Ellen Greene

FindingNamo
#25re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/30/08 at 3:52pm

The world just doesn't see enough women performers doing covers of Alice Cooper ballads.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#26re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/30/08 at 4:26pm

She would've been wonderful as Paulette.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#27re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/30/08 at 7:02pm

Her "Only Women Bleed" is actually pretty great. Surprisingly.

TheKryptoniteKid Profile Photo
TheKryptoniteKid
#27re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/30/08 at 7:34pm

I love Ellen in STEPPING OUT, which also stars Liza, Andrea Martin, Bill Irwin and Julie Walters. I've got the film on VHS but it's never been released on DVD. Being a pan-and-scan copy, I'm missing half the film!

Musical Director
#28re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/30/08 at 7:57pm

I did a production of OLIVER at Northstage in Beverly Massachusetts about 8 years ago, and she played Nancy. A wonderful production directed by Jack Hofsis. What a sweet woman, and a powerful performer. We did an AIDS benefit during the run of that show, and she teamed up with one of the guys from the chorus and sang "Suddenly Seymour" !! It was fabulous!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#29re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/30/08 at 8:06pm

She's also terrific in NEXT STOP GREENWICH VILLAGE, a great movie about a young actor's strugg;e in New York City in the 50's.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#30re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/31/08 at 10:19am

WOW!

Just...WOW!

Makes it seem like there is no real talent on stage today by comparison. Seriously...who comes close to performaing like that?

We love you Ellen! Come see us sometime soon!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

sparrman
#31re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/31/08 at 10:31am

I think she sounds like crap in "Hey Mr. Producer", but I guess she was just sick. She was great in the cast album and movie.

East Village Profile Photo
East Village
#32re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/31/08 at 10:41am

Doesn't she have really bad stage fright or some such anxiety that keeps her from performing -- or was that just an internet rumor?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#33re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/31/08 at 12:04pm

She gave up singing for a period of time, until she met Christian Klikovits.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

marknyc Profile Photo
marknyc
#34re: Ellen Greene
Posted: 12/31/08 at 1:24pm

I've heard stories about Ellen having problems - I'm told she was in rehearsals for "Guys and Dolls" before being replaced by Faith Prince. True?

Videos