pixeltracker

"Jersey Boys" San Francisco- Page 3

"Jersey Boys" San Francisco

Broadway4Life2
#50re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/21/06 at 7:04pm

Yay! I'm so thrilled to read positive feedback. I'm going to see it the 24th of feb (matinee). I'm so psyched! By the way, does anyone know when the best time to get souvenirs is? I was thinking either before the show or @ intermission because everyone's either heading home or to the stage door afterwards. And if someone could give me a heads up on where the stage door is, I'd appreciate it.

kaibranch
#51re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/29/06 at 2:45pm

Emily, great photo with Erich! He's always nice at the stagedoor.

Bway4life, I think the best time to get souvenirs is at intermission. The lobby is always really crowded before the show.

The stage door is on the left when you're walking out. It's just on the side of the theatre. There's no actual door, but that's where you meet the cast. The guys usually come out pretty quickly. You have to wait a while longer for Christopher Kale Jones [Frankie Valli] since he has some vocal exercises after the show. Enjoy the show!

I saw the show last night, and these guys are just as good as the NYC cast. Lots of energy and always entertaining. It was my 5th time [I saw it twice in NYC] and I still enjoyed it. For anybody who hasn't seen it: go see it if you have the chance!

Broadway4Life2
#52re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/29/06 at 4:34pm

Thanks for the heads up! So would they come out in between shows or no?

xxnewgirlxx Profile Photo
xxnewgirlxx
#53re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/29/06 at 4:56pm

I saw the production last week (Dec. 21) and was so happy with it. The cast was wonderful, especially Erich Bergen, who had a great take on the character of Bob Gaudio. He took him from an awkward, nervous teenager to a confident, savvy businessman flawlessly.

I am still struck by the simple perfection of the performance of "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You". It's such a satisfying moment in theater.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#54re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/29/06 at 5:22pm

I heard that in this national tour production, Frankie's role is perfomed by one actor for six times/wk and by another actor for twice/wk like the way currently done on Broadway. Nobody talked about this practice yet? Has anybody seen an alternate Frankie yet?

mll85
#55re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/30/06 at 3:03am

I rushed the matinee today (12/29) with a friend and I was blown away by the cast. Their performance was full of energy and their voices were amazing. They deserved every applause and standing ovation they got from the packed theater. And the guys are so nice at the stage door, there was a lot of people and they signed playbills and gladly took photos with everyone there. My friend and I can't stop talking about how great the show is. She’s going to try to catch it one more time before she goes back to school and I’m going to try to catch it at least one more time before the run in the city ends. Man, I LOVE this show.

jimnysf
#56re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:05pm

When is "Jersey Boys" actually ending in San Francisco? I was checking the road grosses in Variety for the week of 12/18-24, and it reads "OE" for "Open Ended" run. Also, it is listed as "Tour 2". Does this mean there will be another touring company? Just wondering how this could be Tour 2 when there is the only tour happening at the moment.

SAN FRANCISCO
Jersey Boys (M-Tour 2) Curran ($87; 1,599; $878,315) (12/3/06-OE).

Last (4th) wk, $863,925

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#57re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/2/07 at 7:40pm

It is in SF until March 25. I just saw the SF show this past Saturday. I've seen the show 3 times in NYC and I have to say the tour cast is excellent. I loved Erich Bergen and Jarrod Spector (Frankie alternate) was fantastic!

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

kaibranch
#58re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:05pm

Does anybody know when Jarrod goes on for Frankie? I would love to see him in the role.

E is for Emily2 Profile Photo
E is for Emily2
#59re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/2/07 at 11:01pm

The security guard at the stage door took the same bart train as me, so we talked to him for a while. He said they're thinking about keeping the show here for a year. Maybe that's why it said Tour 2? I have no idea how true it is. (That would be super though.)

Erich Bergen was my favorite in the show. His voice is wonderful (as is his acting.)
Does anybody listen to Green Room Radio? I talked to Erich afterwards and he said he was recording the next day (12/21) but I haven't seen anything.

jimnysf
#60re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/3/07 at 12:26am

I'm thinking maybe this show will stay put in SF as long as ticket sales remain strong and that LA will get a different cast. Perhaps some or all of the original NY Cast? I guess time will tell.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#61re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/3/07 at 12:42am

I may not like this idea....that means more shows will head into the Golden Gate and the Orpheum.....I am incredibly nervous everytime I go to the Golden Gate Theatre...I really dont mind the Orpheum

mll85
#62re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/3/07 at 1:27am

I think it would be great if the show stayed longer then currently scheduled.

Emily, I listen to Green Room Radio and when I went to see the show on the 29th I asked Erich when he would post another episode, he said he would try to get the next one up sometime this week.

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#63re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/3/07 at 2:14am

The area around the GG Theatre isn't that bad as long as you're not like, flashing your ipod and gucci bag around. I worked at the Warfield for a summer when I first moved here and I would walk to the Geary bus stop everynight or early morning, never had a single problem. Just keep your eyes open. :) Anyway, I like the intimacy of the GG.

Still haven't seen Jersey Boys yet. I keep telling myself I'll go this week but I just keep pushing it back for some reason. guess I'll have something to look forward to in March.

#64re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/3/07 at 4:25am

I saw this show tonight Tues Jan 2nd and absolutley loved it. It was completly a last minute spontaneous decision but it was fabulous. I saw the alternate Frankie Valli - Jarrod Spector and was extremely impressed. I actually got wonderful orchestra seat tickets from his father who then introduced me to Jarrod after the show; what a humble sweet guy he is! But yea I heard they are completly sold out until March but this show WILL be extended and there is talks of making it a sit down so for anyone in the bay area or who can get out to SF go see it! Not to be missed. What a great way to end my winter break in SF. When it comes down to LA I will definetly try to go see it again.

Anna_Elizabeth Profile Photo
Anna_Elizabeth
#65re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/3/07 at 3:40pm

I agree. The GG area isn't that bad as long as you pay attention to your surroundings. I've never had a problem either. But the theatre is a barn that needs to be refurbished. For half the shows I've seen there, the balcony has been closed.

If there is another JB company going to LA, I wonder how many of the SF cast will go south instead of staying in SF? I see the show again on Jan. 13th.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#66re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/24/07 at 1:45pm

I talked to Jarrod after the show and I think he said he is doing he matinees. He may come to LA but everything is up in the air, especially depending on who does LA. I am excited because I have tickets for 2 nights in LA.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#67re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 1/24/07 at 1:53pm

Saw it last weekend and REALLY enjoyed myself. Great cast. I'm curious about Jarrod Spector, and am irritated that they call him the alternate in the playbill but don't actually say when he goes on. re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco (So, thanks WickedOne2!)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

jimnysf
#68re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/3/07 at 11:41am

Tickets are now on sale through April 1st. Rumors are that this will be sticking around for some time and that the LA version is the actual touring company. There are also rumors on another website that the LA company will feature "special guests". I'm betting that means some, if not all, of the Broadway cast will appear in LA, just like "Hairspray" did.

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#69re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/3/07 at 1:12pm

Sigh. Well this is good for the San Francisco theater community. I really wished I had liked this show more since it seems to be turning into a sit-down production.

LizzieCurry
#70re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/3/07 at 3:21pm

YES!

That's what I'd heard, too.

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#71re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/3/07 at 4:27pm

There is a three week window between SF and LA. Maybe this is just extending to fill in the space. I have not heard about another cast and production being prepared

mll85
#72re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/16/07 at 4:44am

I was going to buy my ticket for the final preformance, which I though was 4/1, but tickets are now being sold until 4/15. Has anyone heard any new info about creating a new touring cast and turning the current production in SF into a sit-down, or is this just another small extension?

littlelotte64 Profile Photo
littlelotte64
#73re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/16/07 at 8:03am

<>

Updated On: 2/16/07 at 08:03 AM

LizzieCurry
#74re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/16/07 at 11:12am

mll85, it may get extended even past that, so if you really want to see the closing performance, you might want to wait (or be willing to see it one more time than you'd expected).

Videos