pixeltracker

Next to normal First Preview- Page 2

Next to normal First Preview

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#25re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/27/09 at 5:24pm

I'll be there. I'll try to post my thoughts of Act One during intermission.

Can't wait!

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#26re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/27/09 at 8:13pm

I absolutely cannot wait to see this again. Saw it at Arena back in December and fell in love. Hope to see it in May when I come up to apartment hunt. Can't wait to hear how it was tonight!!!!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#27re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/27/09 at 9:00pm

Can't wait to hear! Hope it's good!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TheBoyDownstairs Profile Photo
TheBoyDownstairs
#28re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/27/09 at 10:52pm

I just got home from the first preview. I thought it was absolutely amazing. I thought it was better than when I saw it at 2nd Stage last year.

I wish I didnt love it so much, because I'm gonna have to go back a few more times.

dramadude Profile Photo
dramadude
#29re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/27/09 at 11:27pm

Awesome stuff going on at the Booth Theatre! It was my first time seeing the show, and there were some really moving moments. I will definitely be seeing this show again. It's nice to see something so original, realistic, and troubled in that not everything on Broadway or in life is destined for a happy ending, and this show proves just that in such a profound way. After hearing the music on the website, I would have never matched up some of those songs within the context of the show (in a surprisingly wonderful way).

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#30re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/27/09 at 11:36pm

all of this talk is making me even more excited to see this! I have tickets for April 18th! I can't wait already!

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#31re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 1:27am

Alice was ON FIRE! There are some new little changes from DC. Jenn said that they had her go back into the studio to rerecord the new verse in "Just Another Day". The gurnee in "Didn't I See This Movie" was really cool!

Totally Amazing first preview! The whole cast was really alive. Alice will get nominated and hopefully win a tony!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#32re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 1:36am

I will post complete thoughts later, but I was extremely impressed.

Having seen the show at Second Stage, it is ten times better than before. All the work and changes that have been done over the last year really shine through.

Alice Ripley is giving the best performance in town. Truly stunning work from her and the entire cast, who are one of the most impressive ensembles in quite some time.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

fellfromthesun
#33re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 1:56am

Just got home as well...I didn't think i could love this show more than when i saw it at 2nd Stage...but WOW. The revisions made tightened the show up remarkably well. Alice Ripley's voice was spectacular tonight and she continues to leave me in awe. Everyone in this cast is rave-worthy, as they ALL gave 5 star performances. The score is electric, and the staging is tight and brilliant. I will certainly be returning to see this again.

And a P.S - Jenn Damiano is straight up gorgeous. If i met her on the street, i would certainly ask to take her out to dinner haha

RentBoy86
#34re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 2:10am

But then you'd get thrown in jail because she's like ten.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#35re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 2:11am

HAHA!

fellfromthesun
#36re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 2:17am

i did laugh out loud at that haha..but she's actually 16 or 17...(i'm pretty sure she's 17)...and i'm not much older than that. So don't make me sound like a pedo! lol. She just seems like a cool person
Updated On: 3/28/09 at 02:17 AM

Parks
#37re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 2:26am

Wow! Hearing nothing but great things about it is making me want to buy a ticket to see it right now... re: Next to normal First Preview

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

ZiggyCringe
#38re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 5:08am

LOVE this show.

Ms. Ripley is AMAZING.

If you don't have tix yet, get them.

Go. Go. GO!!!!

chenothegood Profile Photo
chenothegood
#39re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 11:05am

Sure only like 5 people have posted their thoughts on the show! but they have all been extremely positive which makes me so happy! I cant wait to read some more fuller reviews! :)

Spring Awakening 7.3.07!!, Wicked/ Rent 7.5.07!!, Legally Blonde 7.6.07!! The Color Purple 7.7.07!!, Gypsy 8.19.08!!, In the Heights/Wicked 8.20.08!!, The Little Mermaid 8.21.08!! Legally Blonde Tour 11.9.08!! Shrek 7.7.09!!, Blithe Spririt 7.8.09!!, 9 to 5 7.9.09!!, Next to Normal 7.10.09!!

UKtheatrekid
#40re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 11:56am

not wanting to sound like a huge snob, but i saw this off at 2st last eyar, and fell in love with the show! i saw jessica as diana (in aparently her only performance) and thought she was great, but i really want to see Alice, were hoping to see the final preview and im wondering the likelyhood of understudies? i checked broadwayunderstudies.com and n2n isnt mentioned at all

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#41re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 2:31pm

Jenn Damiano must be close to 18 by now.....but still.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#42re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 2:34pm

Can someone pls post a scan playbill of N2N? Thank you!

J*

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#43re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 2:38pm

This is basically the cover art--- my scanner is acting up !!

re: Next to normal First Preview

WiCkEDrOcKS
#44re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 2:53pm

I just posted a picture of it in my review thread, jay.

RentBoy86
#45re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 6:14pm

Is it a color playbill? I hope so.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#46re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 6:18pm

Yes RentBoy86. It is purple.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

RentBoy86
#47re: Next to normal First Preview
Posted: 3/28/09 at 6:21pm

Hot.

Videos