News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

You know you're a B'way geek when...- Page 3

You know you're a B'way geek when...

moulinrougehk Profile Photo
moulinrougehk
#50re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 11:00pm

Hmm... this is only for beginners. If your are a B'way geek, you have already forgotten Joseph (at least I have).

Somebody sit in my chair, and ruin my sleep, and make me aware of being alive!

NathanLaneStalker
#51re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 11:07pm

...someone asks "What's the time?" and you say "Well, it's gotta be close to midnight!" and it's 10 in the morning...

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

TTL Profile Photo
TTL
#52re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 11:10pm

When you say... "Jesus Christ SUPERSTAR!" Instead of Jesus Christ re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Updated On: 11/9/06 at 11:10 PM

NathanLaneStalker
#53re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 11:13pm

^ I do that sometimes! Haha!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Julian2
#54re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 11:24pm

Or Gotterdamurung! Instead of God Dam-n!

Those who have seen live/been in My Fair Lady will know what I mean.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Broadway Baby4 Profile Photo
Broadway Baby4
#55re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 11:47pm

when you are asked to do something, you sing "I can do that"

when someone says there's one more day, you start singing "one day more"

*edited because I can't spell* Updated On: 11/14/06 at 11:47 PM

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#56re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 1:25am

When you've done almost everything that everyone has been saying on this thread.

When your friend looks at your party shuffle on itunes and asks how you made a shuffle with just your musical stuff, and you have to admit that that is all you have on itunes.

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#57re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 2:26am

"Hmm... this is only for beginners. If your are a B'way geek, you have already forgotten Joseph (at least I have)."

How can I forget Joseph? That was the first show I ever saw!

- When you remember every show you've ever seen, because you've listened to each one of them so many times that all the recordings are etched into your brain... and you have over 1500 songs from musicals.

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

Wicked_fan
#58re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:50am

Whenever someone says the name 'Cathy' it's quickly followed up with "I'll be there soon, Cathy, I'll finish up this chapter and be oooout the door".

And along with the sondheim moments... for anyone who knows the show Merrily We Roll Along... anytime someone says "How's it going?" I always follow it up with singing "Opening Doors".

"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit"

-Feste from "Twelfth Night"

Updated On: 11/10/06 at 10:50 AM

ErinDillyFan Profile Photo
ErinDillyFan
#59re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:55am

When someone challenges you to a competition in something you start to sing:

"Anything you can do, I can do better..."

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#60re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 2:16pm

- When one of your favorite shows is Desperate Housewives just because the episodes are mostly named after Sondheim songs (and you have a playlist with all the songs used as titles)

- When you're wearing a different show shirt in your license picture and your school ID

- When you're watching Team America and your friends turn to you to ask if the name's the mention from Cats are actual character names. And even though you think it's a terrible show, you know it well because it has to do with B'way

- When you start singing "Big News!" everytime someone makes a big announcement.

- When you listened to KT Tunstall's "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" and were immediately reminded of "That's What He Said".

- When your friend was talking about their lab partner named Roxy, and you don't remember a thing he said about her because you were too busy singing "Roxie" for all to hear.

- When you actually spend half the night thinking of stuff to add to this list.

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#61re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 3:54pm

...when you have your friend in New York City call you in Denver as he is leaving every show he sees (And he sees them all because of the work he does!) so that you can get his "review" and hear the noise of the city in the background as he is walking home. Because it makes you feel like you are there. Oh...and that friend takes a picture of the marquee and sends it to you on the way into the theatre. Yup...that would be me!

Just give the world Love.

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#62re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 4:14pm

*When you own multiple cast recordings of the same show and the movie version soundtrack (if any) and then make a compilation CD after listening to them all and choosing your favorite rendition of each song. (Not that I ever did this, with CHICAGO, or anything!)

*When you get upset when they DON'T make a new cast recording (either the Broadway cast like PHANTOM & MAMMA MIA - or - the London cast like PRODUCERS & WICKED)!

*When you spend almost $40 to rebuy a cast recording you already own because now it comes with a bonus DVD with, like, three minutes of bonus material.

*When you no longer know the color of your walls because of all the windowcards hung on them (in chronological viewing order, of course!)

*When your friends make it part of your nickname.

*When you daily go to "You Know What" dot com and search for whatever show is your current obsession.

*When you watch film versions of musicals and entertain (or annoy) your friends telling them every little detail that is different.

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

xerotheory7803
#63re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 4:14pm

when you post in a thread online called "you kow youre a B'way geek when..."

lol

but seriously, you might be a geek..

when you see shows more than any rational human would

(ive seen the wedding singer 29 times...and im far from done lol)

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#64re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 4:34pm

Also when you can have an entire conversation (not a real long one) using song titles, lyrics or lines from a show....and it just comes naturally to those having the conversation!

Just give the world Love.

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#65re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 4:48pm

-You seriously consider going trick-or-treating just so you can dress up like Mrs. Lovett.

-You say "loverly" instead of just "lovely"

-You doze off in class and hear your teacher say "assimilated" and actually say out loud "ASSIMILATED?! CANDIDE! PATTI LuPONE!!!"

-Freak out during a history documentary when someone mentions Ragtime.

-Can hold an entire conversation using quotes from Funny Girl.

-Your MP3 player is practically ALL showtunes.

-Have Chicago sing-a-longs with your Grandma.

-Watch 'Murder She Wrote' just for Angela Lansbury

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

Broadwayluva Profile Photo
Broadwayluva
#66re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 4:53pm

when you go to a stage door and know the understudys and ask for their autograph and they reply with, "I didn't even know you would know who I was." Yeah ALTAR BOYZ!!! great night

when you take a drive through of a stage door so you know where to attack after the show. (WICKED tour!!! in Boston)

i'm sure i have more!!!

TTL Profile Photo
TTL
#67re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 5:43pm

When you start listening to your Broadway Recordings say @ 8PM weekly and on Saturdays & Wednesdays 2 & 8PM or Sundays 3pM or 7:30. Also you get really pissed if your alone singing and getting all into your showtune at the moment and you get a cell phone call or anyone living with you that is not aware of your bad voice/good voice or just doesn't understand you & your love for Broadway walks in.

kenc2 Profile Photo
kenc2
#68re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 9:47pm

you enter the chat room of this site and sit in front of your computer waiting for someone to join you

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#69re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 9:54pm

-You seriously consider going trick-or-treating just so you can dress up like Mrs. Lovett.

-You say "loverly" instead of just "lovely"

-You doze off in class and hear your teacher say "assimilated" and actually say out loud "ASSIMILATED?! CANDIDE! PATTI LuPONE!!!"

-Freak out during a history documentary when someone mentions Ragtime.

-Can hold an entire conversation using quotes from Funny Girl.

-Your MP3 player is practically ALL showtunes.

-Have Chicago sing-a-longs with your Grandma.

-Watch 'Murder She Wrote' just for Angela Lansbury

You and I may just be the exact same person. I'm not kidding, I have done all of the above.

When you're bored off your ass in math class you play "name that broadway diva/show/character/composer/lyricist/book writer/song etc..." and you are now failing because you understand none of the concepts.
Whoops.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#70re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:03pm

random words/situations remind you of random showtunes... i.e. every time it really quiet, i for some reason start humming Point of No Return "Silence, Silence... I have brought you..." and stuff like that. I also greet my friend george with lines form SITPWG

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#71re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:04pm

You and I may just be the exact same person. I'm not kidding, I have done all of the above.

When you're bored off your ass in math class you play "name that broadway diva/show/character/composer/lyricist/book writer/song etc..." and you are now failing because you understand none of the concepts.
Whoops.

I think you are right because I've done that exact same thing! HA!

I thought of a few more to add to the list :)
- Spend your Friday night watching "Broadway - The American Musical" instead of going out with friends.

-You immediately sing 'Fancy Dress' from The Drowsy Chaperone when you hear someone ask if they are late.

-Read all of the Theatre sections in your History book on the first day of school. (I am so guilty of this one!)

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#72re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:11pm

I think you are right because I've done that exact same thing! HA!

I thought of a few more to add to the list :)
- Spend your Friday night watching "Broadway - The American Musical" instead of going out with friends.

-You immediately sing 'Fancy Dress' from The Drowsy Chaperone when you hear someone ask if they are late.

-Read all of the Theatre sections in your History book on the first day of school. (I am so guilty of this one!)

Whoahkay, This is gettin' freaky. 'Specially the last one!

People are scared to mention anything broadway related because it is pretty much garunteed that I will either
a. Bitch at them
b. begin to debate them or
c. Sing.

and

Your locker is decorated with pictures of Alexis Smith, Barbra Streisand, Patti LuPone, Chita Rivera, and Angela Lansbury, and even though your partner has no clue who any of them are, they're a little afraid to demand their section.
(Maria Callas, Bette Davis, and Meryl Streep are on their too.)
And all of your friends can correctly identify each and every one of them. You've made sure of it.

Haha, I sound like total b!tch

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

CJR
#73re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/10/06 at 11:51pm

....when you hear someone say "I hope I get it" and all you can think is "GOD I hope I get it... I hope I get it.... how many people does he need?"

Also, when you are inclined to finish other sentances of the like with other bway lyrics

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#74re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/11/06 at 1:11am

When you impress everyone by knowing all the assassins of the presidents when you study them in history class, and then have to explain that you only know that because they made a musical about it.

Videos