pixeltracker

Sleep No More is AMAZING- Page 21

Sleep No More is AMAZING

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#500Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/17/12 at 8:22am

The binding of the program disintegrated the moment I removed the plastic wrap, so I used binder clamps to keep it together. Overall, I was unimpressed with the program...but went to GOOGLE and printed up my favorite shots of the production in color, adding them to the appropriate spots in the book. The program is now a great souveneir, being kept with my mask, 'key' and hard leftover candies from their candy shop.

Have to check it at home for the scene listing you requested...

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#501Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/23/12 at 10:17pm

Can anyone help me figure out who in the world is playing Hecate? I've been twice and seen the same girl, and she's not on the website (it's not Careena Melia or Maya Lubinsky). I looked at the board but couldn't remember everyone's name, of course. Dark hair, very striking eyes. Anyone? Bueller?

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#502Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/23/12 at 11:14pm

Loved this. So many WTF moments, but the most bizarre one happened when I was up in the hospital ward and knelt next to one of the beds, turned down the sheet, and found it was full of potatoes. I was a little apprehensive at first, but my best advice is definitely GO THROUGH EVERYTHING. Nothing's off limits, except of course the actors. Open all the drawers, look in coat pockets, read the books, eat the candy, etc.

My favorite character was hands down the bald witch. The image of her at the rave, crouching on the table like a gargoyle, has been forever burned into my brain. Props to you, Kelly Bartnik.

One thing I'm a little confused about, though: exactly how long is each cycle? I initially didn't realize there were two banquet scenes, which made me think the cycles were a lot shorter than they actually are.

And, is Hecate the witch in the red dress who doesn't participate in the rave, eats the heart and then sings?

I know you. I know you. I know you.

masb19872
#503Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/24/12 at 1:40am

@ShbrtAlley You may have seen Erika Latta.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#504Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/24/12 at 1:55am

So many WTF moments, but the most bizarre one happened when I was up in the hospital ward and knelt next to one of the beds, turned down the sheet, and found it was full of potatoes.

I am still haunted and confused by those potatoes. That made no sense to me at all.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

ShbrtAlley44
#505Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/24/12 at 5:49pm

AHHH thank you Masb! That's it!

Morla
#506Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/25/12 at 12:01am

found some scans of the program details for those interested

http://imgur.com/a/KAqtF

also BURNING QUESTION: is there a room inside the show with a set of lockers containing personal items, necklaces/coats/purses? where might this room be?

cheers and mysteries

FindingNamo
#507Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/25/12 at 12:04am

Though constitutionally against spoilers, Glinda, I shall tell you there are three banquets.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#508Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/25/12 at 12:15am

also BURNING QUESTION: is there a room inside the show with a set of lockers containing personal items, necklaces/coats/purses? where might this room be?

I don't remember what was inside the lockers, but there are some in one of the rooms behind the reception/front desk.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

rocknroll123
#509Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/25/12 at 7:44am

Yes, there is. It's through the little hallway past the front desk (to the left of the desk when facing it). You have to go through a gate to actually get in there. However, if you're looking for Hecate's ring..... Sadly, it's not there Sleep No More is AMAZING                                                                         Believe me I've looked!!!!

ShbrtAlley44
#510Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/25/12 at 8:28am

Rocknroll, I was given a ring to take to Hecate but since then I've begun to suspect there's another one. Is that the case?
Is it actually hidden someplace?

rocknroll123
#511Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/25/12 at 4:10pm

From what I've heard from various people and online discussions, there is a different ring hidden somewhere amongst the set. The ring the porter gives you in the one-on-one is apparently, not the ring she is looking for. Though, I wish it were!

ShbrtAlley44
#512Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/25/12 at 4:12pm

Well, I have a new task for when I go back on the 22nd :)

Morla
Morla
#514Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/26/12 at 3:08am

also someone finally uploaded this song from the show to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr3CcBp6aw0&feature=related

and here's an mp3 of it

http://mistervinyl.blogspot.com/2011/05/tony-bennett-tony-sings-great-hits-of.html

you can slow it down if you want to have hecate nightmares

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#515Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/26/12 at 9:36am

I'm tempted to see this again, as my first time was certainly less than amazing. I missed pretty much everything. Has anyone ever tried to buy a ticket outside from someone who has extra tickets? (not a scalper) Also, if you enter at 7:00 on a Friday, could you just stay the whole night if so inclined?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#516Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/26/12 at 1:53pm

If you enter at 7pm your block technically ends at 10pm - I tried to stay at the bar for the second block once, but it didn't work out. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

FindingNamo
#517Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/26/12 at 2:01pm

Given that her awful husband has her fingers all up in the Sleep No More pie, I'm surprised this didn't inspire Diane Paulus to take Porgy & Bess in a different direction.
When Pink showed up at Sleep No More

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#518Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/27/12 at 8:16pm

"Though constitutionally against spoilers, Glinda, I shall tell you there are three banquets."

SPOILERS:

I saw the one with Banquo's ghost and the one where they hang Macbeth. Are you counting the ball where Lady Macduff passes out as the third?

I know you. I know you. I know you.

Morla
#519Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 1/29/12 at 6:35pm

the whole show cycles thrice

so there are two identical banquets and then the altered one at the end (hangin with mr cooper)

CarWheel Profile Photo
CarWheel
#520Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 2/7/12 at 9:49am

Went for my third time last night and had two one-on-ones - my first time having a one-on-one and I get two in a night! So haunting, I can't stop thinking about them. Especially the telephone booth with the male witch. I think I'm in love.

someone.else's.story2 Profile Photo
someone.else's.story2
#521Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 2/7/12 at 6:39pm

This is a weird question, but if you go with someone, do they separate you? I ask only as I saw a you tube review where these guys mentioned that they were separated...

“I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.” ``oscar wilde``

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#522Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 2/7/12 at 7:01pm

They start on an elevator. At one point, it stops and they let a single audience member out. Then they keep going and they let the rest of the group out. So, unless you are that person...
Throughout the show you can be "invited" for a one-on-one moment, but those are usually voluntary.

That said, you want to be separated. The experience was designed that way, having to keep an eye on someone takes away from it all.

CarWheel Profile Photo
CarWheel
#523Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 2/7/12 at 7:08pm

It depends on the one-on-one. For most, you are taken individually into a room with an actor for the scene and, once it's over, you are let back out where you came from. So if you were with someone who gets grabbed, just stand outside the door and they'll come out soon. That said, there are a few (such as the first person off the elevator) that put you out somewhere else.

I agree though, it's so much better if you go in with the mindset that it's ok to get separated. You'll be able to share stories afterwards and you'll most likely run into each other a few times anyway during the larger scenes.

Morla
#524Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 2/7/12 at 11:17pm

yeah the only one-on-one you can kinda watch your friend have is the boywitch

on my last visit i got taken into rebecca's room by two different characters and they lead me/put me out somewhere totally different from the door i was taken in...

good thing i had already split up with my companions

go it alone!

Videos