pixeltracker

Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd- Page 2

Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd

withoutyou08
#25re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:43pm

is the cast really that bad? i was planning on trying lottery this weekend lol. maybe ill hold off on that.

what if susan blackwell hung out with boq, trekkie monster, the SOL soloist#2, and the piragua guy on a daily basis?

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#26re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 2:32am

On the subject of odd pairings, look at Lisa Brescia and Annaleigh Ashford. Lisa is the best Elphaba in terms of acting and Annaleigh is one of the worst Glindas. And yet somehow they had amazing chemisty.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#27re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 6:49am

I enjoyed a Alli Mauzey a great deal- I thought she was wonderful and did a lot to make the role unique.

Marcie Dodd, on the other hand, was dull and boring. She would make a fine standby, but doesn't have the pizzazz or "umph" to play it full time. I was incredibly disappointed in the blandness of her performance. It doesn't help that she and Mauzey have no chemistry and are performing in completely different shows,

Kevin Kern is at least 10 years too old to play Fiyero. His voice isn't great, and his dancing is subpar. Aaron can't return fast enough, for me.

Brynn, however, is wonderful as Nessa. Very intense performance.

Worst cast EVER? Probably not, but certainly not the greatest. Far too ho-hum right now.

PiraguaGuy2
#28re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 8:18am

I can't wait to see how Nicole does in the role.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

DefyGravity777
#29re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 1:59pm

I have just seen the show on Sunday and after having seen this cast on most of their first night in Nov., the show I saw was 100 times better on Sunday.

Alli's first night I absolutely did not like her at all. She was too opera-fied to me. And she had this weird habit of ALWAYS sticking her tongue out when she sang which distracted me. On Sunday I liked her alot better. No more opera-fied singing and I didn't notice the tongue as much. She's by no means my favorite Glinda but I did enjoy her this time.

Marcie's first night I absolutely loved her. She is a very angry Elphaba which I love but she has layers also. She reminds me so much of Stephanie J. Block and Julie Reiber(Who both happen to be my favorite) rolled into one person and I think that's why I love her so much. She can deff sing and is perhaps the best actress I have seen in the role.

Brynn first night I loved her too and I did on Sunday. She is a killer Nessa. She is also one of the sweetest people at SD. It was pouring and she was out there chatting with us for a good 10 minutes.

Kevin's first night I didn't like him and I still don't like him. He's way too old for one thing and his voice is way to soft. In As Long As Your Mine I couldn't even hear him singing as Marcie was drowning him out(I don't even want to think about what he sounds like with Julie who is one of the loudest singers I ever heard). That whole scene was just kind of creepy.

The chemistry with the cast is way better than it was the their first night but nothing like I have seen with other casts.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

swimmingzeppo
#30re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 2:43pm

Does anyone know when Aaron will be back and for how long? Oh, and why did he leave for this short period of time??

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#31re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 2:48pm

Aaron's coming back in january, but he's currently performing in "Next To Normal" right now.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#32re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 4:14pm

Aaron returns on January 20.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#33re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 4:35pm

"and Annaleigh is one of the worst Glindas."

Is that a joke?

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#34re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 5:55pm

No. Her performance as Glinda is a joke. She can't hit the high notes, she has an obnoxious childish pout during the entire show, there's no transformation between acts 1 and 2, and she delivers her lines like a 3-year-old.
Updated On: 12/2/08 at 05:55 PM

WishingOnlyWounds2
#35re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 5:59pm

I must disagree. I thought she was hilarious! Loved her voice and her acting was amazing! I know many people who will also disagree with you!

Maybe you saw her on a off night.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#36re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 6:01pm

I had the misfortune of seeing her three times. I know many people who would agree with me too. To each their own.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#37re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 6:11pm

I didn't like Annaleigh either. You're not alone.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#38re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/2/08 at 6:23pm

One odd pair I saw was Eden Espinosa and Kate Reindeers. Eden is one of my favorite Elphabas, but Kate was the worst Glinda I have ever seen.

Same with Stephanie and Kendra. I think Stephanie is the best Elphaba there ever was, but unfortunately Kendra was a huge disappointment.

I adore Annaleigh and I'm sorry not everyone agrees. I feel extremely lucky to have seen her with Stephanie. Now there's a great pair right there.

Lisa grew on me I think. I like her voice, but she definitely was not the best in terms of acting.

It's all a matter of different tastes and opinion though, so to each their own.

I am sorry to hear that so many people are not enjoying Alli and Marcie. Looks like I won't be seeing the show for awhile either.

EbonyEyez
#39re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/3/08 at 4:34pm

Aww I'm really sadened to see that many of you aren't enjoying Marcie and Alli. I've seen them twice so far and the first time I couldn't get over how amazing Marcie was. Looking on you tube, I think she is by far one of the best actresses that has been in the role. She really does have an honesty and pureness that makes it work. Her voice is off the charts too. I wasn't impressed by Alli the first time I saw her but I enjoyed her so much more the second time. I think Kevin isn't a bad Fiyero. True, his voice isn't that strong but he's not that bad. I think it's worth going to see re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#40re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/3/08 at 4:41pm

legally_popular, I completely agree with you about Steph/Kendra & Steph/Annaleigh.

I don't have tickets to see Marcie & Alli until Marcie's last week.

lesmis Profile Photo
lesmis
#41re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/3/08 at 5:04pm

I am confused. I have tickets for 1/27- will I see Nicole Marcie and Aaron then?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#42re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/3/08 at 5:07pm

You'll see Alli and Aaron. However, Marcie will have left by then, and Nicole Parker will have assumed the role of Elphaba.

DefyGravity777
#43re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/3/08 at 6:07pm

"I adore Annaleigh and I'm sorry not everyone agrees. I feel extremely lucky to have seen her with Stephanie. Now there's a great pair right there."

I totally agree with you. I have seen Steph and Annaleigh 8 times together and have yet to find anyone with half the chemistry that they had. Only Kerry Ellis and Katie Adams came close to it. I think that Julie Reiber and Katie Adams would have great chemistry also but I never have seen them together onstage(Just at some benefits where they have the most emotional For Good I ever heard)

Madcap Maisie Profile Photo
Madcap Maisie
#44re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/5/08 at 1:31pm

"You know what really makes me mad? When girls think they can sing just because they are on the Disney Channel."
Updated On: 6/12/20 at 01:31 PM

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#45re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/5/08 at 9:20pm

I remember Allie from High school show choir! I remember her singing " Tears in Heaven" and blowing everyone away! Maby its just not the right part for her cause, girl has skills!

CPat6783
#46re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/10/08 at 7:46pm

I saw Wicked for the 6th time on 12/2 with Dodd and Mauzey and I must say I agree with most in that Mauzeys performance was semi-lacking acting wise. So many of the typical lines that make people laugh were just completely dull and had very little to almost no audience reaction. Her popular was probably her strongest part of the show acting wise though. I give her credit though for her voice. I really enjoyed it her singing alot. I wish Julie Reiber and Lindsay Northen would get moved up, that would be killer!

I had low expectations of Dodd from seeing some of her tour and LA videos. I was also hoping for Julie R to be full time. I however was definitely blown away by Marcie. She has a great voice IMO and did killer riffs on DG and NGD. Her Wizard and I was the only thing that really didn't appeal to me, because she doesn't do anything special with the last note. Id really like to see Julie again sometime soon, but it seems Marcie has excellent attendance unlike Kerry.

DefyGravity777
#47re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/11/08 at 7:50am

"I wish Julie Reiber and Lindsay Northen would get moved up, that would be killer!"

They are my dream pair but sadly I will not get to see my dream pair re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd.

bwayguy22089
#48re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/11/08 at 1:49pm

Oh that's funny. I LOVE how she doesn't do much with the last note in The Wizard and I. It sounds so powerful I think. To each his/her own though re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd

Videos