pixeltracker

Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play more than once?- Page 3

Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play more than once?

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#50re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 2:29pm

Reading through this list, I'm surprised to see how many productions of The Wizard of Oz have been done, just in this post! And multiple productions, for some of you.

I've played the Tinman years ago (but only once)... I had no idea the stage show was produced THAT often.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Nothatsmrt Profile Photo
Nothatsmrt
#51re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 2:38pm

Oooh, I forgot one, and this is interesting:

I played Mary Magdalene twice in The Passion Play at the Park Theater in Union City, NJ It's the longest running version of any Passion Play story in the country (since 1931). it's a crazy musical thing with very 80's music. It was also the play that got all sorts of phoned-in death threats in 1997 because the actor playing Jesus was black. Quite an interesting show.

sweeneyfan
#52re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 2:52pm

I have directed The Mystery of Edwin Drood twice (and would love to again), and was in West Side Story as a teenager (Pepe) and as an adult (Doc).

"Cor! me bones is weary!" -Mrs. Lovett

Luckydave14
diva007
#54re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 2:57pm

I have played Abigail in "The Crucible" 3 times, and Alice in "You Can't Take It with You" twice.

I would love to play Abigail again!

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#55re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 3:39pm

I was in Antigone twice... Once as Creon, once as Haemon.

EganFan2
#56re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 3:45pm

Gwendolen Fairfax, "The Importance of Being Earnest". And honestly, I couldn't ask for a better (non-musical) role to repeat.

ByMySide25
#57re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 3:55pm

It took me three shows of Annie to finally get to play the role I wanted to play since the first production: Rooster Hannigan. Before that I had been Ensemble/Henry Morganthau and Daddy Warbucks. The show never got old or boring though. The three productions were also very different which probably helped.

I really wanted to be Mortimer or Dr. Einstein in Arsenic & Old Lace after playing Mr. Gibbs in a church production, but I ended up getting cast at Rev. Dr. Harper the second time around.

"Everybody has a different idea of love. One girl I know said, 'I knew he loved me when he didn't come in my mouth.'" ~ Andy Warhol

WalveMalve Profile Photo
WalveMalve
#58re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 4:42pm

I've played the role of Jean Valjean twice in Les Miz. Both times I wanted to be Javert.

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#59re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 5:55pm

I was in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat twice, once as a dancer and then as Potiphar's Wife.

I was also in Fiddler on the Roof twice, once as chorus and the second time as Tzeitel.

WalveMalve...Cyrano? Love it.

actorgal
#60re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:05pm

I did "Joseph" twice as well (as different characters), but the productions were back to back so I ended up spending about a year doing that one show...I love it, but I don't think I can handle it again!

I mean, you tell me, who would you rather meet in a dark alley? Whatever's out there, or that geezer with his four hundred knives? I mean, who packs four hundred knives? Personally, I only have space for two hundred, three hundred at most.

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#61re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:10pm

Wow, actorgal. I could never, ever handle Joseph for an entire year!

Daniela Profile Photo
Daniela
#62re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:29pm

Winnifred from Once Upon A Mattress-2 times.
Sr. Robert Anne-Countless times with 2 different companies. Have done Nunsense 3 times. Nuncrackers, Meshuggah-Nuns twice.

I think those 2 are the only characters I have done more than once.

Ooh, I did Grease twice. First time was a community theatre production and the director actually "added" 2 pink ladies and I was one of them. I forget my name, but she thought I deserved a bigger part than anything left so she gave me some of the ladies lines and vocal parts.
2nd time I did Grease, I was Rizzo.

If all the world's a stage, I want my own damn dressing room.

BwayLeadman
#63re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:52pm

A Midsummer Night's Dream 3 times, twice as Nick Bottom.

Character Actor Profile Photo
Character Actor
#64re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 9:22pm

A Midsummer Night's dream twice( 1st time as Flute, 2nd time as Demetrius (A GREAT step up lol)) and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat twice. That ones a funny story... I was cast as Levi in my school's production (Around December, show for March.), and my director was also directing it at her church, so, in February (about a week before her church show) she asks me to play Issacar because one of her other cast members has somewhere to go, or something. So, I have like 2 rehearsals with the church cast and end up doing 2 out of the 3 performances. That was fun...

freeadmission Profile Photo
freeadmission
#65re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 10:33pm

"Reading through this list, I'm surprised to see how many productions of The Wizard of Oz have been done, just in this post! And multiple productions, for some of you.

I've played the Tinman years ago (but only once)... I had no idea the stage show was produced THAT often."

The community theatre around here makes a point of doing it once a year, mostly for the purpose of showcasing every little actor-wannabe kid in the Triad area as a Munchkin. The surrounding cities produce it almost as often. Small towns, ya know?

Dancinqueen123 Profile Photo
Dancinqueen123
#66re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 10:38pm

Annie-once as Miss Hannigan and once as Grace Farrell

<--Sometimes it's easier to get out of a jam than into one

ToBeingAnUsForOnce Profile Photo
ToBeingAnUsForOnce
#67re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 11:11pm

I played Toto in The Wiz when I was eight years old, and in April I'll be playing the Scarecrow in the same show.

Videos