pixeltracker

Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also the new Elle?- Page 2

Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also the new Elle?

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#25re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/9/09 at 10:53pm

1.Why new costumes as Nick Dalton mentioned?

I think he was referring to the fact that Mamie is going to be wearing Orfeh's costumes.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

hmpeterson Profile Photo
hmpeterson
#26re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/9/09 at 11:13pm

I'm with philly03 that when I saw it in Philly it was very sharp and a great performance by the entire cast. (Except the Emmitt...I was still disappointed with him.)

Anyway, I hope they can pull it together and very curious to see what you think of Lauren and Rhiannon as Elle.

theminutepast
#27re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/9/09 at 11:31pm

Rhiannon is still out, right? She broke her tibia a few weeks ago.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#28re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/9/09 at 11:36pm

Lauren was a great Elle! I really enjoyed her performance a lot.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#29re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/9/09 at 11:38pm

I assume they have to hire someone, right? They can't go two weeks with no cover for Elle. What if something were to happen to Lauren Zakrin before Becky Gulsvig is able to return? They must be bringing someone in, or training someone from the ensemble.

Harpz2006
#30re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/9/09 at 11:51pm

Obsessedjb, can we get some juicy details? How was "So Much Better," her comedic timing, etc.? Thanks so much:).

DCfan
#31re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 12:01am

Just saw Legally Blonde in DC with Lauren as Elle. I definitely did not expect that (I had been rooting for her on the MTV show and was pretty excited to see her...)! I am guessing it was one of the first times that she was doing the part on the tour?

She was adorable, but it definitely felt like she was new to the part. I didn't even recognize her at first because her voice was so high - the people in charge definitely have one specific way they want those lines read, but she kind of fell back into her normal voice here and there when she got more "serious." Her singing voice sounded a lot different than it did on the show, maybe it was the added perkiness. But she kicked butt on "Legally Blonde," so I was very happy. I did notice some of the lines in the songs seemed rushed though, not quite on the music, so hopefully that will get worked out. My friend also pointed out that "Emmett" appeared to keep trying to smooch Lauren at the end of the show during curtain call but she was not having it. heh. She's got such a great voice and I'm sure she'll be better in a couple of weeks.

Rhiannon was definitely there as Margot. But, I opened the playbill and about four inserts fell out. Amber Efe joined the show as the Judge and Tiffany Engen was Kate/Chutney. I remember thinking that some scenes seemed like they were short on cast members but I haven't seen the show on broadway (only on MTV) so I had no idea if that was the case.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#32re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 12:04am

"I'm with philly03 that when I saw it in Philly it was very sharp and a great performance by the entire cast. (Except the Emmitt...I was still disappointed with him.) "

I happened to really like DB Bonds, but that could very well be my Pimpernel love!

Great to hear about Lauren...!

Harpz2006
#33re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 12:05am

Yup, it was Lauren's first time as Elle! Are you sure Rhiannon was there? She's supposed to be out for a few more weeks.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#34re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 12:06am

No she wasn't. Alex Ellis was Margot and Leslie McDonel was Vivienne.

DCfan
#35re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 12:08am

"So Much Better" - the "whoa" was VERY flat, I don't even know if half the audience realized she had just seen her name. But it built up and got better as it went on.

Comedic timing - Some of the delivery worked, some of it fell a bit flat. "Serious" could use some work, I think she could have gotten more laughs...

Overall, she was good and I think she'll get better. She's got an amazing voice, she just has to put everything together. She was much better as the show went on - more comfortable.

DCfan
#36re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 12:10am

I guess they didn't put that insert in for Alex...I thought it was still Rhiannon, as I did not know about the toe thing. Whoever it is, she was great!
Updated On: 1/10/09 at 12:10 AM

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#37re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 12:16am

Life on the road. There have been catastrophes like this for seventy years. But somehow, it always works out.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

Azuah. Profile Photo
Azuah.
#38re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 12:49am

"My friend also pointed out that "Emmett" appeared to keep trying to smooch Lauren at the end of the show during curtain call but she was not having it."

HAHAHA Was D.B. Emmett tonight? Or was it Tally?

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
Azuah. Profile Photo
Azuah.
#40re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 1:04am

oh, ew. But still hilarious.

Could you guy tell us about D.B and Lauren's chemistry?
How did they play off each other?

andrewcomp Profile Photo
andrewcomp
DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#42re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 9:27am

How full was the Opera House?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

andrewcomp Profile Photo
andrewcomp
#43re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 9:28am

No clue. Mamie Parris was also on for Paulette, and will be today at the mat. Not sure why it wasn't on the board.

beltingbaritone Profile Photo
beltingbaritone
#44re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:03am

Probably no room! Oh no!

Men don't even belt.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#45re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:07am

Reminds me of some of those crazy understudy boards the Broadway production had, when they had to attach the names and roles to the (very random) pay phone under the board, because there was no more room on the board.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#46re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 1:20pm

So, then, I have no idea who we're going to see in St. Louis on January 30. Well, we're going for my 7 and 14 year old daughters, so they will enjoy it whoever is on stage.

Azuah. Profile Photo
Azuah.
#47re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 4:57pm

Lauren will be on for Elle..she'll be on for the next six weeks.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#49re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 6:46pm

Aw, now Autumn is the only contestant in the top 4 who will not get to go on as Elle. re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#50re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 6:47pm

^Sorry, but I am totally OK with that...

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Videos