News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Favourite Theatre(s)

#50re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/17/04 at 10:22pm

haha...OOOOH YEAH! Hells Underground Theater. or something like that... it was neat

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#51re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/17/04 at 10:25pm

Is that your sleep deprivation talking?

#52re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/17/04 at 10:35pm

i think so... coffee....need more coffee...

#53re: Favourite Theatre(s)

#54re: Favourite Theatre(s)

lvpblues
#55re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/17/04 at 10:36pm

I love the Shubert, Brooks Atkinson, Al Hirschfeld, Broadway, Neil Simon. Hell I think I might love everything theater I've been in.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#56re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/17/04 at 10:38pm

Yay for triple posting. Coffee sounds good right now. Except for the fact that I get sick after drinking it.

#57re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/17/04 at 10:42pm

i fell asleep at the mouse and keep on clicking! coffee will give me enough energy to sit through Cats! (alot needed!)

#58re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/17/04 at 10:44pm

In Los Angeles, I like The Pantages and the Ahmanson...small house division would be The Falcon.

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#59re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 11:01am

My fave is the Virginia - I love the look and feel of it. Least fave is the Eugene O'Neill - it feels like a budget airline, all the seats crowded together with zero leg room.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

ponine24601
#60re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 11:07am

i liked the virgina too, i just like big theatres though. i'm a city gal, so that's what i'm used to.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Bret Profile Photo
Bret
#61re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 11:41am

I just got back from London, and I loved the Theatre Royal Drury Lane. It was very comfy. In NYC, I like the Imperial and the Majestic.

"Wherever you go... I'll be right there. When you get your own private kick in the ass, just remember: it's a present from me to you." Rose's dying words to Louise

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#62re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 12:10pm

What is playing there Bret?

#63re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 12:57pm

TUTS theater in Houston. The new Hobby Center is breathtaking! ARTISTA is the best restaurant in TEXAS!

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#64re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 1:23pm

Oh the Gershwin and the Ford Center are way too big for my taste. I like Studio 54 so long as I get the row F couch, because those tables and chairs do a number on my back before the show even starts.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

ponine24601
#65re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 1:51pm

tables and chairs? weird. maybe i should go to that theatre. i WAS is Assassins didn't FRICKIN CLOSE!!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#66re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 1:52pm

Yes, its set up like a cabaret still, the orchestra is round tables with chairs set up all facing the stage. I plan on popping an Advil before seeing Assassins tonight.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

#67re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 1:56pm

Arena Stage - Washington, DC, Starlight - Kansas City, Wheeler Opera House - Aspen, Herberger - Phoenix, Argyros (South Coast Repertory) - Costa Mesa, CA.

USActorSinger Profile Photo
USActorSinger
#68re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 5:42pm

Belk Theatre in Charlotte:
http://www.blumenthalcenter.org/2005/belk.asp
Its a little big, but its beautiful, the acoustics are great, and there's not a bad seat (they're comfortable too) in the house.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#69re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 5:44pm

USActorSinger, who is that on your icon? Cause he looks EXACTLY like a guy that performed in a play called "The Foreigner" that I saw in Charlotte, NC this past Thursday.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

StrStruckDreamr9 Profile Photo
StrStruckDreamr9
#70re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 5:52pm

I really like the Minskoff. It's a beautiful and august theater. On the other hand, I also have to agree on the Virginia. I love the look and, there's a really intimate and quaint feel to it. It's also where I got to see Hunter Foster re: Favourite Theatre(s)

Also...question... how do you make your little rating (ie. Chorus member, Broadway star) go up and how do you keep track of it?

G Profile Photo
G
#71re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 6:39pm

Anything Goes is at the Drury Lane, Zoran.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#72re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 6:40pm

Click on "GUIDELINES" at the top of the message board. You'll see the different levels. They are based on the total number of messages you've posted so far. You can see that number by clicking on "Your Settings" - under LOGIN on the left.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#73re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 6:54pm

Gotta go with the Gershwin... and like the Minskoff too.

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#74re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 7:50pm

Videos