#50Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 2:47pm

Why is he out...?

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#51Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 2:54pm

Here's the website for the show, and it always lists any cast changes.  Andy could be out tonight due to a prior commitment - who knows?  He gets time off just like everyone else.  

http://www.groundhogdaymusical.com/tickets/

10086Sundays
#52Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 2:56pm

They're also switching to their summer schedule this week, so his doctor might have told him to take a night off since they're doing 12 days straight without a day off.

Updated On: 6/6/17 at 02:56 PM

ebontoyan
#53Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 2:59pm

I saw Andy Karl on 6/1 and 6/3 evening shows.  He is so amazing!!!

JustAnotherNewYorker
#54Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 3:09pm

I'd love to see Andrew in the part (I've seen Andy a bunch of times) but can't make tonight. Sigh.

Margo319
#55Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 3:37pm

10086Sundays said: "They're also switching to their summer schedule this week, so his doctor might have told him to take a night off since they're doing 12 days straight without a day off.

That is untrue.  They have no Sundays scheduled for the entire month of June.  The Tony Awards do not count as a full on show.  

Updated On: 6/6/17 at 03:37 PM

10086Sundays
#56Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 4:21pm

No, you're incorrect, they had a show Sunday, June 4th. 

They have, or had, at least one show every day from May 30 through June 10.  That's 12 days.

Updated On: 6/6/17 at 04:21 PM

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#57Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 5:13pm

Wait a second... is TONY voting over? Am I that cynical to think that he missed today because he gave it his all during voting period and now he is done????? Ugh... please don't make me lose faith in you, ANDY!!!!

Margo319
#58Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 5:22pm

I retract my statement.   Yeah, Andy could be exhausted from all the award shows, and just needed to chill.  Disappointed for the audience though.  

Gilly1732
#59Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 5:32pm

Skimbleshanks2 said: "Wait a second... is TONY voting over? Am I that cynical to think that he missed today because he gave it his all during voting period and now he is done????? Ugh... please don't make me lose faith in you, ANDY!!!!

"

Jesus, he tore his ACL, give him a break. How many shows did he miss since opening night? 2? If he needs a break then he deserves one.

I saw him two weeks after the accident and I couldn't have been more impressed by what he did and how amazing he was. I can't imaging how taxing it must be to do this show night after night with a knee injury such as this... 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#60Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/6/17 at 5:37pm

Tony voting, I believe, closes on Friday.

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#61Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 1:32am

I saw Andrew Call tonight (6/6/17). Was very bummed about missing Andy Karl, especially since you'd think he'd try to do all shows on Tony week, but I figured he probably needed to rest. I was NOT disappointed with Andrew Call, though. He was fantastic. I was very impressed.

10086Sundays
#62Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 2:18am

My guess would be that the producers either knew, or planned for, there not to be any Tony voters in attendance tonight so that Andy could call out without it hurting his or the show's (slim) chances.  How far in advance do Tony voters usually plan when they're going to see the shows?

FlyHigh523 - I'm glad you enjoyed Andrew Call's performance.  I hope to catch it sometime myself.

Updated On: 6/7/17 at 02:18 AM

Skimbleshanks2
#63Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 6:18am

I really do wonder if he's going to announce he's getting the surgery after the Tonys... Unless he wins...?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#64Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 8:22am

If he needs surgery, he'll get surgery regardless of whether or not he wins.   While I'm sure he  could put the doctors off until after the Tonys, I doubt they'd suggest an endless timeline.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Skimbleshanks2
#65Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 8:36am

What a dramatic past few months... I hope he's okay! I'm worried...

Markie27 Profile Photo
Markie27
#66Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 3:29pm

I was wondering if Any is back today.  Does anybody have news about him?  Is he out sick or is it because of his injury? Thanks! 

10086Sundays
#67Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 3:35pm

He's on today and I haven't seen any tweets about Andrew Call going on tonight.  Not yet at least.  They're starting Act 2 right about now.

None of us know why he was out last night, hopefully it was a planned rest day.  

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#68Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 3:54pm

Markie27, like I posted yesterday, here's the link to the show's website that is constantly updated if AK is out of the show.  

http://www.groundhogdaymusical.com/tickets/

Markie27 Profile Photo
Markie27
#69Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 4:28pm

Thank you so much guys!  I really like the community here.  You are all very helpful sharing your experiences and knowledge.  Hopefully I will be seeing Karl tonight.  I have my rocky shirt on so I'm glad it won't be wasted! Thank you once again!

Skimbleshanks2
#70Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 6:23pm

If anyone knows why he was out last night please share... hoping he's OK! :)

ebontoyan
#71Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 6:39pm

^Why don't you tweet Andy or Orfeh and ask them directly why he was out last night??! Get it directly from them.  If he's back on the show today I'm sure he's ok!! Geez

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#72Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 6:39pm

Here's the phone number for customer service of Jujamcyn Theatres.  (212) 840-8181

Give them a call and let us know what they say as to why he was out. 

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#73Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 6:57pm

Nealb, I'm also interested in Andy's schedule, having tickets to the Monday June 19 show. Clicking on your website link, which is basically the show's homepage, I'm at a loss where to find info on when Andy's out and Andrew is on.

10086Sundays
#74Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 7:01pm

There's nothing there right now, which I assume means there's nothing planned, but they've been updating that page when they know he's going to be out.  Sometimes not until the day of the call out.   

This is his understudy's twitter and he posts when he's going on.  So you can keep track of both.  

I'm assuming we'll know more after the Tonys if there's going to be a permanent change to Andy's schedule.

Videos