pixeltracker

The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread- Page 3

The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread

Sondheim Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim Geek
#50re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:54pm

The Curtains and Mary Poppins numbers scared me. I've seen both shows, and I was entirely freaked out. I thought it was a fever dream.

I've lost all hope. I'm not even gonna care anymore. I know it's going to be an awful result.

SondheimGeek: Is it slightly pathetic that you guys get to be Jedi bitches, and I'm Bitchy the Hutt?
LizzieCurry: No, you're more memorable

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#51re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:56pm

I can't believe I'm happy that for once they've announced an award...and it wasn't Spring Awakening...yet SA wasn't even nominated for the category...Yay Journey's end for best revival play!

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

i.heart.link Profile Photo
i.heart.link
#52re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:56pm

yea... This thread makes me hope Spring Awakening wins everything! re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread

Updated On: 6/10/07 at 09:56 PM

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#53re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:59pm

fyi-it didnt win everything-it lost 2.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#54re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 10:00pm

Go Curtains, Poppins & Gardens for best musical!

And I liked SA...

This is just ridiculous. Me & the whole 1st mezzanine are in shock.

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#55re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 10:02pm

So the first thing we do is kill all the Tony voters.

SporkGoddess
#56re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 10:04pm

Oh thank God, I thought I was the only one who felt this way! Grey Gardens isn't the best show ever, but it definitely deserves it over SA.

VonTussleGirl and ThankstoPhantom: I completely agree re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

ucjrdude902
#57re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 10:04pm

dramarama-do me a favor! get everyone there to BOO real loud if SA wins best musical. and start chanting GREY GARDENS or MARY POPPINS or CURTAINS! it doesnt matter just something! okay! ty!
Updated On: 6/10/07 at 10:04 PM

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#58re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 10:07pm

Nobody here's any fun...

It was funny though...

After the company speech nobody clapped. We had no idea whether the speech was over...

I want LBB to get the best actress tony. I know it's a long shot, but I love tony surprises and I want LB to walk away with something.

Updated On: 6/10/07 at 10:07 PM

ucjrdude902
#59re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 10:10pm

um---im done with tonys-i mean i would still like to win one once i get older but tonight-im done.

ThankstoPhantom
#60re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 10:14pm

Are you on a laptop, Drama?

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#61re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 10:15pm

Mobile...lol mostly in commercial breaks...but its so boring...

GO JULIE WHITE!

I didn't see the little dog laughed but whatever...

Best actor and actress in a musical & best musical awards left...

FINGERS CROSSED NO SPRING AWAKENING!

Updated On: 6/10/07 at 10:15 PM

singingshowgirl Profile Photo
singingshowgirl
#62re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:49pm

the choreography was ABSURD. every single number in spring awakening consisted of a lot of jumping...i was annoyed and turned to my non-theatrical father and told him to start jumping up and down. he did and then i said, "okay. you've just done the comprable to winning a tony."

i'm not a huge mary poppins or curtains fan, but at least that was ACTUAL choreography with REAL dancing that my non-theatrical father would not be able to do

i wanted grey gardens to win best musical, but at least spring awakening winning that wasn't SHOCKING lol

raiosunshine Profile Photo
raiosunshine
#63re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:53pm

I totally agree, showgirl. I thought the other shows nominated had actual, great choreography that was noteworthy to be recognized.

I was really surprised to see Spring Awakening win in this category. The other ones, not so much, but this one... yes.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#64re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:56pm

i don't think it deserved choreo, book, orch, or musical... but that's just me.

brad3 Profile Photo
brad3
#65re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:58pm

Jerry Mitchell should have won. The choreography on Legally Blonde was just outstanding.

BDavis0092
#66re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:00am

Oh please. Lets go ahead and start this. Spring Awakening didn't deserve anything did it? I mean, it's a terrible show. Why is it every show that wins many Tonys doesn't deserve half of them?

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
#67re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:02am

Wow. Now that is a slap in the face for all those dancers in the other show who studied for years to do difficult technical choreography. They have to go through hours of dance calls.

Now those actors who were too lazy to go to a dance class can go..hey, SA won best choreography for stomping, jumping and touching themselves. I can do that. See I didn't have to take ballet, jazz and tap to be a dancer on Broadway.

This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#68re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:05am

No BDavis, Spring Awakening did deserve some awards. Just not the majority it won.

I fwe want to complain about Spring Awakening winning so many awards, we can. If someone started a thread called "The OFFICIAL GG Didn't Deserve Thread", I wouldn't be mad.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

BDavis0092
#69re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:09am

But no one is going to start that. Grey Gardens didn't win as many Tonys as they should have. Grey Gardens could have won 8 Tonys as well. And if it did, somebody would have started a Grey Gardens didn't deserve those Tonys thread, and I would have a problem with that. I have a serious problem with the general thought on this board that shows that receive great acclaims and awards is always overrated.

wonderfulwizard11
#70re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:12am

Or perhaps people just didn't like it?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

BDavis0092
#71re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:13am

Just like people didn't like Les Mis, Phantom, or the Producers for that matter? None of those shows deserve the recognition they got do they?

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#72re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:13am

it didn't deserve half the awards it won

But Choreography ??? are you serious ?, as a dancer i watched that and laughed my arse off

Blonde or Poppins should have won

But hey the tonys wanted to kiss SA arse this year

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

wonderfulwizard11
#73re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:16am

It's a matter of opinion. I for one, thought The Producers desrved many of the Tonys they won. But if someone were to start a "The Producers Didn't Deserve The Tonys" I would just not click on the link. It's not as if we're posting on the SA love thread. We have a right to complain if we want to, and we want to.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#74re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:24am

Guys this thread is clearly for the haters. If you like it, don't post. That's what you guys always insist should happen! :)

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Videos