"Chicago" rush

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#50re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 2/7/07 at 8:39am

haha, how long did you end up waiting in the cold?

"Wishes come true, not free..."

TristezzaBella27
#51re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 2/7/07 at 10:48am

not too long. i got there around 8:30 am because my friend was with me and we were gonna get tickets to the night show of Spring Awakening too.

For Chicago I would have been fine showing up around 9:30. But its ok, I would rather be safe than sorry.

And BTW omg at Robyn!!! She was just... she sounded amazing!!!

coolkid11776
#52re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 8/15/07 at 9:38pm

I know this is sn old thread but i didn't want to start a new one

How has the rush been is it student rush or general rush?
Where are the seats? How many do they sell?

What time should I get there for tickets?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

coolkid11776
#53re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 8/20/07 at 8:02pm

BUMP
I'm going to the city wednessday and want to rush chicago on thursday but need these questions answered

The Questions are
How has the rush been is it student rush or general rush?
Where are the seats? How many do they sell?

What time should I get there for tickets?
I thank you for any help

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#54re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 8/20/07 at 8:09pm

All I know is it is general rush and they sell the extreme side orchestra seats.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

coolkid11776
#55re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 8/21/07 at 9:16pm

Bump

Ivan2 Profile Photo
Ivan2
#56re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 3/20/08 at 2:41am

I've seen the show five times before while it was on tour. I don't need a perfect view, but I still want a good seat. Should I buy a normal priced ticket? Or how bad are the side orchestra rush seats, what get's skewed?

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#57re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 3/30/08 at 2:02pm

Bump.

What time does the box office open?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#58re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 3/30/08 at 2:11pm

10 AM everyday but Sunday when it opens at Noon.

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#59re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 3/30/08 at 3:03pm

Ok. Thank you.

I'm wondering if it will be possible to rush both CHICAGO and GYPSY on the same Sunday.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#60re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 3/30/08 at 3:04pm

I would get to the Gypsy box office way before it opens so you can get the front row seats and then run up to the Ambassador for tickets to the night show, which I doubt would sell out that quickly.

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#61re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 3/30/08 at 3:27pm

That's what I'm thinking.

Thanks for all your help.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#62re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:15pm

I am planning to rush Chicago this Saturday for the matinee. I don't think I will get to the box office until about 11:30-12 (possibly a bit earlier). Do you think chances of rush are good for this show? Especially since it is general rush and not student.

What about for A Chorus Line?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Raspberry Profile Photo
Raspberry
#63re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 3/30/08 at 10:20pm

The box office opens at 10 and they only do rush for one performance on Saturday, so I think you'll need to get there earlier than that, especially on a weekend and during spring break season.

"I just want a story and a few good songs that will take me away. I just want to be entertained. I mean, isn't that the point?"

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#64re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 3/31/08 at 6:57am

My friends and I rushed it yesterday. I got there about 11 while they grabbed us coffee. We were first in line by about 5 minutes. Then it was just 2 groups until 11:30 when more people started showing up. by the time the box office opened, the line was long enough that people were out the door and down the stairs while waiting in line. I wouldn't call it a sure bet on a weekend by any stretch of the imagination. They do have standing room if they're sold out, though.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#65re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 3/31/08 at 10:09am

A Chorus Line gives whatever seats are available. If they're close to selling out they'll only offer standing room. You should be fine getting there around 11:30-12.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Videos