LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW

Deycallmemimi2
#1LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:21pm

I don't know if this has been reported all ready or not, but it looks like LEGALLY BLONDE is going to have its next ELLE cast via a reality show. A friend of mine called me from LA saying that she is going in for the show...I am not sure if the viewers are casting the lead ala YOU ARE THE ONE THAT I WANT, but my friend told me the series will be more like a Project Runway where the contestants will have to participate in ELLE CHALLENGES, with a different contestant being voted off each week with the final contestant being offered the role of ELLE.

It seems like this can be a smart idea, the MTV airing all ready raised awareness about the show, it seems like it can be a great way of getting a box office boost once the winner goes into the show...Any thoughts?

Updated On: 1/13/08 at 12:21 PM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:25pm

Old news.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#2re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:31pm

Is there audition info on mtv.com?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#3re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:32pm

God this makes me wanna vomet.

I am so against the idea of reality shows and Broadway.

There are already two people who are in the cast that are capable and should take over the role when Bundy leaves. I am of course talking abut Haven Burton and the other actress who tends to go on for Bundy most of the time she is out.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#4re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:34pm

If they find a good replacement, then I'm all for it. It should be fun!

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#5re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:38pm

I agree with Winston, I wish they would consider letting Becky take over, although perhaps she is leaving as well and it is just not known?

While this is a smart move on the producers part, it could also have a hugely negative impact if the reality show backfires and the new Elle is less than capable.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#6re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:38pm

I actually hadn't heard about this. Interesting. I'll totes watch it.

winston, it's "vomit."

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#7re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:44pm

I am so against the idea of reality shows and Broadway.

There are already two people who are in the cast that are capable and should take over the role when Bundy leaves. I am of course talking abut Haven Burton and the other actress who tends to go on for Bundy most of the time she is out.

And will either of them sell tickets? No.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#8re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:57pm

"While this is a smart move on the producers part, it could also have a hugely negative impact if the reality show backfires and the new Elle is less than capable."

That would be terrible. Maybe one of the challenges will be to go on one night as Elle and see how they do. Like once it gets down to the top 2 or 3. Or something similar to that...
Updated On: 1/13/08 at 12:57 PM

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#9re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:22pm

sources?
i havent heard that but i dont think it sounds too promising.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

commasplice
#10re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:36pm

What ever happened to the talk of Kristen Bell taking over Elle? Or was that just talk?

bestfreakinshoes
#11re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:55pm

Ignore me.

Updated On: 1/13/08 at 01:55 PM

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#12re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 2:27pm

They're doing everything to keep this show running. This could help a great deal. Though I'll still have an interest in the show after Bundy leaves, I'm not sure I will see it again.

DramaQueen700 Profile Photo
DramaQueen700
#13re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 4:46pm

where is the audition info?!?!?!

"The Light in the Piazza....My Love"

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#14re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 4:51pm

I'm guessing Kristen Bell is tied up with HEROES (or well, on hold waiting for the writer's strike to end). A pity since she would have made the character far more interesting and exciting than Laura Bland Bundy could ever hope for.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#15re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 4:53pm

The producers are so smart doing this and will give LB a very healthy run, But im not a fan of reality casting...but hey

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

DramaQueen700
#16re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:06pm

again, any audition info anywhere???

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#17re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:09pm

While this is a smart move on the producers part, it could also have a hugely negative impact if the reality show backfires and the new Elle is less than capable.

I agree that it was a smart move, however I don't think it woulc have a negative impact. Grease anyone? The series wasn't that huge. And personally, I don't think Max and Laura are that great. So reguardless if whoever the cast can keep the show together, it will still sell tickets because people will be paing to see the girl they watched/voted for.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#18re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:09pm

Ugh. Like they can't find a replacement the good old fashioned way.

I KNOW that B'way is a business and all, and I suppose it's hard to resist since Grease is raking in the money even though the show is like watching a HS production. BUT, why must we bow down to the almighty dollar???? (That's a line from a really bad scene I subject my 7th graders to. (

Sorry. I'm done. (I hate reality TV.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 1/13/08 at 05:09 PM

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#19re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:10pm

But I do believe that Grease is actually doing very well is it not?

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Grand Motel Profile Photo
Grand Motel
#20re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:12pm

Somethingwicked, Bundy isn't exactly a box office draw so I'm not sure what your point was re Gulsvig and Burton. If they had been smart enough to make Legally Blonde the 'star' a la Wicked, they wouldn't need a reality show based on finding the next Elle Woods. I don't know how much help this will be so late in the run.

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#21re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:57pm

who wanted the audition info? Well, here's the cached text from the original thread:

http://tinyurl.com/3b25sz

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#22re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 7:55pm

I read an interview where Kristen Bell said she had talked to the producers, but the timing was wrong. 'Tis a shame. Kristen Bell is the ONLY person in the world for whom I would go see this show.

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#23re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/13/08 at 10:35pm

I haven't seen Grease, but I assume it's doing well mostly because... well, it's Grease? If a tourist is looking for a "safe" show that they can bring their kids/teens to, where the music is familiar, Grease is a viable choice.

DramaQueen700
#24re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/14/08 at 12:18am

any updated info for the NY auditions? It says TBA...anyone know anything?

Videos