pixeltracker

1st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets- Page 3

1st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#501st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 8:24am

Taryn got it exactly right:

A show is worth exactly how much people will pay for it.

That's econ 101 guys. The people who pay premium can afford it and deem the investment worth the return (although they may feel differently after seeing it!)

If the premiums don't sell then they will probably reduce the premium section and increase ticket prices across the board incrementally.

....but the world goes 'round

Baileyboo
#511st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 10:39am

Just curious where the $400 number came from. I wish that people with negative comments(or positive for that matter)would at least make sure what nonsense they are offering is true. Top price for Spider-Man is $275. Sounds like a very reasonable premium price to me.

sundaymorning6am
#521st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 10:51am

Does anyone know to what row in the orchestra that the mezz hangs over? I'm assuming it's Row S, which is why it's premium, but does anyone know for sure?

Baileyboo
#531st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 11:21am

You are correct. Row S.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#541st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 12:03pm

"Yes, and those people are dumb, or rich. Or rich AND dumb."

No, I wouldn't be so quick to call people who decide to buy premium ticket prices "dumb." A show is an art. If people think that art is worth $300, then I don't see why call someone "dumb" who spends that much on a show.

Besides, the premium price ticket is reasonable for this show compared to other shows on Broadway. I don't see why there's complaining. I've seen many hot ticket shows on Broadway from decent seats and never paid more than normal price. It's not impossible. Just because the seat is not in the first 10 rows of the center orchestra doesn't mean it is a bad seat.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#551st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 12:42pm

^ Agreed. It actually sounds like the mezzanine and possibly the balcony might be the better seats for this show anyway.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

jimmycurry01
#561st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 4:03pm

"I don't think that Julie Taymor is being greedy, she's just being stupid."

Is Julie Taymor producing this, or just directing? If she is just the director, then she really has no control over what the cost of a seat is.

#571st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 4:12pm

You went to buy tickets for Spiderman, Priest? Does that mean you've reconsidered your opinion of this January when you posted (and I quote):

I hope the Producers and Creators of Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark all get sick of degenerative diseases, and all their offspring are poisoned. This production is an abomination, and I'm done with inexperienced producers' blood-sucking greed, manipulation, and misrepresentations. Unless they refund both plane tickets from Japan and San Francisco, and both hotel accommodations, for a week in February for my friends across the sea, and the west coast, then I wish them all a hellish, doomed production that never recoups. Luckily that last part is certain. Thankfully there is a thread like this, appropriately titled, but not nearly accurately reflective of some peoples' bound frustrations. Until they announce another opening date, which will probably be announced in about 5 or so months, I will pray to God and Jesus, to smite this production with one blow. I hope it NEVER sees the light of day now.

ALittlePriest Profile Photo
ALittlePriest
#581st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 4:42pm

I've not at all reconsidered my opinion of Spider-Man. What makes you think that? Why do you think I started this Spider-man trashing thread? I bought tickets first day last time, this time I waited until the box office opened. I'm only buying 10 this time, and not premiums.
Updated On: 9/14/10 at 04:42 PM

#591st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 4:46pm

So despite your rants that everyone associated with the show and their children should die painful deaths you want to go see it? Do you think you'll like it?

ALittlePriest Profile Photo
ALittlePriest
#601st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 5:06pm

Haha. Now it's like I'm seeing it to legitimize my disliking.

#611st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 5:51pm

You already KNOW you hate it and you are going to see it anyway? Is that the picture?

AEA AGMA SM
#621st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 5:59pm

Nothing like going into something with an open mind...

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#631st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 7:57pm

"I hope the Producers and Creators of Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark all get sick of degenerative diseases, and all their offspring are poisoned. This production is an abomination, and I'm done with inexperienced producers' blood-sucking greed, manipulation, and misrepresentations. Unless they refund both plane tickets from Japan and San Francisco, and both hotel accommodations, for a week in February for my friends across the sea, and the west coast, then I wish them all a hellish, doomed production that never recoups. Luckily that last part is certain. Thankfully there is a thread like this, appropriately titled, but not nearly accurately reflective of some peoples' bound frustrations. Until they announce another opening date, which will probably be announced in about 5 or so months, I will pray to God and Jesus, to smite this production with one blow. I hope it NEVER sees the light of day now."

People’s stupidity amazes me.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

ghostlight2
#641st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/14/10 at 10:44pm

That's not stupidity. That's sheer obnoxious petty childishness. Stupidity is buying tickets early for this to begin with, and being naive enough to base your entire trip around that silly expectation, and then buying 10 tickets after making such a hateful statement, just so they can "legitimize [their] disliking".

I would really hate to be ALittlePriest, with such a tiny, petty mind.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#651st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/15/10 at 2:47am

"Honestly? The "Spiderman" fans are teenage boys who don't particularly like musical theatre, and would much rather have their mothers spend $400 on a new X-Box or Playstation. You can get a lot of games for $400."

I think the movie franchise proves there are more fans than teenage boys. I am in my late 40's, grew up with Spiderman and saw the movies as did most of my friends my age. I think they are banking on more than just teenagers going to see this show. I know I want to see it. I watched the cartoon every Saturday morning.

I sat in the first row Mezz for a show in this theater and I was suprised at how far back it felt. It is a cavernous theater.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 9/15/10 at 02:47 AM

#661st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/15/10 at 10:25am

I think perhaps we might have learned something here: When you attend a show for the sheer love of theater, no price is too high. When you attend a show out of a petty need to tell everyone how awful it is, no ticket is cheap enough.

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#671st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/15/10 at 3:07pm

+1.

There are people spending $300 to see Madonna perform and Cher and even Jay Z and Eminem. I think if you want to see Julie Taymor, Bono, and The Edge's musical, you're going to have to spend some good money.

I don't understand why some people are throwing so much shade.

I understand these people have money issues but that just means you need to find a less expensive hobby. (or find a friend to comp you into the show) Or go see the TONS of really bad shows Off-off Broadway has to offer for $9.

Scott Briefer
#681st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/15/10 at 9:17pm

It won't be long before Spider-man rethinks it's box office strategy. I think everyone just needs to calm down. Excellent seats will be available for less than $100 sometime soon. Even Wicked and Jersey Boys will one day be offering heavily discounted seats. It's just the way things are.

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#691st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/15/10 at 10:40pm

There better be a lot of spider-man eye candy action! I mean webs coming out of crotches!

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#701st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/17/10 at 5:34pm

I hate that I'm even asking this. But someone's coming in from out of town and "has to" see Spider-man. And it's a someone that I can't get away with buying back row tickets for. SO. It looks like I'm spending full price on Spider-man tickets. I haven't been in this theater since Ragtime (yowza!). I know no one knows what this particular show will be like, but in terms of the theater itself, would it be better to sit rear orchestra or front flying circle? It's around the holidays, and nothing better seems available right now.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#711st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/17/10 at 5:53pm

As mentioned, I sat 1st row Mezz and the view was perfect for the show I saw. Just don't lay your Playbill on the "ledge" or an usher will make you remove it...or Patti will appear out of thin air and kick it in your face! I thought I commited a major crime but I realized that they were worried about Playbills falling on patrons below.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 9/17/10 at 05:53 PM

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#721st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 9/17/10 at 7:09pm

I show my love of theatre by attending on a very regular basis and not by how much I pay for my ticket, I need reasonable price tickets to achieve the former.

hottieho13 Profile Photo
hottieho13
#731st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
Posted: 10/15/10 at 5:18pm

just instead of being mad about the premium tickets just wait for the cheaper ones! I would purchase 2 tickets (non-premium since I'm a student)but I would like to see a clip of the show on broadway world first.I love comic books,Theatre and U2 but not really Julie Taymor *gasp* but I'll give anything/anyone a second chance.

Videos