pixeltracker

The Official "Let's Gossip about the Tony's" thread.- Page 3

The Official "Let's Gossip about the Tony's" thread.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#50re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 4:10pm

HIGHS AND LOWS

HIGHS
-Loved the opening number!
-Loved hugh but there wasnt enough of him
-LOVED GREAT BIG STUFF!! its sooo much better at the actualy show!!
-Norbie wins!!!!!!!!!!!
-His acceptance speech
-The fact that spamalot didnt win a lot lol
-Spelling Bee was hilarious!
-La Cage was great!!
-The fact that they cut off the cocky sob who was making the acceptance speech for spamalot. muahaha!
-Billy Crystal "hosting"

LOWS
-Aretha and Hugh. they shouldve turned off her mike because hugh sounded great!
-Spamalot's performance
-Charitys performance
-Anne Hathaway's Dress
-Eric Idle's jacket
-Spamalot won best musical
-DRS didnt win a lot
-the asshole who made the acceptance speech for spamalot
-there wast enough hugh.

thats all i can think of right now

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#51re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 4:24pm

If this was posted already, I apologize, but didn't see it while skimming this thread.

I just read on B'way.com that it was a stunt double that fell into the pit when "Ms. Applegate" made her entrance.

After watching the red carpet interviews, seemed that the Actors/Actresses were a bit tired. Most of them mentioned that they had matinees and then got ready for the ceremony. I would guess that after doing 4 back to back shows and then having to perform again just a few hours after your Sunday Matinee could be a bit tiring.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 6/6/05 at 04:24 PM

wendy72 Profile Photo
wendy72
#52re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 4:26pm

DRS-I am totally in the Norb love camp, as well as DRS, but I thought "Find your Grail" was actually quite good..and Tim Curry sounding like Frank N. Furter when he was speaking the words of the song, brought joy to my heart.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#53re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 4:34pm

I thought it was interesting that Norbert thanked Michelle, "His best friend"......

As for Hugh, I think most people are use to him also being a nominee last year, and he did "Boy from OZ" number, So I think we all got a little spoiled thinking he would be on stage a lot......He did get to do a musical number this year though

I wished that Sara would have said something about The Lady of Lake getting a Tony in her speech, because it's not like it was some serious heartfelt speech where that would have been out of place......

#54re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 4:52pm

I thought that "Find your grail" for Spamalot was great... each of the performances were superb [minusing Christina Applegate in Sweet Charity and Aretha Franklin] and I loved the beginning of the Tonys where they had a little preview from each Broadway nominated.

--korenglish

and I 100% agree with MTVMANN... and I had mentioned it earlier:
HERE

Jimmyojimmy Profile Photo
Jimmyojimmy
#55re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 4:59pm

I agree Christina Applegate wasnt good at all. I dont understand how SHE nabbed a nod.
And aretha sucked. simply put. Updated On: 6/6/05 at 04:59 PM

worrell4077
#56re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 5:15pm

My favorite moments from last night were the DRS, La Cage, and Spam performances, the opening bit with Billy Crystal and Hugh Jackman, Sara Ramirez, Mike Nichols, Norbert Leo Butz, and SpamAlot winning, and Hugh's performance of Someday.

I was disappointed by the opening number because of the fact that all SpamAlot did was dance to Knights of the Round Table and then Tim Curry and everyone else yelling SpamAlot. Also, I did not like Aretha Franklin's performance of Someday because it was terrible and she was really ruining Hugh's singing with her voice.

A little side note, Did anyone else catch that Aretha brushed Hugh off and didn't seem all that thrilled to be singing with him?

insomniak
#57re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 5:26pm

This hasn't been mentioned yet and I can't not bring it up- Marcia Cross' dress. Blech.

I did like Idina's, though, but I thought she could have gone a tad lighter on the eye makeup.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#58re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 5:57pm

I agree insomniak! It stood out like a sore thumb every time you got an audience shot!

Just give the world Love.

bwaymargie Profile Photo
bwaymargie
#59re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 7:48pm

Updated On: 7/10/07 at 07:48 PM

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#60re: The Official 'Let's gossip about the Tony's thread'.
Posted: 6/6/05 at 8:17pm

Yeah... I think that was part of the show... but I'm not sure... lol

Videos