pixeltracker

Ana replacing Shoshana in January?- Page 3

Ana replacing Shoshana in January?

BoxFive Profile Photo
BoxFive
#50re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/17/05 at 2:11pm

Very often the ensemble is the last to know anything.
I will stick to the sources that I know are informed, they are much closer to casting than Ms. Waldman. If Saycon was given the role I'd be delighted, but at present Eden is in the "lead" as they say.

Unfledge them of their...perriwigs, And they appear like bald-cootes, in the nest. Beaumont, Knt. Malta, (1616).

Mini_Mimi17
#51re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/17/05 at 10:24pm

WHat would really be awesome is if Idina came back, but that will never happen I want Eden to fill in I love her soo much and would love to see her in Wicked!

"You wanna prowl? Be my night owl, well take my hand were gonna howlll...OUT TONIGHT!"-Daphne Rubin Vega the BEST Mimi ever!

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#52re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/17/05 at 11:48pm

Saycon wont be the standby for WICKED--eden wont be the LEAD for wicked--

those are hints, i'm not allowed to say

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#53re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 6:00am

Are you trying to hint that Saycon is taking over and Eden is gonna be Nessa? (You might also hinting Eden is gonna be the Elphie standby..)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#54re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 10:35am

Ana is Taking over beginning of Febuary. Between the time that Shoshana Bean is leaving and untill Ana's contract is over in Chicago Idina Menzel is coming back to reprise her role as Elphaba.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#55re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 10:38am

Where is everyone getting this info? Pulling it out of their ass?

kasim Profile Photo
kasim
#56re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 10:44am

i agree about stephanie blocks voice, i dont want her to replace bean either.

QueenAnne82 Profile Photo
QueenAnne82
#57re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 11:09am

DefyingEDCT. Where did you get your info- just out of curiosity. Sigh.... wish Ana'd stay here for a year... but I just don't see it happenin even if she doesn't go to Broadway.

Everything in this room is *eat*able. Even I'm *eat*able. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies. ~Willy Wonka

It's TRUE! GET A FREE IPOD!!! It's really easy http://premiumipods.freepay.com/?r=15232098 Ask me any questions about it.

I love Ana Gasteyer and Chicago Theater!!!

wickedobsessed Profile Photo
wickedobsessed
#58re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 11:27am

I would love to see Stephanie jump into the broadway production:)

colleen_lee
#59re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 2:16pm

I can basically guarantee you that DefyingEDCT is pulling this out of his/her rear.

Idina won't be reprising her role.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#60re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 2:54pm

I got to see Ana four weeks ago and she was absolutely wonderful. She'd be great on the Great White Way but what do you think about getting another big profile name to play Elphaba...say Heather Headley. She's been wanting to get back to Broadway supposedly and I can just imagine her rendition of "Defying Gravity." I think she'd be great...but I'd love to see Ana in NYC too...

www.christopherviolett.com

DefyingEDCT
#61re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 4:40pm

I produce Wicked.

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#62re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 5:22pm

And I'm a polygamist, and am currently in a relationship with Orlando Bloom and Idina Menzel.

Updated On: 8/18/05 at 05:22 PM

Fosse76
#63re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 5:30pm

If you produced "Wicked", then why would you have needed to start this thread, wouldn't you have known the answers yourself?
http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=863145#1317462

colleen_lee
#64re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 5:31pm

LOL Fosse. I'm pretty sure he's just playing around.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Fosse76
#65re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 5:34pm

I figured, but you never know...fanning the flames before they start :o)

DefyingEDCT
#66re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 5:38pm

"If you produced "Wicked", then why would you have needed to start this thread, wouldn't you have known the answers yourself?"

I produced it, I didnt compose it.

Fosse76
#67re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 5:41pm

But you would have unfettered access to the composer so you would have been able to ask him point blank.

DefyingEDCT
#68re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 5:43pm

He didn't let anyone know about them. He wont tell people where they are unless you find them yourself.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#69re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 5:53pm

Ana will be the new Elphaba.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#70re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 6:37pm

Ha. Ha. I love how everyone has their sources. We've had about 5 different DEFINITIE answers for who will be the next Elphaba, but I'll take Defying's advice because, as you know, he is a major producer of Wicked. Oh and defying, on another thread you said you were intrigued about how someone SAID Laura Bell Bundy demanded perks, but as a producer shouldn't you know all about this? I mean, you were supposed to pay her....

Updated On: 8/18/05 at 06:37 PM

DefyingEDCT
#71re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 6:41pm

I didn't pay her. I have other people who do that. My job is to watch the money roll in.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#72re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 6:49pm

Yet you had to ask people on a website when you obviously had to be in the know? Get your facts straight bud :)

DefyingEDCT
#73re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 7:12pm

OH! you got me .

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#74re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
Posted: 8/18/05 at 8:25pm

I don't think Eden would go back to the Broadway company as anyone but Elphaba right now. I don't think she'd stand by for the role again either.

I also love how everyone seems to know who's taking over. I think basically every actress currently playing or standing by for the role has been mentioned now.

Videos