GOODBYE AIDA!!

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#50re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 6:21pm

*cries* NO! NOT FAIR! It wasn't around long enough!! It should have been open longer! I can't believe it's really gone. It seemed like it just opened!!

How many performances did it run?

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

ponine24601
#51re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 6:23pm

uh...i don't know, but i don't want it to be gone! broadway.com took it off of the top list! not fair!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#52re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 6:38pm

What's your favorite number from the show? (Notice the singular in the sentence, "number" - meaning only choose one!)

Mine would be "Easy As Life" - but it IS very hard to choose one.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

adp22 Profile Photo
adp22
#53re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 6:41pm

my strongest suit...both sherie and lisa did an excellent job with that one!

ponine24601
#54re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:00pm

i love fortune favors the brave,i know the truth, the gods love nubia. those are my favorite.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#55re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:00pm

AND THEIR STORY
AND MY JOURNEY
AND THE LESSON THEY PROVIDE
DRAW THEIR STRENGTH AND INSPIRATION
FROM A LOVE THAT NEVER...
DIED...

--The final words of AIDA

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

insomniak
#56re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:06pm

Wow. I've officially missed my chance to see Aida. And I bet I missed tons of fun today too.

My favorite songs- The past is another land, How I know you, Elaborate Lives, Enchantment passing through and I know the truth. Radames' Letter makes me melt.

ponine24601
#57re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:08pm

me too. well, it makes me melt and cry. where is everyone?! i'm so anxious to hear details!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#58re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:09pm

Its such a sad night....at 8pm ill be turning on my aida soundtrack. I saw aida twice, and it is one of my favorite shows.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

BwayTheatre11
#59re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:11pm

"What's your favorite number from the show? (Notice the singular in the sentence, "number" - meaning only choose one!)"

LOL. That didn't work.

CCM '10!

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#60re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:13pm

They're all going out to dinner after the show so we won't have our reviews for a little while.

My favorite song is "Written in the Stars"

ponine24601
#61re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:14pm

i can't wait! i bet they had so much fun.

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#62re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:19pm

My favorite song is "Written in the Stars"
with ' elaborate lives' in a close 2nd place and
'fortune favors the brave' in 3rd

sorry i tried to pick only one

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#63re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 8:25pm

You know I hate to be "that guy" but thank god. I never understood how people liked this show. Egyptian Rent just doesn't work.

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

insomniak
#64re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 8:28pm

Good thing it wasn't an Eygptian Rent then. That would have been a crappy show.

BwayTheatre11
#65re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 8:28pm

Maybe it didn't work out because it is not "Egyptian RENT." Nothing like RENT...why do people always compare shows to RENT?

CCM '10!

BroadwayBaby21
#66re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 8:29pm

I can't believe it's gone... Aida is my second favorite show, right behind Les Miserables. I'm glad I got a chance to see it twice, and one of the times with Adam!

As for favorite number? "A step too far"
... and i know you said just one, but "Elaborate Lives", "Written in the Stars", and "Enchantment Passing Through" are my other favorites as well, but "Step too far" is absolute favorite.

-If you don't like your fate, change it. You are your own master.- Aida

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#67re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 8:32pm

It's not that I am tottally comparing it to Rent, because in my opinion Rent is Cats with aids. It's just a wonderful opera that Disney bastardized and tried to catch the Rent wave with the song styles and casting. Baz did the same thing with his opera too. My point is I thought it was a weak show with a couple good numbers and some wonderful Backstreet Boy choreography by an otherwise talented choreographer(sp).

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#68re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 8:52pm

nooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

i'll never say goodbye - i keep thinking of the line from the show that's on my avatar!! aida will return!!! it will be as easy to forget as aida was to radames!! ::sigh::

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#69re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 11:38pm

okay totaly not agreeing w/ the 'egyptian rent' and 'cats with aids' things. rent is rent. aida is aida. cats is cats. end of story. why must we continue comparing all shows to other shows?

GaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
#70re: GOODBYE AIDA!!
Posted: 9/5/04 at 11:45pm

Umm Carl, dear, there is very little dancing in Rent and that is all that Cats is basically.

So back to Aida *sob* I missed it!

"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt

Videos