the New York auditions cancelled?!

"The Light in the Piazza....My Love"

DramaQueen700
#45re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/16/08 at 1:33pm

bump

courtney4
#46re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:08pm

As much as I love Legally Blonde, I really think the show is going to close after Laura Bell leaves, so I don't see the point in making a reality show out of this. Not to mention it's bad idea.

Just put Becky in after LBB leaves....if the show lasts that long.

DramaQueen700
#47re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/16/08 at 8:02pm

so no one knows anything about th NNYC auditions?

wickedmenzel318 Profile Photo
wickedmenzel318
#48re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/16/08 at 8:11pm

Ya or any more info on the Orlando audition like what to prepare.

theminutepast
#49re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 12:14pm

At first I was appalled by this concept. Now I'm more neutral. When you think about Grease, the majority of people going to it are not looking for an enlightening, meaningful experience. The same is true for Legally Blonde. I doubt that reality show casting would ever happen for something like Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, etc. because the reality show crowd just doesn't go to those. I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's not hurting Broadway because Legally Blonde and Grease are already flat shows whose non-existent creative potential could not be hurt by a reality show star. Does that make sense to anyone? I feel like I'm not quite articulating my point right but hopefully it will make sense to someone.

Videos