pixeltracker

Jason Robert Brown and Julia Murney; All I can say is WOW!!!- Page 3

Jason Robert Brown and Julia Murney; All I can say is WOW!!!

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#50re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/9/06 at 7:52pm

Popular, I was able to score one ticket this morning by calling Ticketmaster directly.

Maybe there is another single available . . .

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#51re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/9/06 at 8:07pm

I got tickets this morning!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

gavrochegirl
#52re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/9/06 at 8:18pm

JULIA MURNEY!?! I can't go to this...man, I wish I could...

*pouts*

What the puck?!

darkmist115 Profile Photo
darkmist115
#53re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/9/06 at 8:55pm

wow.
This is sure to be absolutely fantastic.
If only I could go to UCLA for a day trip..
hmmre: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only..

TheEnchantedHunter
#54re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:27pm

Though I don't like the show at all, I yield to no one in my admiration of JRB's musicianship. But to have the self-regarding JRB as Jamie is a vanity project too awful to even contemplate. You couldn't pay me to see it!

Mayella Ewell
Maycomb, Alabama

Updated On: 1/11/06 at 10:27 PM

YouWantitWhen????
#55re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:55pm

Well, this must be a good show to warrant a typically thoughtful and articulate post from TheEnchantedHunter.

Now I know my money is well spent.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#56re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:58pm

Thanks for the tip, YWIW?? I'm definitely going to look into it. I'll let you know if I'm going.

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#57re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:27pm

I checked today and it's sold out...Does anybody have an extra ticket?

Please e-mail me at cocopazzo@hotmail.com

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

YouWantitWhen????
#58re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:43pm

I actually tried Ticketmaster at about 5:30 and there was a ticket available . . .

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#59re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:49pm

Julia singing JRB + JRB singing JRB + anytime i hear L5Y = MAJOR MAJOR MAJORMAJORMAJOR EARGASM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#60re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/10/06 at 12:47am

Yippee...I'm going! I'll be in the back row (I should have bought that J row ticket two weeks ago!!) Now, I'll let my husband and daughter fight it out for the other ticket. It's 2 hours away, but will be worth the drive. Plus, I'll be going to see it at the Chance theater when it comes. Last I read, they were having a second audition casting call trying to find a Cathy.

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#61re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/10/06 at 1:44am

If I were as funny and talented as JRB, I might be full of myself too (well, fuller than I already am). I saw his concert at the El Portal last year and I loved every minute of it. I can't help but feel that comments like Enchanted's come out of jealousy of some kind or other, though he/she will certainly deny it. It reminds me of high school when the best defense against the popular set was to put them down for being full of themselves.

Anyway...it's really great to see such interest here for this show! And this is probably the first sold out Reprise Monday show and the first one not to be offered at 1/2 price. I'm so glad I bought my close up seat a couple months ago (and I thought it was a bit early).

Hester Prynne Profile Photo
Hester Prynne
#62re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/10/06 at 8:09am

I'm not the biggest Julia Murney fan. I could never get into THE WILD PARTY, although I have to admit she sounds wonderful as Mother in RAGTIME, I do think she'll make an excellent Cathy. Wish I was in California to see it.

MassOfMen on 5/17/07: "and lastly, I have no vested interest in LB. I have seen the show, I paid my money (a lot of money for that tix) I didn't watch it on a bootleg, yes I saw the flesh and bone of the people up there working their tails off. But do I really have to explain myself to you? are you the judge jury and executioner of Bwyworld.com message board? no. But I digress, I will leave this subject as I am bored of the rebuttals anyway, and go back to "wasting my time" with the job of building buildings. We have chat boards for architects as well, ya know."

Jwaa
#63re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/10/06 at 12:37pm

oh man thats great news, i bet julia will be a delight! I love what she does with her work...

JRB playing jamie...i would love to see him play a character, i just cant see it though, his personality seems to strong to be explored infront of an audience, after all all the songs i think were written with feelings taken from himself, i hope he fully does the part, and not just a concert version.

:)

X

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#64re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/10/06 at 2:16pm

Since JRB = Jamie, I can't think of better casting. He's a fantastic singer, and one of the funniest guys I've ever seen on stage. I don't know too many composer/lyricists who are as talented an entertainer as JRB is. It must be difficult for him to give himself entirely to the dramatic moments in the show, since he has to relive a lot of pain, but hopefully he'll be willing to dig deep. There are a lot of us from BWW going to be there, maybe the biggest L.A. get-together ever, and you can be sure there'll be lots of postings after the show.
See you all at the Freud!
(Always nice to hear from Jwaa!)

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#65re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/10/06 at 2:18pm

Just a reminder that The Chance Theater in Anaheim is doing their own production of TL5Y. It should be well worth a look, if you can get down to Orange County.
http://www.chancetheater.com/prod_061years.htm

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#66re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/10/06 at 4:17pm

It is very exciting that we are going to have such a large BWW group representing at this performance!

It's pretty rare that we get to celebrate simultaneously as a LA Theatre audience.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#67re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/10/06 at 5:19pm

<~~This is someone who wishes they were in LA

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#68re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/11/06 at 3:13am

Looks like the following are going to be there for TL5Y:
LucilleAndLeoFrank
Patronus
Sheri
lite2shine
YouWantitWhen????
emo_geek
defygravity2
eslgr8
Anyone else joining the biggest BWW/LA event so far?

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#69re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/11/06 at 3:18am

Yep, and about 8 other people I know hehe.

Wasn't Sondhiems 75th at the Hollywood bowl the biggest?

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999
Updated On: 1/11/06 at 03:18 AM

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#70re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/11/06 at 4:00am

Oh gosh, now I feel like a party pooper. I want to come! I want to come!

I'm going to be in Vegas the weekend before so I've got to budget my money in case my friend wins Miss America and we go crazy celebrating. Plus I'm probably going to try and catch Avenue Q while there...

decisions, decisions.

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#71re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/11/06 at 11:44am

Hollywood Bowl's may have been bigger. I don't know as that particular show didn't interest me so I didn't attend. But TL5Y is certainly the largest group concentrated in the smallest area.
Add "fakeblue" to the list of BWW attendees!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#72re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/11/06 at 11:52am

JRB playing Jamie seems just a tad like Joan and Melissa Rivers playing themselves in that TV movie...(kidding) Will this be recorded?

Where can you hear Murney as the Mother in Ragtime?

PEACE.

Danielm
#73re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/11/06 at 12:49pm

Well, eslgr8, some of the remarks regarding JRB may well be due to jealousy. I like him, but after seeing his concert at the El Portal my partner can't stand him. I have to admit he can be rather full of himself and it sometimes seemed awfully self-congratulatory. I like him, thou I much prefered it when other people sang his songs, Scarlet, Megan Mullally and that wonderful woman from New York.

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#74re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only
Posted: 1/11/06 at 1:42pm

Anjilly will be there too. She is a quality, not quantity poster - but is definitely my better half. re: Does everyone know about Jason Robert Brown starring in TL5Y, 1-30 only

Videos