pixeltracker

All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005- Page 3

All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#50re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:52pm

Sad...this amazing show with such an incredible cast should not be closing this early. However, they'll all go on to do great things, I'm sure, and gained lots of fans.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#51re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:59pm

This is just....

I don't know. It wasn't my favorite show, but I haven't been this upset about a show closing in a long, long time.

I love ASU. The cast is talented, and they have an energy that is contagious. I WILL miss it.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

BwayTheatre11
#52re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:01pm

Very sad news. re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005

CCM '10!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#53re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:22pm

Oy, just got home from a show and I'm so distraught!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#54re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:23pm

Did you like the orgy scene?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 9/20/05 at 11:23 PM

Chrysanthemum62001
#55re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:23pm

I'm really sorry to hear this for the cast's sake. So sudden too.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

JMVR Profile Photo
JMVR
#56re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:39pm

At least they got to have one last orgy before the fat lady sings! (so they say)

For those of you who can't believe the short notice, keep in mind that there's a difference between the producers' announcement to the press and the producers' announcemente to the cast. maybe they told them a few days earlier but made them promise not to disclose the info until the press announcement.

I was just beginningn to think that maybe I should go see it and now I'm pissed that I didn't see it before, sine I have never seen Cheyenne!

The meat is always leaner on somebody else's dinner plate!

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#57re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:44pm

4 days notice?! that seems way to quick.

this is so upsetting. and i can't even go. booo.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#58re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:48pm

Guys, this is hardly shocking. Make way for new stuff!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

cathywellerstein
#59re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:59pm

well i knew it was gonna close...soon...but 4 days! that's shocking to me. i thought i'd have more notice so that i could go see the closing show. but now i can't.

(but if lestat goes there i will be excited.) but sad.

Poppy
#60re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 12:32am

Cheyenne has been cast as Charles Darnay in A Tale of Two Cities. He will perform alongside James Barbour in two private workshop presentations of the show on September 29th and 30th.

Show is scheduled to go into previews on Broadway next April.
Let's hope this happens. It has a big cast...lots of jobs for the unemployed actors.

captainoats Profile Photo
captainoats
#61re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 12:54am

Of course I knew this was coming eventually, but I didn't think it would be this soon. And the fact that it's only four days notice means I definitely won't be able to see it (I'm upstate for school). re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005

JohnnyJune
#62re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 3:24am

We all knew this was going to happen!!!! This isn't a big surprise. As i'm sure it isn't to the cast either. I'm sure they were told with a week or two in advance. There is a tendency to wait and see if business picks up. It didn't they closed.
Thank God it was about time.

See Lestat is taking the theatre.

MusicalMan2 Profile Photo
MusicalMan2
#63re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 3:39am

YEAH!!! Bring on Lestat! I'm so excited for a new Elton John Musical on come to Broadway. And I love the Ann Rice story.. I can't wait!!

chrissly Profile Photo
chrissly
#64re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 7:53am

the cast may have seen the writing on the wall (or in the empty seats) but they got notice yesterday, just like you. never assume a producer has anything resembling a heart.

JRTO
#65re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 8:06am

That's crazy that the company would get 4 days notice. That means the producer would rather pay them for the two week period than try to keep the show open.

Basically, the money stops flowing and the company gets paid from the bond refund from all the unions. Very unusual though. The advance must have been horrible.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#66re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 9:15am

it's the same thing that happened with "little women" earlier this year...it was announced on a tuesday that it would close that sunday. i can't imagine how difficult that must be for the cast.

anyway, i bought tickets last night because i've put off seeing it for so long and promised my little cousin who is a HUGE elvis fan that i would take her.

JUST A NOTE: i ALWAYS go for super cheap tickets, but i didn't want to take a chance and wait to go to the box office to get them (i watched people do it for THE PILLOWMAN on sunday and it sold out). SO, just so everyone knows, there is a discount code that enables you to get orch/front mezz seats for $50 - the code is SAVE8.

HJAJtheFirst Profile Photo
HJAJtheFirst
#67re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 10:07am

It was fun while it lasted, re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005. I've brought clients, friends and family to see the show and each and every person came away from the theater entertained from start to finish! It's sad to hear so many people will be out of jobs by the weekend. On the bright side, "All Shook Up" has the most talented cast on Broadway. Indeed, they will all be working soon!

Linda

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#68re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 10:09am

YEAH, lets' get rid of Phantom, Rent and Mamma Mia and bring on the new stuff! All Shook Up was NEW stuff!

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#69re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 10:24am

Just bought my tickets to the final performance...Orchestra N 102. I will also be at Lennon the night before. Hopefully all these people will get new jobs real soon!

cathywellerstein
#70re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 10:31am

u are so lucky. i can't go to either. i hope there's a lot of reviews from people on this board!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#71re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 11:06am

Ok, I have tickets for tonight, tomorrow night, saturday night, and sunday. Shiva will begin sunday night.

cathywellerstein
#72re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 11:43am

wow. i can't even imagine having that much money.

HJAJtheFirst Profile Photo
HJAJtheFirst
#73re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 11:57am

What I "can't imagine" is how someone could spend so much money to see a show and then pass along trash listed in the NY Post? I don't get it?

Linda

cathywellerstein
#74re: All Shook Up to Close on Sunday, September 25, 2005
Posted: 9/21/05 at 11:58am

haha. neither do i.

Videos